Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja Bai GhorpadeYour feedback matters!
My age is 23 and my stamina is vey low and there is lacking of blood . What should I eat and any tonic which is beneficial for me. Due to lacking of blood my face looks dark and looking unhealthy.
I had a sex with my girlfriend on 6th of this month and estimated 1st day of her periods was 8th of this month but today is 13th and she has still not got her periods. The pregnancy test kit results were negative. Please suggest that what to do further.
My wife's period cycle starts from 21st of the month. Last month she had period on 21st Oct, 2016.we are on tour now and she wants to delay the period cycle by 3-4 days as we will return to home on 25th Nov, 2016.so we purchased regestrone 5 mg tablet for this. But as we have tried for baby this month, so not sure whether she will conceive, but if she conceive then does the medicine regestrone 5 mg impact her pregnancy? So if it impacts and we need to avoid the medicine, how will we delay period cycle by 4-5 days. Please advise as we are really worried for the same.
With all the parties, late nights and heavy food, the festive season is notorious for weight gain. Along with a decorated tree, Christmas is synonymous with Christmas cake that tastes wonderful, but does nothing for your health and waistline. Store bought Christmas cakes are loaded with sugar and hence if possible, it is always better to bake your Christmas cake at home. As with any other type of food, home cooked food is always healthier than store or restaurant food. This is because you get to control the ingredients of your cake.
So here are a few tips on making a healthy Christmas cake:
- No added sugar: Unlike other cakes, Christmas cake does not really need additional sugar as the fruit inside it adds natural sweetness. Do not sprinkle the fruit in, but maintain a high ratio of fruit to flour. You can include all types of dried fruits, berries, apricots, dates, prunes, pineapples etc. in your cake. Traditionally, these fruits are used in their candied form, but for a healthier version of this cake, try using them in their natural or dehydrated form.
- Almond meal: If you buy a cake, it is likely to be made with refined flour. Refined flour has negligible nutritional value, but is very high on calories. Hence, when you’re baking a cake, consider replacing this flour with almond meal. Almond meal is lower in calories, gluten free and adds moisture to the cake. It is also rich in vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
- Fresh fruit juice: Along with the pieces of fresh and dried fruit, the juice is also an essential element of Christmas cakes. Avoid opening a can here and instead use freshly squeezed juice as far as possible. Fresh fruit juice has no added sugars and is loaded with vitamins as compared to canned juice. It is also free from preservatives. You can also include the pulp that is extracted while juicing fruits like oranges into your cake.
- Coconut oil: A little oil is a must in cakes to make them moist and spongy. Replace your refined oil with coconut oil when baking a Christmas cake to make it healthier and more wholesome. Coconut oil has a high level of good cholesterol and when used wisely can also reduce the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Sides: Christmas cake is usually served with custard or ice cream; both of which are loaded with sugar and are unhealthy. Consider replacing these sides with natural yoghurt that has been sweetened with a drizzle of honey. Alternatively, you could also try some flavoured greek yoghurt and almond flakes. This will make your dessert light on the stomach and easier to digest.
I am 7 months pregnant and a pure vegetarian. My doctor said that my baby's growth is just ok. However it can slow down in next few weeks. I need to increase my diet. Especially protein and iron rich. please tell me what all can I have. If you can help me with a diet chart.
My period date is 10th march but today 14th march. I have safe sex to my bf in 3rd march. Have a chance to pregnancy? If I am pregnant so which medicine take this time?
My wife is 38 weeks pregnant now. She had cervical stitch. Whether she will get labor pain or not? Or the cervical stitch will not allow for the pain?
My menstruation cycle is normal, but using tampons (I use Whisper) on my last days of the cycle gives me problems. The sides of my vagina starts itching. I try to not scratch the area, but the itch still lasts for a day or two. What should I do to recover from that?
Hi my sister is having cyst in uterus. She operated bt it comes again. It's size is increasing very fastly. He wants to conceive but she got an abortion.
Meri wife k haath or pair me sansnaht hoti h or sun ho jate h. Pain b hota h. Fingurs me pain hota. Or apne aap normal ho jaate h. Ye achnk hi hota h. Ye last 1-1. 5 month se ho rha h. Hmari saadi ko 3. 5yrs. Ho gye. Baby concive nhi hua. Report normal h. Haat pair ki problm abhi suru hui h. Kaam me nhi lgta. Thoda wait b bdha h. Sir please help me.
How are we to know increase we are pregnant for 2 weeks? What are the signs that our body will show?
I am 18 years old I have sex with my girl friend without condoms will my girl friend will became pregnant.
I am 27 years old, my lmp was 8 aug 2016 had an abortion through contrakit on 19 oct 2016 as there was no heart beat, only 2 sac was available of 10 mm and 14 mm. Want to plan a pregnancy again. What precautions should I take so it doesn't happen to me again. please help.
Hi i m 18 yrs old and I have pcos. I m having my first day of my periods after a gap of 4 months but now even on first day my bleeding rate is very low and it is dark brown in colour and i m gaining weight also please help me.
I had relation with my husband in mid cycle period. My last period first day was 24 august and I had sexual intercourse within 5 sept to 9 sept. But now I m experiencing little pain in lower stomach area. What can be the problem please help,
I am suffering from itching of vagina I applied some antibacterial cream but no relief tell me what I do.
I am 26 years old I have given birth to a girl child 5 years back. Last month 13th of april I got the date. But this month I didnot get yet. I have tested with the help of pregnancy kit but the result was negative. I was disappointed I was eagerly waiting for pregnancy. Pls help me out.
Most of the time, vaginal discharge is perfectly normal. The amount can vary, as can odor and hue (its color can range from clear to a milky white-ish), depending on the time in your menstrual cycle. For example, there will be more discharge if you are ovulating, breastfeeding, or are sexually aroused. The smell may be different if you are pregnant or you haven't been diligent about your personal hygiene.
None of those changes is cause for alarm.
Any sudden change to your discharge may indicate a vaginal infection. You should be aware of how your discharge naturally varies throughout your cycle and what isn't normal, but obvious warning signs of infection are:
• a change in colour or consistency
• a sudden bad smell
• an unusually large amount of discharge
• another symptom alongside the discharge, such as itching outside your vagina or pain in your pelvis or tummy
• unexpected bleeding from the vagina
What causes abnormal discharge?
Any change in the vagina's balance of normal bacteria can affect the smell, color, or discharge texture. These are a few of the things that can upset that balance:
• Bacterial vaginosis, a bacterial infection more common in pregnant women or women who have multiple sexual partners
• Chlamydia or gonorrhea (STDs), sexually transmitted infections
• Pelvic infection after surgery
• Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
• Trichomoniasis, a parasitic infection typically contracted and caused by having unprotected sex
• Vaginitis, irritation in or around the vagina
• Yeast infections
• Antibiotic or steroid use
• Birth control pills
• Douches, scented soaps or lotions, bubble bath
• Vaginal atrophy, the thinning and drying out of the vaginal walls during menopause
• Cervical cancer
How you are treated will depend on what’s causing the problem
Here are some tips for preventing vaginal infections that can lead to abnormal discharge:
• Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with a gentle, mild soap and warm water. One can use vaginal wash available in market.
• Never use scented soaps and feminine products or douche. Also avoid feminine sprays and bubble baths.
• Wear cotton underpants, and avoid overly tight clothing.
• After going to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.
• Avoid vaginal douching unless recommended by doctor.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#drjyotsnagupta #gynecologist #healthtips #womenshealth