Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja Bai GhorpadeYour feedback matters!
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
Thus if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consider visiting a general physician who might refer you to a specialist, if need be.
But... its not so..as it is easier to take out the calories than to try and burn them off..
To drop 1 kg of body fat= Burn/ reduce 7500 calories.
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BETTER OPTION ?
BURNING 200 CALORIES/ DAY THROUGH EXERCISE
CUTTING 500 CALORIES/ DAY FROM DIET
Burning 200 calories/ day than through exercise=1 TO 1 1/2 hrs at the gym on the treadmill/ on the rowing machine
Cutting 500 calories a day from their diet=
Just cutting off a couple of sodas, or burger and pizza with cream cheese...
70% CONTRIBUTION OF WEIGHT LOSS COMES FROM DIET AND JUST 30% FROM EXERCISE...
So choose your foods wisely...
TIPS TO STAY HEALTHY..
1) Eat more of foods that are rich in fiber
2) Avoid oily, fried and spicy food.
3) Make sure to have sufficient amount of water throughout the day...Ideally 8-10 glasses.
4) Aim to achieve and then maintain your ideal body weight.
5) Ensure to follow a regular exercise routine
6) Dinner should be had atleast two hours before bed time for effective digestion.
7) Avoid overcooking, reheating, or deep freezing food.
8) Avoid the use of soda bicarbonate, preservatives, and colors while cooking vegetables and pulses.
9) Prefer the consumption of whole fruits over juices.
10) Use wheat flour without sieving.
11) Never skip a meal, instead have smaller and frequent meals.
12) Always start your day with breakfast. This will keep you energized throughout the day.
13) Avoid refined products and processed foods..
Remember you EAT to LIVE and so DO NOT.. Live to Eat...
Stay healthy .. Stay happy.. ☺
I am 44 years old female. I am fully healthy. But have family history of b. P, diabetes thyroid etcc. Kindly suggest me how shall I protect myself from not being diseased in future. I do not do any exercise but I am very conscious of what I eat . Whatever option of exercise I take, I feel too tired and can't pursue the household chores. Other wise I am active the whole day. So kindly suggest me the steps to be healthy in future.
I have 8.5 month pregnancy then my doctors am said to me please go for ultrasound but I already done 3 ultrasound so I need once more ultrasound or not please tell me.
I had sex with my girl friend. But I didn't insert my penis in to her vagina. I used my penis below d vagina nd between d to lap joint. After doing tht I found my semen in her vagina outer layer. I searched in Internet is show their is 95 percentage of change to get pregnant. Is tht true?
Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st july morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. Hpt with first morning urine on 13 weeks was also negative. My period was due on 11th october it has not occur yet. Is their any risk of pregnancy even though no intercourse after july n got 6 day bleeding twice. Do I need to take deviry again for withdrawal bleeding or will I wait? Moreover m having dark patches over the skin and sometime shortness of breath. N having egg white cervical mucus throughout the cycle. M I 100% safe from pregnancy?
I am 40 years female suffering from semi solid dark green stools with white discharge/ mucous after lightly tasting street pakoras. I've gassy intestine. I was advised RifaGut 1-0-1, Prividac 1-0-1 AF & Pantodac 1-0-0 BF for similar symptoms a month &a half ago. Now I've started on these medications since I'm experiencing same type of dehydration! I'm afraid if I'll become immune to RifaGut due to frequent use. Kindly advise what to do if I suffer from such bouts? B'cos no other medicine apart from anti biotics work for me in such frequent discomforts!
I am a female and I had some sort of spotting from 11 nov I had my previous period on 14th but I am just getting spots from last 7 days n my menstrual fluid is just that spotting .I am not having any flow .I just did skipping like I used to do on 11th nov so I thut maybe it was because of that but its not the case as from 7 days there is no flow? What can be reason for it? I just started taking lipton green tea a month ago .any possible reasons n I am at home from 4 months not so much physical activity or anything .I have become a phone freak :/ is it because of my lifestyle .Do I need to consult a doctor now or wll wait for my next cycle next month .Please suggest something because I am very much worried as the spot are there even today after 7 days .What shud I do?
My daughter is 2.11 years old she is active. But is not listening properly. There is mood fluctuate in her behavior. It is too tough to handle her. She wants everything do only by her. Like swiitch on ac, fan. Or she forces my mother to wear sarre everyday or when is in anger. She does not want anybody come at home. She refuses even touch her things, toys by anybody. Accept me or my mother. She always crying when is in sleep or before sleep it is third to take her outside almost she wakes up midnight or early morning and crying until she come back in good mood so please help me to come out from these situation.
