Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SasmithaYour feedback matters!
Is doing crunches bad for females? I have heard a few people saying that it causes severe cramps during periods and damages reproductive system. Is it true?
Is there any side effects to use contraception pill? Like I pill. Any other medicine for having safe sex?
I ve been married from 4 years, we are trying for baby and are unsuccessful. I have PCOD and thyroid. Thyroid is in normal range .But due to Pcod, have irregular periods. How can I successfully conceive. Any suggestions?
Man is different from the other species in that we are social beings. One of the main differentiators is our constant need to 'connect' with our fellow beings. Be it family or friends or society at large, we constantly need to be connected to our near and dear ones and want attention, affection, and assurance.
We need to respect this basic desire and appreciate that there is nothing wrong in feeling needed. Problems arise when this feeling to be needed gets excessive. There is a significant constant demand from the needy person, especially from those who are close to them.
Some cases where neediness is demonstrated are in new relationships. In the beginning, there is a great urge to please and therefore a greater focus on interacting with them. There is a fear of losing attention, there is insatiable excessive demand for attention - be it pleas, accusations, or demands - so as to not feel abandoned and deserted. Neediness is also quite evident in people with depression. Again, an attempt to not be abandoned by their near and dear ones.
By making a conscious effort, the neediness can be reduced, thereby making the relationships smoother and less painful to both the parties involved. As the saying goes - 'acknowledging the problem is half the problem solved'. Needy people should realize or accept if told that there is an issue and make a conscious effort to work on reducing neediness.
1. Divert attention - As simple as it might sound, it is equally effective. Indulge in whatever interests you - exercise, meditation, dance, sing, etc. The idea is to divert attention so that the urge to feel needy and act on that instinct is reduced. This reduces the fear of being lonely and works magic. The busier you get, the less bored you are. As they say, be alone but not lonely.
2. Clarity in communication - One of the intricacies of neediness is making unclear demands. Sadly, quite often, the person does not know what he wants, and so are the demands or requests which are equally unclear. Once you are aware that your neediness is making you do this, make an effort to clearly communicate what you actually want. This reduces the stress on both the parties involved and leads to a happier engagement.
3. Clarity in relationships - Take a step back and see if your neediness is affecting any major relationships. If yes, revisit and clarify. Make an attempt and reestablish the relationships. If it is your truly near and dear ones, they will be very forthcoming and understanding.
4. Move on - In cases where your neediness has affected another person, be wise to accept their wishes and not be more 'needy' or clingy. This acceptance will make way for a lot of healthier relationships as you learn to deal with accepting your issues.
5. Socialize - Use your hobbies to make more friends and socialize more. Having more people to interact with reduces your need to be accepted by the same people. You have more people to rely on and might make more friends for keeps.
These are some simple ways to reduce neediness on others, but as mentioned, the first step is to accept and then work on ways to reduce it.
Could you please suggest me. What duet should be taken during pregnancy for a easy normal delivery?
Hello doctor. I'm 28 years old and got married 1.5 years before. Since I have been affected by hbv, we were postponed the pregnancy. Now my husband is vaccinated and we are planning for a baby. Suggest me some tips to get healthy pregnancy with boy baby.
A woman is the primary health care taker in a family. She is the first person a child consults when he or she is sick; she looks after the nutrition of the entire family, she is the one who dresses your wounds at home. According to a study conducted on 500 mumbai families the monitoring of a disease, the nutrition and proper intake of medicines is monitored by the lady of the house. This women’s day let us look into the health problem she faces. Let us take care of our daughters, sisters, wives, mothers and grandmothers.
A woman faces many changes in her life, firstly at puberty, during pregnancy and child birth and menopause. During each of this change her body goes through many changes physically, mentally and emotionally which can cause a deviation in her state of health. It is here that homoeopathy comes to be of great aid for her.
Let us look at few homoeopathic medicines that can give the woman in your family a disease free life:
1) Dysmenorrhoea that is painful menses: every woman has faced this problem in her life. This pain can incapacitate her from her work. Mag phos is an excellent remedy for dysmenorrhoea. Severe cramping pain in lower abdomen relieved by warm fomentation is relieved when mag phos is taken in 6x potency.
2) Remedies such as calc carb, bovista etc are of good use in leucorrhoea that is white discharge from vagina but these remedies are best taken on prescription of registered homoeopathic practitioner.
3) A common complaint a woman faces during pregnancy is vomiting during pregnancy. Medicines such as nux vomica and sepia will help a great deal in this complaint. A pregnant lady must take care that if she is vomiting more than 3 times a day and cannot retain slightest solid or liquid then she must consult the practitioner immediately.
4) Another change that comes in a woman’s life is at menopause. As the name it self suggests that it means the end of her fertility cycle. During this period a woman complaints of palpitations, weakness, irritability, hot flashes etc. The medicine belladonna will help you against the hot flashes and palpitation. Women rapidly lose bone density after menopause increasing their risk of osteoporosis. Calc phos taken in 6x potency will help in such case.
The health authorities all over the world are trying to educate and inform people regarding the woman’s health. It is time that we wake up to the reality of healthy women being the harbingers of a healthy nation and work individually and collectively in this regard.
Almost every man and woman craves to have a child they can call their own. This makes an inability to procreate one of the most dreaded situations. Infertility can be defined as the inability to conceive a child within 12 months of biologically appropriately timed intercourse. Infertility exacts a huge psychological toll on the person.
Infertility often triggers depression in a person. This may be acute and result from specific events such as the holidays, family celebrations of the news of a someone else having conceived a child or could be cyclic and coincide with phases of their fertility cycle. This depression could lead to problems at work and communication with the spouse.
Infertility can also make a person feel helpless and affect their self esteem. Infertility accompanied by depression can trigger the feeling of having lost control over one’s life and can make people withdraw into themselves.
An infertile person may also often feel guilty and make them blame themselves and their prior actions for the condition. This leads them to question their worthiness of being a good spouse and potential parent. A woman who has suffered from an STD earlier or has undergone an abortion earlier can become obsessed with blaming herself for being infertile.
This affects their daily lives and ability to work. An infertile person may also feel guilty for having robbed their partner of the chance to become a parent. This can put a strain on their relationship and in many cases lead to a broken marriage.
When they find themselves unable to conceive a child, a couple may try to time their intercourse with ovulation tools, such as an ovulation thermometer etc. and may try different positions, some of which may be fairly uncomfortable. They may also end up having intercourse more often than desired. In order to prevent sperm from leaking out of the vagina, a woman may also find herself lying in an awkward supine position after intercourse. A combination of all these factors makes the act a chore and with time can lead to a loss of libido.
Infertility can also trigger anger against life for having been treated unfairly or towards other parents. This may also be displaced towards their family and friends leading to situations where they feel ostracized and unsupported.
When dealing with infertility, it is important to understand that neither partner is to blame. Infertility is a physiological condition and can be treated in most cases. It is important for both partners to support each other during this process and if need be consult a counselor.