Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja Bai GhorpadeYour feedback matters!
If a girl is suffering from periods then in which period we do sex that our partner is not pregnant?
Recently I had unprotected oral with a man. He tried to penetrate me unprotected and it went in about half an inch and probably not past the sphincter for about 1 second before I left as I felt disgusted. I soon got a cough and blocked nose which have been almost gone due to medication. Yesterday I found a swollen lymph gland on the right of my neck and left armpit. Today I feel slightly giddy but not much. Is hiv testing warranted or could the glands swelling be due to the cough.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 7th month pregnant . Dr. Said me I am suffering from sugar I want to know will my baby will also get sugar because of me.
My wife is having some physical problem. Firstly she is having thyroid problem his thyroid is 9.21 from last 2 months. Weight is around 79. She is get fat day by day. Secondly her periods (monthly cycle) is irregular from last 5 years due to this she is have black neck underarms so kindly help me to solve this problem please.
If I Had Ejaculated Once outside her vagina And I Put My Private Part In My Gf's Vagina Again Without Protection. Will that lead to pregnancy as later I again Ejaculated outside her vagina.
I had unprotected sex on 29th sep, can I check my pregnancy via prega news kit after 22 days I.e. Tomorrow? Will it give clear result even after 22 days of sex?
I am not getting menstruation regularly. It's been 3 years I am facing this problem. I got menstruation in 10 months.
Like many systems within the human body, the reproductive system is also a self maintaining one and performs many complex functions on its own. The female reproductive system is one such system and within it, the vagina is an especially good example. It is a self contained system wherein, the balance of the vaginal bacteria is maintained for proper health.
Douching is a process that involves the cleaning out or washing of an internal cavity of a body, such as the anus or the vagina with the help of water and special nozzles. Vaginal douching has become prevalent among women, mostly due to aggressive marketing campaigns which claim that it helps to keep the vagina clean. It is estimated that in developed nations, one in four women perform douching regularly.
Is it any good?
Vaginal douching has been reviled by most medical professionals around the world. The consensus is that not only does vaginal douching have no benefits; it may also be harmful for your vagina in general. The vagina is an ecosystem wherein multiple types of organisms thrive, including bacteria and fungi. These organisms keep each other in check and maintain the health of the organ. These organisms help maintain the pH Levels (the alkaline to acidic radio) within the vagina. Douching may actually disrupt the balance and cause harm by destroying one type of micro-organisms and letting the other proliferate, thus causing infections and other problems.
Problems caused by vaginal douching
Douches, especially the ones found in the market, contain elements such as iodine, baking soda, vinegar and other chemicals that can make the delicate vaginal balance go haywire. Some of the disorders that can be caused by it are mentioned as follows:
- Yeast infections: This is due to the proliferation of the fungi known as ‘candida’ within the vagina. This fungus is present within the vagina, but douching can reduce the bacteria that counteract it, resulting in rapid growth. This is one of the most common infections of the vagina.
- Bacterial vaginosis: Similar to how yeast infections occur, in this case, harmful bacteria proliferate within the vagina. This is also a common vaginal infection and douching has been deemed as one of the leading causes for it.
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases: Douching pushes the bacteria of the vaginal canal into the cervix and the uterus, resulting in infections such as PID or pelvic inflammatory diseases (an infection in the reproductive organ in females).
- Pregnancy related problems: A myth has been floating around that if a woman performs douching after sexual intercourse, it will wash away the sperm and hence prevent her from getting pregnant. In fact, the reverse is true. Douching can often push the sperm up into the uterus causing pregnancy. Not only that, pregnancies caused in such a manner have higher chances of bearing complications such as ectopic pregnancies (a condition wherein the fertilized egg gets implanted outside one’s uterus), birth defects, etc.
- Irritation and vaginal dryness: Douching at the very least will result in the vagina turning dry as the natural mechanisms are disrupted. This results in irritation and itching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 48 yrs fat lady, no period last 1 year with sevista. 1 yr back d & c done HPR -Hyperplasia simple. USG showed bulky uterus. Now a days back USG shows Endimetrial thickness 21 mm wirh subserosa fibroid of size 66x 50 mm. On treatment for hypothyroidism which is not controlled. Suggest line of treatment.
