Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sasikala
Submit a review for Dr. SasikalaYour feedback matters!
It is a tumour of an extremely reread kind misdiagnosed as breast cancer
Phyllode tumours have both benign and aggressive or malignant counterparts which is determined by pathologist after examining the tissue that is removed. Malignant phyllodes are notorious for rapidly growing in size recurring after complete surgical removal and in extremely rare instances spreading to distant sites
Around one year back, the enlargement of prostate was detected during USG as 32 mm (is it significant enlargement at my age?) against 24 mm (normal size). I (male) am presently running 52 and feel a little difficulty at the initiation of urination. Whether any naturopathy is available to counter the growth of prostate.
Are you aware of cervical cancer, which develops in the cervix of a woman? The cervix is the entrance to the womb from the vagina, and unusual vaginal bleeding accounts for being the primary symptom of this condition. Although abnormal vaginal bleeding may indicate several other conditions, you should get diagnosed for cervical cancer.
The various symptoms of cervical cancer are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual bleeding from the vagina between periods, after having sex, and after menopause in women
- Pain in the pelvis or lower abdomen
- Pain while having sex
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Over several years, cells lining the cervix go through various changes. In some rare cases, these cells, which are precancerous, may turn out to be cancerous. These cell changes in the cervix can be detected early, and proper treatment is capable of reducing the development of cervical cancer.
- A screening for cervical cancer should be carried out for diagnosing this condition. Cervical screening, or smear test involves the study of sample cells taken from the cervix. The sample cells are observed under a microscope for detecting cervical cancer or other abnormalities. An abnormal cervical screening does not always indicate cervical cancer, as abnormal results can occur because of an infection or because of the presence of precancerous cells that are treatable.
- Screening should be undertaken by women of all ages. It is recommended for women between the ages of 25 to 49 to undergo this cervical cancer screening once in every three years. For women between the age of 50 to 64, screening should be carried out once in five years. For women above the age of 65, screening is recommended for the ones who did not have a screening since the age of 50 and for the ones who had abnormal test results in the past.
- Cervical cancer can be successfully treated by a surgical procedure, if it is diagnosed at an initial stage. In some cases, the womb can be left in place, while it may be removed in some other cases. The surgical procedure used for removing the womb is known as hysterectomy.
- Radiotherapy is an alternative surgical procedure that is undertaken by women with cervical cancer, at an early stage. In more serious cases, a combination of radiotherapy and chemotherapy is used for the treatment of cervical cancer. Although quite effective, some treatment procedures for cervical cancer are associated with side effects such as infertility and early menopause.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I suffer from enlarged prostate. For many years I am taking medication. But I don't think I am getting better. Any remedy without surgery. I am 77. Taking Dutas and Urimax. Frequent urination in the nights.
I'm 18 year old boy. I had a CT scan recently. For my nasal polyp removal operation. I heard that one CT scan can expose radiation as 200 chest x-ray. Is it true ? Will it increase the possibility for cancer?
My father in law is suffering from lung cancer and it's spread in brain. Doctors have done radiation therapy. Now they are about to do chemotherapy or targeted therapy. But I have heard that radiotherapy and chemotherapy leads to damaging of healthy cells too which leads to death. Please help me out.
I am 35 years old and have been diagnosed with a fibroadenoma in left breast along with mild focal fibroadenosis. I have constant pain in both breasts. I have been advised to leave the fibroadenoma as it is and given evening primrose oil capsules for the fibroadenosis. Looking for more helpful advice.
Cancer, the word itself is something that creates a dread. Thousands of people every year succumb to this particular disease and unfortunately, there has been no proper cure for it yet. Millions of researchers work day and night to find the perfect medication for cancer. Such a research led to the conclusion that inclusion of homeopathy can be an integrated approach to cure cancer. Homeopathy is an age-old therapy which works on the theory of treating like with like, which basically means a homeopath would use tiny doses of the substance which would cause the illness if given in large doses. Homeopathy is more of an organic way of treating diseases.
Though there is no proof that homeopathy can actually cure cancer but people using this very way of treatment say that they feel better or more in control of the situation. Homeopathy as a cancer treating mechanism is more of a natural way which makes patients feel relaxed. It helps them to cope with the stress, the anxiety, and the depression. It also helps in keeping a control over side effects and symptoms like tiredness, sickness, pain, etc. When it comes to cancer particularly, homeopaths target a malignant tumor itself and tries to reverse its growth. Usually, homeopathy is not the primary ground of treatment but it is used in combination with other approaches of treatment. Though homeopathy has an excellent track record of curing cancer in animals, however, for humans it is still not specifically used as a primary method of treatment.
Since cancer is a chronic disease, if untreated, will lead to death. Homeopathic treatment addresses the energy imbalance on a vital force that is why it is useful in treatment as well as prevention of cancer both. Homeopathy is really an integrated approach to treat cancer. That is why there are several researches going on around the world to find remedies. Scientists are looking into the effectiveness of homeopathy in various levels of treatment. It comes from the fact itself that if homeopathy can decrease or reduce cancer symptoms and side effects of treatment to whether it can increase or give a boost to the immune system.
Researchers are also looking up whether homeopathy can help children with cancer and other health conditions. Furthermore, homeopathic studies have been doing wonders for the past 200 years. It is one of the most ancient ways of medication and it is still well alive because of its effectivity. Moreover, it is a natural way of boosting the immune system and curing cancer might just turn out to be some homeopath researcher’s magnum opus as a paper. Therefore, homeopathy will never die being the natural process it is and the way it makes people believe in it and this belief is the biggest cure.
Homoeopathy also controls and relieves the side-effects caused by chemotherapy and radio therapy, thus by relieves the patients from suffering additional pain when as such they are suffering. From controlling the stage I to palliation in stage IV, homoeopathy works very well with the conventional therapy. Immunity is the biggest tool to either restrict the Cancer growth & spread, and Homoeoapthy is the system which targets the Immune system and strengthens it.
In short, it works as Immunotherapy for the Cancer patients. Homoeopathy have its own protocol to be followed for different stage of cancer and different type of Cancer, patient without giving second thought should consult an Homoeopathic Physician who works closely with the Cancer cases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!