Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sashikala HandeYour feedback matters!
Tips to stay healthy during the winter season
Are you ready for cold and flu season? if you want to avoid being sick and feeling like you have to go to the doctor to get antibiotics and other drugs, now is the time to be thinking about prevention!
To that end, here's some great tips to strengthen your body's immune system during the winter season.
Drink the optimal amount of water. With the winter season here, it's more important than ever to consume the right amount of water for your health.
Keep stress to a minimum. Studies have linked high stress levels to making a person more susceptible to catching colds and flu. Minimize your stress by working reasonable hours at your job. Aim for at least one night per week to spend with friends and family. If your stress is out of hand and you feel like you need some help, let me know.
Eat a healthy diet. Maintaining a good healthy diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables and minimal amounts of organic meats is another way to keep your body clean and in good working order. Try eating an extra piece of fruit or veggie every day too!
Exercise regularly. It is important to exercise regularly, even if only for 15 minutes a day! get out and take a short walk and enjoy the cooler weather.
Get the right amount of sleep every night. The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep per night. If you're not getting enough sleep, your body is extremely vulnerable to illness. Sleep is very much like fuel that recharges your batteries! you've got to do it to keep the machine running.
Wash your hands regularly. Keep the bacteria and viruses off your hands and out of your mouth and eyes. Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer close-by for those instances where you can't get to soap and water.
Don't smoke. Most of you already know this, but it bears repeating because smoking significantly weakens your immune system. If you want to quit and have tried everything else, let me know. I have some nutritional recommendations that can help you quit!
Eliminate all forms of sugar. This includes not only the obvious kinds (cake, cookies and sweets, in general), but bread, pasta, rice, yogurt and commercial, store-bought fruit juices. Although all of these things are made with different types of sugars, your body still converts them to sugar, which will compromise your immune system.
I am 24 year old women I got pregnant can I calculate my intercourse date please tell me the procedure.
My wife is 8th month pregnant. And tom is karvachoth fast. should she keep the fast or not. And what about mehandi. Can she apply mehandi on her hands?
Hello Doctor I am 26 years old. I have been married since three years and now we are getting ready for the family planing, so for that we had a pre-conceptional visit with the doctor. Now since 6 months we are trying to conceive but that ends in negative results. So on my concern the doctor advised me to do the follicular study and from that the results showed that the development of follicles want happening properly say: on 10th day I had 7*8 mm (Right ovary) and 4*6 (Left ovary) and on 12th day it was almost the same size and on 15th day the right ovary had 11*11 mm and left ovary had Nodf and my doctor told that I had PCOD pattern and I was not ovulating. But my periods are regular like either it has come after 26th day interval or before 33 so my period was quite regular and no other PCOD symptoms which was read on internet notes so I need to know if ovulation is not happening what are the steps that I need to know. I need the solution for this! 1) What if ovulation does not occur. Can anything be done on this? I heard about the tablets for inducing the ovulation process so will it really work? I am 71. 8 kg, 5'6" 26 years, Regular menstrual cycle, Thyroid values is 1.148 and S. Prolactin was 11.20 so I need advice and the solution too doctor! Please.
Female genital sores are painful eruptions that bear a red appearance which may cause severe itching and pain. These lumps and sores may be caused due to sexually transmitted diseases and other ailments like allergic reactions, dermatitis, and other irritants. These lesions are usually found in the vaginal area and may also be caused to a number of skin disorders which all affect this region. Let us find out how to treat this painful condition.
- Recognising the Sores and Lumps: Many of these cases go unreported because the patient may feel embarrassed or ashamed to come up with the problem. But one must recognise the symptoms and the appearance of such sores so that the doctor may take a look at the earliest signs of eruption, so as to avoid a flare up and increase in the severity of the condition. The symptoms include pain and itchiness in the area as well as burning and bleeding along with pain in the pelvic area and discomfort during sexual intercourse and urination.
- Causes: There are many reasons for these eruptions. Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs remain the top causes. Genital warts, genital herpes and chancroid which is a bacterial disease, can also cause this condition. Further, syphilis and molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection with pearl shaped nodules, which can also cause such eruptions and lumps in the genital area. Apart from STDs, other chronic conditions like inflammation of the vulva known as Vulvovaginitis, and contact dermatitis as well as atopic dermatitis, can cause this condition.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis will usually be done with a pelvic examination as well as urine culture to show the presence of bacteria. Also, other blood tests may be done to detect the presence of cysts. The patient's medical history will also be taken into account, for such cases.
- Treatment: The doctor will prescribe a host of medicines including antibiotics and anti-viral medicines along with corticosteroids and pain relievers to help in treating these sores. Also, anti-itching ointments and medicines will be prescribed to make the condition less painful. These sores may also have to be removed with a minor surgical procedure at the doctor's clinic, in case they are too bothersome or painful.
- Home Remedies: The best way to take care of these sores is by taking a sitz bath with warm water and wearing clothes that will not brush against the area, which can cause further abrasions and discomfort.
One can prevent this condition by practicing safe sex with one partner at a time. Using condoms is strongly recommended along with routine testing and check-ups. All sexual contact should be avoided until the condition is cured completely.
I am 22 years old girl I have vaginal pain on my right side, I had sex and the pain continues to be there since two days please tell me what to do.
