Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja RsYour feedback matters!
Beleive me your body does not work like that.
Try thinking in reverse-:
Someone who eats chips most days, does not lose 2 kgs by eating healthy one day.
Someone who sits on the couch most days, does not lose 2 kgs from going to the gym one day.
Its about your lifestyle. Not about a single moment.
Hi. I got periods on 1st april and I went on unsafe sex on 29 april. Was it safe. And still now I have not got periods.
Hi Doctors, I am 8 week 6 day pregnant and on Monday brown discharge came like little and done scanning baby was OK and doctor gave me system tablet today that is Wednesday dark brown discharge coming help me please no pain and giddiness is there.
PCOD or Polycystic Ovary disease is one of the most common hormonal disorders faced by women today. The trigger for PCOD varies from person to person, and can range from poor diet and stress to fluctuating insulin and hormonal disturbances. PCOD patients have an enlarged ovary with a number of small follicular cysts. If you or a loved one has PCOD, here are a few things you should know.
Acknowledge the symptoms
PCOD is hard to diagnose. Some of its symptoms are irregular periods, high insulin levels, abnormal hair growth, low thyroid, acne, obesity and high blood pressure. Checkups at regular intervals are needed to confirm a PCOD.
A change in lifestyle is the best form of medication
Medication for PCOD addresses its symptoms. For example, you could take medication to correct Insulin resistance or pills to control acne and hair growth. However, a lifestyle change in the form of a well balanced diet and regular exercise is essential for PCOD patients. In terms of diet, PCOD sufferers should have lesser carbohydrates and sugars, and increased amounts of fiber and protein. Exercise helps control weight and the balance between male and female hormones. PCOD patients also need to find ways to lower their stress levels. Yoga and meditation can be very helpful to this effect. Without this, no medication will be effective.
If left untreated PCOD can lead to many other problems
Diagnosing PCOD is difficult and even when diagnosed, regular checkups are essential for PCOD. When left unchecked, PCOD can lead to many more problems such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and even endometrial cancer. PCOD can also result in difficulties at the time of conception and lead to miscarriages if not treated properly.
You can have a baby even if you have PCOD
A PCOD diagnosis can make it hard to get pregnant, but does not limit your ability to conceive a healthy baby. If the patient has fertility problems because of PCOD, doctors often prescribe treatments to stimulate the ovaries into producing more eggs. Women with PCOD are often recommended to plan an early pregnancy, as advancing age adds to the limited capacity of the ovaries.
Lastly, know that you aren't alone and PCOD should not embarrass you. Instead of bottling up your feelings and thoughts, find supportive friends and family members that you can talk to. You can also find support online through a number of discussion forums.
I am 32 now. 2 years of marriage. And 2 times abortion in 5th week. Consulted gyneac. Done with tests like karyotyping, genetic study, chromosomes study and scanning. Except scan all reports are normal. Scan shows a heamoharrgic cyst of 3 cm. Wbc count is high. Doc says its due to infection. Is surgery only solution for removing cyst n to proceed for conceiving. Please suggest.
Hii I man a married man and I have 4 years old son. My wife doesn't have interest in sex she says that she doesn't likes it and from the past 7 mths we didn't have. please suggest me some medicine for her because she isn't ready to come to the doctor.
Hello I am having 6 years old child and now want to plan fr next baby from last 4 months I am nt taking any precautions till now no guidance and also started tablets for conceiving I just want to know how much time it will take to get pregnant please reply.
I have been bleeding from 1 and half month. What does it mean? And also I have irregular period. Pls suggest me.
Mam/sir, is it possible that I am pregnant after having periods. I had unprotected sex on last month on 16. I got my regular period on 9th as usual. It took 7 days to stop. I am afraid because I am having headache and fainting thing with me. I am a migraine patient and low BP patient too. How to come over all these situation. It's a bit difficult to handle this situation. Don't want to get pregnant at this particular age.
I just wanted to know is it possible to have periods in pregnancy. Because my friend have periods now but she also checked two months before and she was pregnant. So please give explanation on this.
Hello Doctor, I am in 11th week of my pregnancy & since morning I am suffering from burning sensation in vagina & sensation is too much. So kindly advise any medicine which can help me to get rid of this. Doctor, can it be a symptom of UTI? If yes then can I take Alkarin Syrup & would that be safe for my baby's health. Kindly advise doctor ASAP. Thanks!
Almost 90% of smartphone users spend most of their time on their phones. Whatsapp, facebook, twitter, instagram, games. This addiction is not only heavy on our data packs and pockets, but are equally damaging to our neck and back. During neutral position of neck, there are about 10-12 pounds of force working on the cervical spine (neck). The force increases in proportion to the bending angle of our neck. Have a look at the attached picture.
The simplest solution to avoid this damage to our neck and hence development of cervical spondylosis is to hold the phone at eye level!
Vascular lesions: Cutaneous vascular lesions are the most common birthmarks found in children. The vascular malformations have a tendency to persist but hemangiomas may involute gradually. They are the result of a huge network of vessels that are formed underneath the skin and can lead to complications like pain, bleeding, cosmetic disfigurement, infection, etc. It is necessary to seek treatment for both medical and cosmetic reasons.
Low flow Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery and it is effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons. High flow vascular malformations need therapeutic embolisation followed by surgical excision. Hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion. Use of laser surgery successfully can help in eliminating certain targets (chromophores) within your skin by putting into use the beam of requisite wavelength, energy setting and pulse duration.
Initially, these caused serious side-effects like scarring of the skin or permanent dyspigmentation but after the development of photothermolysis technique, the side-effects were less seen. Things to keep in mind before lesion treatment The main forms of treatment include laser therapy. Surgery is less used at present as it poses the risk of hemorrhage. The patient should be aware of a few things before going through the treatment procedures.
1. Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery for cosmetic reasons. Hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion.
2. Laser therapy can treat vascular lesions such as telangiectasias or spider veins, port wine stain, birthmarks and strawberry hemangiomas. The laser is safer and more effective because it proves to be useful in treating the blood vessels of a lesion without affecting the surrounding tissues.
2. The patient may experience temporary discoloration of the skin surrounding the treatment site. This blue-green discoloration is known as purpura and it usually fades within a week.
3. A topical antibiotic in the form of an ointment or cream may be required by some patients after the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
- Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
- Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
- Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
- Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
- Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
- May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
- Hormonal problems:This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
- Dietary causes: This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
- Underlying illnesses:Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
- Mental health and Stress issues:People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
- Mental health counseling
- Medications for bowel spasms
- Medications for diarrhea or constipation
- Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions
Hi sir my wife is pregnant and we already have 11 years baby so we are not planning fro another one please me help out from this ?
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, life style related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth.