Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saroja Bai Ghorpade
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja Bai GhorpadeYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old female. I am having menstruation cycle disbalance problem. As my all reports are normal. What should I do?
What is motion sickness?
Motion sickness (travel sickness, car sickness) is a general sense of not feeling well, nausea, vomiting, headache, and sweating that is caused by repeated motion. It develops when the inner ear, the eyes, and other areas of the body that detect motion send conflicting messages to the brain. Any type of transportation can cause motion sickness.
Children are more susceptible to motion sickness than adults. About half of children between the ages of 4 and 10 experience dizziness and nausea when travelling by car, airplane or boat. Girls tend to be more susceptible than boys.
What are the symptoms of motion sickness?
The most common signs and symptoms of motion sickness include:
- Increased salivation
- Pale skin
Homeopathy for Motion Sickness-
In most cases treatment with homoeopathic drugs is, therefore, necessary and in some cases it is the only method of treatment as conventional treatment cannot offer a cure always. Merely treating Motion sickness on symptomatology basis has failed to give permanent relief. So a holistic approach considering the individualistic treatment to provide an improved understanding of the patient’s situation and to make it easier and possible to avoid recurrences in the future has to be kept in mind in treating such diseases.
In this context, the homoeopaths have some valid conclusions, regarding the holistic and individualistic approach to motion sickness. Homoeopathy takes the set of most distinct, individual symptoms into account, which are truly characteristic of the patient forming the basis of prescription which eventually leads to cure. It is hoped that useful information will be gained both on the entity of motion sickness, as well as the homoeopathic approach to its management.
Travel sickness is enough to ruin a perfect get away, but thankfully homeopathic remedies prove to be very effective and are perfect to carry when travelling. Some of the common homeopathic remedies which can be used as companions when travelling are:
- Aconite: This is used when one faces excessive restlessness and fear along with high heat and an urge to cool down with cold drinks.
- Borax: Taken when symptoms arise due to a downward movement like during turbulence or sudden dipping of the plane. This sudden movement causes anxiety, fidgeting, distress and confusion. Also, helpful in people who are scared of the dip of the plane during landing.
- Cocculus: This can be taken when a person experiences symptoms of nausea, salivation, dizziness and wants to lie down in order to prevent vomiting. If the sight and smell of food makes a person unwell they can also take this medicine.
- Nux Vomica: This is used when a person feels nausea, syncope and a feeling of faintness along with being sensitive to even slight movements. In this the person is usually irritable. Other symptoms which are seen in this are constipation or indigestion and a splitting or severe headache.
- Petroleum: Used when person experiences nausea, headache, dizziness, cold sweat, vomiting, extreme hunger or eating disorder along with a feeling of being confused and angry. Usually this condition is worsened by nausea.
- Tabacum: This is indicated when people experience extreme motion sickness, to the extent of being pale and a saliva filled mouth. These people might suffer from the severest form of palpitations and nausea. Closing the eyes and breathing fresh and cold air helps to relieve the symptoms.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in motion sickness. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The Benefits of Papaya
1. Digestion - the enzyme papain present in papaya is known to aid digestion by breaking down proteins. Therefore, a glass of papaya juice is often recommended as a home remedy for digestion-related problems or constipation.
2. Anti-inflammatory - apart from papain, papaya also contains other effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of burns.
3. Heart disease and cancer - papaya is rich in anti-oxidants and phytonutrients that work against free radicals and therefore is said to protect the body from possible heart diseases and cancer.
4. Diabetes - many researchers have found that the consumption of raw papaya could help maintain blood sugar level and cholesterol because of the high fiber content, thereby keeping a check on diabetes. According to a study done by the centre of excellence for biomedical and biomaterials research at the mauritius university, green tea and fermented papaya work together as preventive means for diabetes. In some parts of india, especially the north east, papaya flowers are locally used as a preventive measure against diabetes. The bitter flowers are lightly sautéed in a little oil and consumed as a side to rice on a regular basis.
5. Immunity - papaya is a great source of vitamin a, b, c, and k and is known as an excellent immunity booster. It is great for the growth of body tissues, including hair and skin. It helps in maintaining collagen, the structural protein of connective tissues. It is said that a medium-sized papaya could provide you double your daily requirement of vitamins.
6. Cleansing - beauty experts too, often suggest using slices of papaya as a natural skin cleanser as the active enzymes work wonders to remove impurities.
7. Arthritis - it is also rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and copper. Regular consumption helps in building up the calcium bank in the body and in the long run could help keep a check on arthritis.
8. Dengue - papaya leaves are commonly used in the treatment of dengue to help boost up the count of platelets. Dr. Anju sood, a bangaluru-based nutritionist says, “dengue is an infection which affects the blood platelets massively. A simple remedy to get back the platelets count is to give the patient a glass of papaya leaf juice. It is prepared by grinding the leaves with a small amount of water to extract the juice.” however, dengue can prove to be fatal once it develops into dengue hemorrhagic fever which shuts down the circulatory system.
9. Weight loss - papaya is low in calories and therefore proves to be the perfect option for breakfast. A serving of 140 grams of the fruit contains only 60 calories, with total fat 0.4 gram, no cholesterol, 15.7 gram carbohydrates and 2.5 gram dietary fiber.potassium magnesium
Respected sir Is tri dot test validate & reliable after sufficient window period of 12 month after exposure is it possible that this test can came positive without exposure after 24 month or later. Condom use karke sex karne se kya hiv ni hota hai but jab hum after sex condom remove karne hai tab vaginal fluid jo ki condom ke outside laga hota hai remove karne time hand par lag jata hai later hand wash with cystic soap karne par koi risk to nahee rahta hai.
My wife was treated for Breast Cancer 5 years back. She is fine except she has lymhodema in left arm. Is their any treatment for this problem? I have told by AIIMS that she has do certain regular exercise and in-addition she is using Compression sleeves and Machine also. Any further suggestion to keep under control?
Hello, respected doctor, There is a problem with my cousin. She is suffering of continuous periods since she was 12 years old. Now her age is 19 years. She is going through periods DAILY with clotted balls of blood. I requested you to look into this matter & solve my problem as soon as possible. Thank you.
I am 24 years and I m married but I am having irregularity in my periods for about 2 months gap before marriage also. So how I could get pregnant ?
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.