Hello everyone. My age is 21 and I have PCOS and from the last 40-50 days I am undergoing its treatment. As prescribed I am taking Tablets B-LONG", APCOD Sachet 5g, THYRONORM 12.5 MCG, and diane 35" Last month I had normal periods. But this time it is very different. It started on 11.04. 2016 and then lasted for full 4 days (ended on 15.04. 2016). But after a couple of days it again started and is still continuing. The amount is very less like 1-2 drops only but it has lasted for more than 20 days. I am very tensed, please help me why this is happening and what should I do? Please give detailed answer.
Hi Dr. I am girl and my problem to you is I get angry often with really disturbs my married life. I try to make myself calm but can't do. As I got married on 05/01/2015 and not able to conceive single time as our both the medical reports are normal still face difficulty to get conceive and I get headaches cold, sneezing very often all these has stated ruining my life now I am really worried as I have just started my new journey of life. please help me for my problem and medication too. Thanks.
Hi am 15 weeks pregnant. My doctor as prescribed me to drink milk adding mother horlicks or baby & me powder, am unable to drink 2 times as I feel vomit sensation. So can I drink once milk in the mrng and evening tea or coffee. Is tea or coffee effective during pregnancy.
My gf had unwanted 72 and she confused that she would got pregnant. She eat that pill after 2 hours of intercourse. Please help me.
Between the period gap bahut jada ho rhaa hai. Mere period 30 Jan ko khatam hue fir 3 April ko start hue. Mera period gap pahle bhi 5 ya 10 din uppar jate the but recently bahut jada gap ho gya hai. Maine 1 years pahle hormonal test karvaye the jisme ki prolactin harmon bht Jada tha. Kya period control karne ka koi treatment hai kya?
I am 27 yr old unmarried female with t3 and t4 normal, tsh 4.2 after taking 25mcg thyronorm tablet, containing left ovarian cyst of 22×24 mm in size. I am taking ocp and metformin twice daily still bleeding very less 2 days with scanty flow lh value 6.11, Fsh 5.15 Prolactin 27.92 and hb 13.6 on 2nd day of period. Kindly help me reason of scanty period and what should be done.
Falguni is married n hvng sex daily with her husband Still she is no getting pregnant from last 3 months. Is she having any sex problem or any other issue.
Ma' am I got my period on 16-2-16. On 23-2-16 my fiance fingered me n put some sperm on my plenty. We didn't intercourse. But still for our satisfaction I took an i-pill on same tym. After some time it means on 2-3-16 I got mensuration n on 5-3-16 it stop too. Then on 16 -3-16 my period miss I took a pregnancy test on 21-3-16 n it was negative. N today it's 26-3-16. Still I dnt got my period. Whts d reason.. please help me ma'am.
सोते समय स्वप्न में यौन क्रीड़ा संबंधी दृश्य देखने पर जननेन्द्रिय में उत्तेजना आती है और शुक्राशय में एकत्रित हुआ शुक्र निकल जाता है, इसे स्वप्नदोष (नाइट फाल) होना कहते हैं, स्वप्नदोष होने का यह भी एक कारण होता है।
हमेशा दिमाग को अच्छे कामों और विचारों में उलझाए रखें।
कब्ज से बचने के लिए अपच से बचें। ये दोनों उपाय करते रहें तो बिना दवा सेवन किए भी स्वप्नदोष होना सदा के लिए बंद हो जाएगा, यह तो हुआ बगैर दवा का इलाज। इस प्रकार की व्याधि के लिए आयुर्वेदिक तरीके से इलाज का तरीका यहाँ दिया जा रहा है-
(1) पालक के पत्ते लगभग 250 ग्राम पानी से खूब धोकर सिल पर बिना पानी के पीस लें। एक मोटे साफ धुले हुए कपड़े को पानी में भिगोकर खूब अच्छी तरह निचोड़ लें, ताकि कपड़े में पानी न रहे। अब इसमें पिसी हुई पालक रखकर कपड़े को दबा-दबाकर पालक का रस एक कप में टपकाएँ। सुबह खाली पेट यह रस, दन्त मंजन करने के बाद पी लें और आधा घंटे तक कुछ खाएँ-पिएँ नहीं। यह प्रयोग रोजाना 6-7 दिन तक करने से स्वप्नदोष होना बंद हो जाता है। यह एक आयुर्वेदिक परीक्षित नुस्खा है।
(2) नीम गिलोय के अंगुलभर आकार के तीन टुकड़े और तीन काली मिर्च सिल पर रखकर कूट-पीसकर खूब बारीक कर लें। इसे सुबह खाली पेट पानी के साथ पिएं। जब स्वप्नदोष होना बिलकुल बंद हो जाए, तब इसका सेवन करना बंद कर दें।
(3) आँवले का चूर्ण और भिंडी की जड़ का चूर्ण समान मात्रा में लेकर मिला लें और खूब बारीक पीस लें। अब इनके बराबर वजन में पिसी हुई मिश्री मिला लें। यह चूर्ण 1-1 चम्मच सुबह खाली पेट और रात को सोने से पहले, खाना खाने के 1-2 घंटे बाद पानी के साथ 40 दिन तक लेने से स्वप्नदोष होना बिलकुल बंद हो जाता है।