I got married last year, confirmed pregnancy so in starting I faced bleeding problem my doctor gave me medicine to stop, so it's stopped, so in 5th month I have taken teffa scan, so I come to know that my baby's brain was not develop, so we have termate the baby, so please suggest me why this problem I faced I have taken full precaution, its due to not taken the food or what I'm not understanding, please suggest me when should I plan for baby, will this problem I'll face for 2nd baby or not what is the precaution.
Hi. My follicle growth is 14 mm n 11 mm on 18 th day. After the usage of siphene n injections. Doctor has given me hmg on this size. Will it help in pregnancy.
But am not married and am not pregnant so I just wanted to know why they have written about pregnancy normal range in my report.
Hi, i am 12 weeks 6 days pregnant.. everything came fine in usg today. but from 2-3 days i am feeling fever..today i measured my fever and it was 100 . my gynae prescribed me Topsef 200 mg two times a day for 5 days..is topsef 200 mg safe during pregnancy? please help...
I had a cuddling session with my girl friend We never had sex We both were nude but to ensure safety I used a condom while doing so I put my finger into her vagina but her hymen is not broken Are there any chances of her getting pregnant?
Sir muje 9 aug ko period hua tha or 13aug ko khtam hua tha mere bf ne 14 and 15aug ko sex kiya tb maine i-pill le the but muje abi tak period ni hua 9sept ko hona tha, esk bad maine 18sept ko pregnancy test kiya jo nigative tha and 19 r 20 ko fir sex kiya r i-pill le r mujhko ab white-discharge hua. Plese esko m kya samjhu r yehi white-discharge 17 r 18 aug ko bhi hua tha please mjhko clear kro, r kya abi sex krna thek hai ya nhi ku ki hm log living relation m rehte h to problm ho jati hai.
* दांतों का गलना – छुहारे खाकर गर्म दूध पीने से कैलशियम की कमी से होने वाले रोग, जैसे दांतों की कमजोरी, हड्डियों का गलना इत्यादि रूक जाते हैं।
* रक्तचाप – कम रक्तचाप वाले रोगी 3-4 खजूर गर्म पानी में धोकर गुठली निकाल दें। इन्हें गाय के गर्म दूध के साथ उबाल लें। उबले हुए दूध को सुबह-शाम पीएं। कुछ ही दिनों में कम रक्तचाप से छुटकारा मिल जायेगी।
* कब्ज – सुबह-शाम तीन छुहारे खाकर बाद में गर्म पानी पीने से कब्ज दूर होती है। खजूर का अचार भोजन के साथ खाया जाए तो अजीर्ण रोग नहीं होता तथा मुंह का स्वाद भी ठीक रहता है। खजूर का अचार बनाने की विधि थोड़ी कठिन है, इसलिए बना-बनाया अचार ही ले लेना चाहिए।
* पुराने घाव – पुराने घावों के लिए खजूर की गुठली को जलाकर भस्म बना लें। घावों पर इस भस्म को लगाने से घाव भर जाते हैं।
* मासिक धर्म : छुहारे खाने से मासिक धर्म खुलकर आता है और कमर दर्द में भी लाभ होता है।
* खजूर गर्भवती महिलाओं में दूध की मात्रा में वृद्धि करता है और अधिक ऊर्जा प्रदान करता है।
* आंख की पलक पर गुहेरी रोग हो जाता है। खजूर की गुठली को रगड़कर गुहेरी पर लगाए। आराम मिलेगा।
* मोटापा - खजूर का सेवन मोटापा लाता है तथा शरीर का भार बढ़ता है, अतः मोटे व्यक्ति सोचकर खाए। दुबले व्यक्ति भार बढ़ाने के लिए खा सकते हैं।
* जिनकी पाचन शक्ति अच्छी हो वे खजूर खाएं, क्योंकि यह पचाने में समय लेती है। छुहारे, पुरा वर्ष उपलब्ध रहते है। खजूर केवल सर्दी में तीन महीने। जब जो उपलब्ध हो, उसका सेवन करें।
Dear Dr. I want to ask you that I do sex with a lady with cloths means do not insert penis inside her vagina and she also satisfied with this activity I want to ask you that is it safe even there is no risk to my penis while wearing cloths is it ok for the strength of my penis.
Migraine vs. Headache: know the difference
How to differentiate between a migraine and headache?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack.
Related Tip: 8 Common Migraine Triggers You Must Stay Away From
1. The nuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
2. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids. Intake of walnuts in the diet helps to lower total as well as ldl or bad cholesterol and increases hdl or good cholesterol levels in the blood.
3. N-3 fatty acids by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers.
4. These nuts are packed with many important b-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamin b-6, and folates.
5. They are an excellent source of vitamin e. Vitamin e is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.