Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saritha CYour feedback matters!
Hey. I had sex on 31dec. Took an morning after pill immediately. On 7th Jan had some spotting. Doctor prescribed norethisterone for 5 days. Had spotting on 17th Jan again. Does it mean I'm pregnant?
Hello Dr. I wanted some advice on a problem my friend is facing All the days are calculated from the starting day of her last periods She indulged in an act of mutual masturbation in an afternoon of the 12th day after her periods started and she was worried about getting pregnant as the guy masturbated himself too during the act (he fondled the vulva after self masturbation when there was precum in his hands which he wiped but not sure he did or not. So when I was told about this I went to a chemist and asked for a solution and he gave an I pill which she took in the morning of the 14th day. There were signs of nausea vomiting and moods swings after taking the ipill. She also engaged in overexertion by exercising and running as it could induce miscarriage through early periods if she was pregnant. She also had sesame seeds and pineapple juice due to the same concern. On the 29th day (expected day for the next mensuration cycle) she had severe Cramp's and she got her periods but it was not the same as the normal one (it had a clot's which was brownish in color and happened only on the 1st day) and on the next day she got dark red clots and the flow wasn't much and had a light bleeding than the normal periods. Today is the 31st day There were no symptoms till today after her periods started on the 29th day such as nausea or vomiting but she had Cramp's Today is also the 4th day of her periods but she haven't got any. Could she be pregnant Are the abnormal period because of the ipill.
I am 24 year my 2 year after my marriage i have not got pregnant. I want to get pregnant but I am suffering for thyroid problem.
I am suffering from irregular periods since 2 years and increased 20 KGS and trying to reduce but no use Pls suggest me a best solution.
Hello doctor, I have a doubt, Is first dnc leads to infertility or create any problem to getting pregnant for second time.. Please clarify my doubt..
My wife is pregnant and the baby is 6 week older. She has high cholesterol thus, she was taking Astin D (atorvastatin) 10mg daily even after pregnant. Doctor says that we need to terminate the pregnancy because Astin D could have affected the development of baby. Do I need to follow doctors instruction of termination?
When it comes to health benefits, green tea has been an undisputed winner for a long time. It is a must have for all health conscious people. For many people, the day starts and ends with a cup of green tea. However, of late, its position and popularity have been challenged. With its health benefits, white tea is slowly but steadily finding its way into the lives of people.
Now the obvious question is; which one of the two (green tea or white tea) is better? While some loyal fans swear by green tea, others have genuine reasons to opt for white tea. To know more about their benefits, one first needs to know, what are green and white tea?
Green tea and white tea are both extracted and processed from the same mother plant, Camellia sinensis. White tea is manufactured using the young buds and leaves. Green tea, on the other hand, is manufactured from the older leaves of the plant.
Also, green tea undergoes more processing compared to the white tea. In the case of green tea, the leaves are first withered, followed by steaming or frying (pan frying). Next, there is rolling, shaping, and finally drying of the leaves. In the case of white tea, the processing is simple and involves steaming followed by drying of the leaves.
The health benefits of green tea Vs white tea
- The antioxidant capacity: Both green tea and white tea contains a phytochemical, Polyphenols, which has antioxidant properties. In addition to the weight management, this antioxidant is known to protect the body from cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, and even cancer. Research suggests the phenolic content, and subsequently, the antioxidant capacity is higher in white tea as compared to the green tea.
- Protection from UV rays: The harmful effects of UV rays are known to all. Research suggests that both green and white tea are at par (photoprotection ability) when it comes to protection from the harmful UV radiation.
- Anti-carcinogenic property: When it comes to cancer-fighting ability, white tea earns the brownie point. Undergoing less processing as compared to the green tea, the antimutagenic and the anti-carcinogenic properties are higher in white tea.
- Mood enhancer and stress reliever: Many studies suggest that white tea has a slightly higher caffeine content compared to the green tea. Thus, white tea will have a better soothing and refreshing effect than green tea.
- A younger looking skin: Both white and green tea play a pivotal role in slowing down the aging process. However, White tea contains a higher content of polyphenols (due to less processing) and is believed to have a better ability to prevent the breakdown of the elastin and collagen than green tea. The EGCG or EpiGalloCatechin Gallate (lowers the aging process) is also higher in white tea.
- Weight Management: When it comes to weight management, both white and green tea exhibit almost similar effects.
- Anti-inflammatory property: The anti-inflammatory property is slightly higher in white tea than green tea. White tea, thus, helps to suppress the activities collagenase, elastase, and oxidants (enzymes responsible for Rheumatoid arthritis) better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi doctor I'm causes breast feeding lumps in right breast, after stopped feeding. I'm consult surgeon and removed pus, now daily dressing going on but still causes lump around the wound what should be do. The doctor said it could reduce after wound clear. Now little bit pus out from nipple it could be fear on me again it make any problem future, please suggest me result asap.
Hi, I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is extremely obsessed about girls, and the breasts. Its not that its hampering our relationship or our sex life. Whenever we go for an outing, his full attention is on the girls roaming around. Could you please advise me how could I help my husband get out of this. Thanks.
Why vagina outer skin comes off and it is itching. Does it have any correlation with sex with strange or multiple person.
My sister 24 years old she scarring 9 months 6 days baby she suffering with some type of facial paralysis what we have to do sir, please advise.
Oats though seemingly dull, accompanied by a bowlful of milk can form a very nutritious meal. It is packed with fiber which is very essential to regulate your digestive system. Oats are low in calories and help you maintain your waistline. Here are a few reasons why you should add oats to your regular diet-
1. Oats fill you up - Oats are packed with fiber which keeps you full for a while. A bowlful of cooked oats contains only about 150 calories and yet it manages to stave off your hunger because of its high fiber content. The absorption and digestion process slows down when you eat oats thereby restricting your appetite and calorie intake. Oats keep you full for a longer time than other calorie-rich meal and delays the hunger pangs.
2. Oats help reduce cholesterol - According to studies, people suffering from high blood cholesterol could reduce their cholesterol levels by consuming 3 grams of soluble fiber every day. Oats contain the highest amount of soluble fiber among all whole grains (4 grams per cup). The gel-like soluble fiber transits the intestinal tract and aids in trapping substances which contribute to the rise in blood cholesterol level.
3. Oats are diabetes-friendly - Oatmeal is a perfect substitute for meals high in sugar and saturated fat. It helps to control the level of glucose in your bloodstream and also delivers your daily need of fiber. People suffering from uncontrolled diabetes can abundantly benefit from consuming oats although it is essential to keep in mind that you should not add sugary toppings or any other synthetic ingredients to your oats so that it retains all the nutrients which are already present in it.
There are many ways in which you can make your oats interesting. You can go beyond your breakfast cereal and bake cookies made of oats. You can also sprinkle them on your pancakes and bread or add them to your smoothie to increase your fiber intake. You can also add fruits like bananas or berries to your bowl of oats and make it tastier according to your liking.