Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarkar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SarkarYour feedback matters!
Is prostate enlargement possible in 23 year age? I am facing problem in toilet and urinate so many times.
Good morning sir. I'm 18 years old. I'm hating dark circles. How to cure it. My skin is tanned. Want to become fair. Suggest creams.
I have dark circles. How do I get rid of those? Please suggest me some meds. I work at night nd sleep at day. I know thats one of the causes of dark circles. .but I need to get rid of those quickly. .Please help.
Does massaging your eyes reduce dark circles Is there any way to reduce dark circles I sit next to my laptop for more than 10 hrs everyday is due to that? Is there any facial excise for eyes?
Hi iam 30 years old iam suffering lips problem lips are dry and cracked so could you please what is the problem.
I have pimples on my face from long time due to itching it became spots now. how should I remove it?
I want to raise a scientific query that why people get attracted to fair skin tone and clean and clear skin. Why facial symmetry is important in attraction Why breast size and waist to hip ratio plays a important role in attraction I am 33 years old and I can't get married because god didn't gifted me with these features. I even don't have boyfriend as all of the boys chase beautiful and hot chicks. I never get attention and I know that there are many other women who are misfortunate like me and not blessed with beauty If we girls are not beautiful then we do not get good jobs, husband So is this life worth living. I want to ask this to the creator Even science and technology has developed but it is not affordable for normal human being. God didn't gave me with such features so I am filled with lot of inferiority complex I know my desires will never be fulfilled.
Hello Dr. I had a anal fissure surgery before 2 month ago and now the wound is about to recover. The problem I am facing is, actually since 2 days I cant pass hard stool bcoz of pain. What shoul I do, and can I use enema for the same.
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!