Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Here are reasons why it is so good -
1) it does wonders to your skin - water has the ability to purge all the toxins from your blood, thus keeping your skin clear. Not only this, it also adds that natural glow to your skin to keep it shining and smooth.
2) it purifies your colon - when you wake up, you are on an empty stomach and consuming a glass or two of water at this time ensures that your colon is completely purified. As a result, your body can easily absorb more nutrients and get a health boost.
3) aids in cell production - drinking water first thing in the morning has been found to aid to a large extent in the production of new blood cells as well as muscle cells.
4) it can help you lose weight - studies have proven that drinking water in the morning can greatly aid in your weight loss program. This is due to the fact that water increases the metabolism of your body to a considerable extent. According to research, 16 ounces of chilled water can bring your metabolism up by a good 24 percent.
5) it keeps your lymph system in perfect balance - lymph glands are responsible for performing a number of basic functions of your body such as building immunity against various infections, maintaining balance of body fluids etc. Drinking water early in the morning helps keep your lymph system working in a healthy and regular manner.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Dear Doctor, I am 30 years female, married since the last 6 years, it's been 9 months post my first delivery and me and my husband started our sex life since 3 months. During which I am facing pain when at penis insertion, I am not able to bear it. There is no problem with the lubrication as my vaginal walls are getting wet on foreplay. Kindly advice me on this.
An often painful condition usually involving the bowel, ovaries or the tissue lining the pelvis, endometriosis is characterized by the abnormal growth of the endometrial tissue beyond the premises of your uterus or your pelvic region. The endometrium, in fact, functions perfectly normal with each menstrual cycle, but because of it being displaced, it cannot exit the body and consequently gets trapped.
Besides causing severe pain and distress, endometriosis can also adversely affect fertility. When the ovaries get involved, certain cysts known as endometriomas tend to develop which often result in the formation of scar tissues and adhesions.
Complications associated with it
- Infertility: Impaired fertility is the most common kind of complication arising from endometriosis, with approximately one-third to one-half women having problems with pregnancy. During endometriosis, the fallopian tube gets obstructed, thereby restricting the union of the egg and sperm.
- Ovarian cancer: Women with endometriosis are more likely to suffer from ovarian cancer. Moreover, they are also more susceptible to acquiring endometriosis related adenocarcinoma, which is another variant of cancer, but a comparatively rarer phenomenon.
How best to treat it?
Depending upon how severe your symptoms are, endometriosis can be treated via the use of medications or through the advent of surgery.
- Pain medications: Certain medications, including pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, are particularly useful in providing relief to painful menstrual cramps.
- Hormone therapy: Undergoing hormonal therapy can help ward off or reduce the pain of endometriosis, but it should be kept in mind that it is only a temporary fix and that symptoms might reoccur. Hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: This can either be done through laparoscopy or, in more extensive cases, through traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive techniques: These include in-vitro fertilization, and are sometimes more preferable over conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is usually done in more severe cases of endometriosis whereby ovaries are also removed with uterus and cervix
She has got baby and on 25 day I have little sex with her now she is telling that she see that her inner skin of vagina come outside when she sit.
I got my period on 11th last month. Since 5-6 days I am experiencing cramps and get a feeling that I will soon get my periods which does not happen. I had sex with my bf some days ago and it is scarring me of I am pregnant. I checked the symptoms and some of them matches like frequent urge to urinate, pain in breast, indigestion etc.
Hi doctors, In my last vacation done proper intercourse with my wife after her periods. Her date was ended on 11th December 2016, from 13th to 16th we contacted. For the last 5 days she feeling vomiting tendency, tiredness, breast pain, headache, itching, back pain, etc. And she checked home pregnancy test and showed a mild color change in the 2nd line also and today checked blood test there is negative in result. We are waiting for a baby, so kindly give me a proper solution in this case. Thanking you.
If we take the most important five aspects of daily routine, we end up with the following
1. Rest - Nidra
2. Relationship - Maithunam
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama
4. Nutrition - Aaharam
5. Work - Nitya karma
1. Rest - Nidra: Sleep is the process through which we rejuvenate, repair and revive our system. This is the time our body and mind goes through repair and rebuilding. Best time: Sleep between 9 and 10 pm gives maximum quality. To sleep a gentle exercise is good before an early dinner. Foot massage in the evening also aids deep sleep. The direction of the head: Head should be directed to east or south to optimise sleep. This is to do with the magnetic fields of our body and that of the earth. The position of the bedroom: This should be decided based on Vastu Shaastra principles. Feng Shui is the Chinese version of Indian Vastu Shaastra. Signs of good sleep: One feels refreshed and energised after a good sleep. Sleep is peaceful and is mostly unaware of dreams. One feels positive and happy after a good sleep. There won't be puffy eyes, headaches, sinus congestion, the heaviness of the body, tiredness, aches and pain etc in the morning.