Hi, I am 25 years old female and I am looking for F to M surgery in India. Can you suggest me pros and cons of this? What would be the cost? Best hospital in India?
I want to reduce my weight. I have taken treatment for pcod and taking tablet for thyriod. Also I have irregular period.
I am 17dpo but no period. Had got some brown discharge on 15 dpo nd few drops of brown blood on 16 dpo but no period. Is this sign of pregnancy.
I have regular bleeding from many days and doctor says take menoreg syrup n gynar cvp does it helps?
Sir/madam, my wife is 28 years old. My marital life is of 04 years old and I was not blessed with kids while all the test of myself and my wife were" nad' but my wife got pregnant by 08 weeks when we observe that she was having continuous fever. So I got this confirmation through'prega news' then I immediately consulted to doctor at gujarat (my posting place: serving in air force). Dr. Told me that baby is of 06 weeks 02 days. I became happy because after a long time I got this good news. She prescribed me a lot of precautions with follicle acid and iron medicines and told me to visit after 15 days of medicine course. When I went there Dr. Declared that baby had been expired due to pulse stop which was cleared through sonography followed by ultrasound. She advised me for dnc treatment. I did it well. Now she is cure but I have a lot of doubt regarding this season. 1. Is it safe to do sonography during 2-3 months of pregnancy? 2. If Dr. Knows the past medical history that she was miscarriage one time earlier, should she not use any kind of injection for hold of pregnancy? 3. Dr. Was telling the baby growth is continue but pulse dead. Is it possible? 4. If I was taking a highly care of awareness how it is possible, as she is telling it happened due to air infection. Is it some kind of joke? 5. Sir/mam, I lost my property now, so as of my best hope I am requesting you to give me a lot of well advise so that for the next pregnancy I may aware of best care. So for the next carrying what precaution and procedure we should follow. Your expedite instruction will be helpful for me. With hope.
Hello Dr. it's my last month of pregnancy and my due date is 3september, Dr. says fetus is up now. I don't want cesarean please tell me to get normal delivery it's my 1st pregnancy n m very scared. Can I do cycling exercises at home.
Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body from processing sugar or glucose. The disorder causes insufficient production of the hormone Insulin (responsible for regulating sugar into the different parts of your body); or the body's failure to respond to the hormone produced. Although no cure is available for T2DM, there are several ways in which you can help prevent Type 2 diabetes in your child. These are:
1. Get your child to indulge in some physical activity - Spending about 60 minutes of the day on physical activity can help your child to ward off Type 2 diabetes. In terms of screen time, it shouldn't be over 2 hours a day. By doing so, he or she ends up building his or her muscles as well as gets rid of extra fat from the body. An active life would also help your child to maintain an optimal body weight with obesity being a cause of this form of diabetes. Whether it's a sport like swimming, cricket or basketball, or even walking and dancing, physical activity in any form can help in preventing your child from developing Type 2 diabetes.
2. Plan a well-balanced diet for your child - Encouraging your child to have healthy foods and making right food choices can also lower his or her chances of getting this metabolic disorder. Foods high in fiber like whole grain cereals and bread, lentils, fruits, and vegetables should be consumed. Similarly, foods low in trans and saturated fats like lean meat, chicken, yogurt and cheese should be included in your child's diet. Processed foods, as well as sugary drinks, should be no-no when it comes to your child's diet.
3. Adopting proper eating habits - It is not only making the right food choices that are important but eating right as well is vital for preventing the onset of diabetes. Having meals with fix portion sizes is a habit that you need to develop in your child. Ideally, half the plate should be filled with vegetables and fruits; a quarter with lean protein like chicken; and the remaining with whole grain. To accompany the meal, make your child have one cup of no-fat or low-fat milk. Desserts like ice cream and cookies should be allowed only once or twice a week.