Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sasi Kumar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sasi KumarYour feedback matters!
I have with my knees. I feel pain during running and using stairs. I have consulted many doctors and have done some exercise for quads but there is no relief. Is there damaged cartilage. Please sir give me some advice.
I am loosing my hair quickly and I have hard fever and cough and I have I back pain also I have vomiting also.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
Good evening I am working as an aircraft engineer. Before some months I felt some weakness and fasuclation in my lower limb. So I consulted a doctor and post MRI he told me that I am having Anterior Horn Cell Disorder. He told me there's no treatment for this. Can you please recommend me any doctor who can guide me in this?
Hi. I am having terrible pain on my foot sole. I have visited an ortho was asked to do x-ray but he said it's normal. He gave me pain killers but now it's 2 weeks and I have no relief. The pain is unbearable I am not able to walk or do any activities. Please if you can help.
Hi I am mohammed aijaz from hyderabad know suffering huge back pain & head ache so please how can I relief that pains.
Pain radiating from the lower back in lower limb up to the toe is known as sciatica. In this condition, a nerve called sciatic is effected and pain occurs in the same nerve- this is the reason, why it is known as sciatica. So to be precise- pain effecting the sciatic nerve is known as Sciatica.
Common symptoms of sciatica include:sciatica-treatment
- Pain in the back side of leg which will worsen once you sit or stretch the nerve by any movement
- Pain might be in form of tingling sensation, burning anywhere in the supply region of the sciatic nerve
- You might feel weakness in your leg
- A sensation of numbness or just difficulty in making any movement
- A cutting/tearing pain on rear side
- A pain which can make it difficult to walk or stand for moments
Causes of Sciatica:
Sciatic nerve originates from Lumbo-Sacral vertebrae. Nerves coming out of these vertebrae unite together and make a nerve- Sciatic. This nerve travels to the foot all the way so from lower back up to any place there might be some problem. Here are main causes of sciatica.
1. Slipped Disc:
When due to problems with the muscles of the spine, a disc bulges to a side and starts pressing the nerve root, involved with the sciatic nerve, this irritates the nerve and sensation of – pain/numbness/tingling starts occurring in the whole nerve. This kind of sciatic pain can only be relieved when the pressure on the nerve root is removed by proper adjustment of the disc.
2. Lumbar Spinal Stenosis:
This is the condition of hardening of the spinal canal- this is a condition which follows the lumbar spondyolitis ion general.
3. Degenerative Disc Disorder:
This is the condition where inter-vertebral disc starts degenerating due to some pathology and this starts effecting the nerve roots and pain starts travelling down to the leg.
4. Piriformis Syndrome:
This is a controversial cause of sciatica. When there is no definitive cause for the problem- all the discs are in their place, there is not a problem with the spine- this is considered that pain is due to the stiffness in the piriformis muscle. This might be a confusing diagnosis but certainly, in practice, we have seen many patients came with severe pain but there was nothing wrong with their spine or vertebral column.
The pull by baby-bump can stretch the nerve and can cause the sciatica problem to you, which will go away in most of the cases after pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.