2. Relationship - Maithunam: Our relationship with nature, society, family, colleagues and ourselves is important in building a healthy life. The first two limbs of yoga discuss this. A sexual relationship is also given importance in Ayurveda treatises as it is the most physical and intimate act of a relationship. General rules include -use aphrodisiacs, reduce the frequency in summer, sickness, low energy conditions and focus more on quality rather than quantity. The most important of all is how you relate yourself. This includes how much you value, respect and love yourself, how you talk to yourself etc.
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama: When? Exercise is best performed before eating. This prevents the formation of toxins in the system. It is never done soon after eating and just before eating or sleeping. It should be 2-3 hours after eating a normal meal. How much? Exercise is done until one’s half strength is used. Over exercise results in depletion and permanent damage of the body. Reduce the intensity and duration during summer, but you may perform it to your maximum capacity during cold seasons. What type? Strengthening and stretching in symmetry in the right combination for your bodily requirements.
4. Nutrition - Aaharam: Here we will discuss the scientific way of eating. Nutrition - Aharam: Are you just what you eat? In Ayurveda, the proper transformation of food into healthy tissue is based on the strength of the digestive fire (agni). The assimilation of nutrients and elimination of wastes is largely dependent on the efficiency of the digestive fire. So, Ayurveda believes you are what you assimilate. Perfect digestion creates radiant health and strong immunity. Unbalanced digestive fire leads to the improper transformation of food into toxins, the basis of all disease. Signs of perfect digestion: Clear, smooth skin; bright, clear eyes; balanced moods; regular and healthy appetite; absence of gastric disturbances and other diseases; glossy hair; light, flexible body; deep, refreshing sleep; abundant energy and vitality; positive attitude and lifestyle habits.
Signs of poor digestion Irregular appetite; frequent indigestion; weight loss / gain; coating of tongue; blotchy, dry or oily skin; lifeless hair; dull eyes; bloated abdomen with cramps / gas; undigested food in stool, dark or cloudy urine; disturbed sleep that isn't refreshing; excess mucous; body pains; gastrointestinal disorders and general fatigue. How did I get poor digestion? The following are some of the factors that contribute towards a weak digestion. By guarding against these you can prevent and treat most illnesses:
-Taking the wrong foods at the wrong time, in the wrong amount, in the wrong way or in a negative mental or physical environment. The most common dietary indiscretion in developed countries is overeating causing a phenomenon known as 'the under-nutrition of over-consumption'
-Premature stimulation, suppression or failure to attend to the body's natural urges such as thirst, hunger, urination, defecation, sleep, passing flatus and sneezing.
-Taking cold drinks or foods such as ice cream.
-Taking synthetic prescription / recreational drugs.
-Exposure to external toxins such as air pollutants, chemical beauty products and perfumes.
-Prolonged emotional strain such as stress, grief, anger and denial.
Optimise your nutrition: By practicing the following tips you will create perfect digestion. Remember to eat your liquids and drink your solids!
1. BEFORE EATING
Am I really hungry? It is best to eat only when you are really hungry and when the previous meal has been fully digested (roughly 5 hours).
Do I need to go to the toilet first? It is recommended to empty one’s bowels and bladder before eating. It is a sign of ill health to empty one's bowels immediately after eating.
Did I wash my hands, face & feet? Simple hygiene is important to avoid illness. Avoid taking a full shower or swim within three hours after eating as it draws the circulation away from the digestion.
2. DURING EATING
Am I in congenial surroundings? Good company, conversation, and surroundings are conducive to a contented mind, which assists proper digestion.
Did I express my gratitude? This may be in the form of a prayer to a higher power or at least to the people who helped to provide the meal.
Am I rushing? Eat at a moderate speed, taking care to chew each mouthful at least 10-20 times.
Am I appreciating this meal? Take time to appreciate the sound, the aroma, the texture, appearance and the taste of the food.
Do I need a drink? Small quantities of warm drinks encourage efficient absorption, elimination and the action of the digestive fire.
3. AFTER EATING
Am I satisfied? It is important to remember that the stomach is only the size of a fist. In order to avoid over eating make it a practice to fill your stomach half with solid food, a quarter with liquids and leave the remaining one-quarter empty for space to circulate to aid digestion.
One should avoid heavy labour, exercise or mental work for at least thirty minutes after eating.
A slow walk for five minutes is advised. Sleep is best avoided for three hours after eating as this causes the formation of toxins.
However, one may lie on the left side for up to fifteen minutes. A yoga poses known as Vajrasana is a good sitting posture to aid digestion.
The ideal diet: An ideal meal in Ayurvedic nutrition has all the following qualities:
-Fresh, locally grown, seasonal and organic ingredients.
-Consists of dishes with all the six flavours.
-Consists of four or more textures.
-Has a good balance between heavy and light, moist and dry, cooked and raw, cooling and heating foods.
-Suitable to the climate, the constitution of the eater, lifestyle and the condition of the body.
-Appears tastes and smells delicious.
-Prepared lovingly in hygienic conditions.
-There are complementary proteins such as rice & dhal.
-Heavier foods should be eaten earlier in the meal and lighter foods towards the end.
-Cooking in healthy earthen, ceramic, bronze, copper or stainless steel vessels.
-In general, avoid alcohol, meat, yeast, carbonated drinks, caffeinated drinks, tobacco, refined sugar, white flour, additives, preservatives and canned food.
-Eaten with full awareness.
-Big meals only are eaten before 6 pm.
If your digestive fire is the sluggish boost it by the following.
Before eating: 15 minutes before eating try the following recipe. Mix half a tsp grated ginger with half a tsp. lemon juice and a pinch of rock salt. After eating: Chew one teaspoon of equal parts of fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, black pepper and rock sugar.
Fasting: Fasting is often the most effective way to purify your body of toxins. In Ayurveda, fasts are tailored according to the individual's degree of toxic accumulation, their strength, and specific imbalance. To maintain health one is advised to have a cleansing tea fast or a warm water fast one day a fortnight in order to give the digestive system a rest, to re-establish proper eating habits and to expel accumulated toxins. A complete fasting is successfully done only in a stress-free environment.
A mental purification is followed at the same time, which involves silence other than prayers or affirmations, avoiding exposure to television, radio or noise and adherence to the principles of honesty, celibacy, cleanliness and service to others. Heavy mental and physical exertion are avoided at this time, however, short walks in nature and self-massage are considered highly beneficial.
Eat to live: Once you have purified your body and established healthy eating habits nutrition should be easy to maintain. Obsessively worrying about your diet or feeling remorse after dietary indiscretion sets up a self-destructive pattern. We are not 'living to eat' but we also have to be careful that we don't feed the disease. By slowly incorporating these Ayurvedic principles into your life the benefits experienced should be incentive enough to follow them with ease.
5. Work - Nitya karma: Work is based on your constitution. Earth (rectangular, heavy-boned, solid looking) people are natural hands-on, managerial, admin people who are designed to do a repetitive style of work. Water types (soft, rounded, curvaceous, large-eyed) ones are HR managers, listeners, carers, nurses, hospitable people. Fire types (angular, triangular, muscular) people are designed to challenging, radically transformative, fast, precise, competitive jobs. Air types (small, light, thin, small in shape) are performers, teachers, pop musicians, multi-taskers, quick-learners, and communicators. Either types (tall, slender, thin, long limbs and fingers/toes) are thinkers, philosophers, scientists, guides, and meditators.
Hi doctor I am priyanka meena I am 24. Year old girl and I have irregular period time please suggest me Home remedies for regular period.
Galactorrhea is not a disease per se, but more of an underlying medical condition or a symptom that involves discharge of a milky fluid from the nipples, which is not the breast milk. It becomes especially crucial owing to the similarity of the two, when breastfeeding the baby is concerned. It may happen even while you are not lactating or not even pregnant, mostly in menopausal women. Strangely, the syndrome has also shown to have occurred to men and children, irrespective of gender.
What are the contributing factors to the development of Galactorrhea?
- Galactorrhea is a major side effect of certain kinds of medication that leads to hormonal imbalance and ultimately leads to quasi-lactation.
- Increase in the levels of prolactin can result in Galactorrhea which may be due to a number of reasons ranging from excessive stimulation in the nipples and chest area (during sexual activities), or pituitary and thyroid problems. The former is not a major cause of worry. The latter can be fixed with proper medication.
- Kidney disease and spinal cord surgery may also result in this phenomenon.
- Substance abuse and birth control pills may also be responsible for breast discharge.
- At times, the causes for Galactorrhea may not be certifiably determined.
Various symptoms of Galactorrhea include:
- Milky discharge from one or both breasts simultaneously.
- Discharge may be continuous or intermittent.
- Density and amount of discharge may also vary.
- In case of women, this may have a direct effect on periods, leading to irregular menstruation.
- The discharge may occur without pressure or when an external agency is involved.
- Headaches and worsening vision are also said to occur.
When you experience a nipular discharge, the most common tests you should undergo include a pregnancy test, prolactin level exam, mammography, ultrasounds, even an MRI for the pituitary gland evaluation. Based on the result, your physician prescribes the required medicines or advises you to stop taking a particular medicine that might be causing this discharge in the first place.
Helo doctor, My fiance got some problem with her masturbation, she more often never get a period on time normal than usual delays up to 10 days delays , is this problem will reduce the possibilities of to get pregnant? Whats the reason for it and what are the remedies are available to avoid this kinda period delays and stay healthier for herself.
My wife is pregnant for 2 month and she is facing problem back bone problem. Her medicine continue from well know Dr. Now problem is Dr. done MRI during pregnancy is this is harmful of her any Dr. Please help. My wife is in tension after some Dr. told its harmful.
Hello. I am getting itching and burning near the area of my vagina, what should I do? Please help me to know the reason of it.
Hello doctor my age is 29 pregnancy k baad se mere pet me kafi fats aa gae hai pet bahot nikla hua hai aur mera wait bhi bahot ho gaya hai kya kare please suggest.
Iam pregnant again after miscarriage lmp 7sep but scan show 5 week 6days 14mm gestational sac for little brown spotting continue even after taking progesterone injection what kind should take for good scan result bcoz next week also I have scan.
Drinking warm water early morning and at bed time is very necessary to keep your gut healthy and toxin free.