Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saritha CYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am 28 years old and had an abortion in 6 months. As the baby was found to be having major cardiac congenital anomalies through fetal 2d echo scan. Mines was an arranged marriage and we have no family connection .this was our first baby .hence wondering what could have caused this defect in the baby. Also we are scared if there ar e possibilities of having the same defect again in future pregnancies Can PCOD be a cause for it? Please suggest us here. And let us know every possible precaution that we can take to avoid this happening in future.
Hi im five month pregnant and my uterus is just open now. And dctr said that early pregnancy will done in this situation. So my gynecologist do stitch to my uterus and say I take complete bed rest for 2 months. Is it safe for walking and do some works in this condition?
There is continuously pain in Right breast continuously over a month Randomly with redness in nipple. What can I do.!
I am 19 weeks pregnant. I am suffering wth too much cold n cough. Spootum coming. Wtch medicines can I take. N because of cough anything problem to my baby (pregnancy)
While the very mention of the word ‘Farting’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & other daily habits you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when air is trapped within your body. Air might be swallowed during eating or from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can be a good thing. Don’t think so?
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but if used in small amount, is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disorders and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide, which is known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids. No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Antioxidant-rich foods seem to have a protective effect for the skin. Consider these skin-friendly foods: carrots, apricots, and other yellow and orange fruits and vegetables, spinach and other green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, blueberries, beans, peas and lentils, salmon, mackerel and other fatty fish, nuts. On the flip side, some foods seem to be associated with skin damage. For example, some research suggests that a diet high in processed or refined carbohydrates and unhealthy fats promotes skin aging. Remember, many of the best foods for healthy skin also promote good health overall. Rather than focusing on specific foods for healthy skin, concentrate on a healthy diet in general. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Choose low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Include nuts, seeds and beans in your favorite meals. Opt for whole-grain breads and pasta. Limit sweets.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 28th January and the condom didn't do its job at all. I usually menstruate in the first week of the month and I haven't. I should have taken the emergency pill but I thought it wouldn't be a problem. Doctor , can you please suggest a pill or something that would get me out of this ?
I got my endometric cyst removal surgery in oct 2014 and I got the focille studies and injections last month for conceiving but it failed. Will I not conceive at all, what is the problem.
My wife is 46 years old female. She is complaining about the right side of her chest becoming heavy at times. Some time later the chest becomes normal. She is physically fit and has normal blood pressure & blood sugar. What is the cause of the chest becoming heavy at times? What should she do? What medicines should she take?
Hi Doctor, I have completed the ovary study by external sonography means ovulation study on 14th day of my wife's MC. The report is Rt. Ovary is MSF, Lt. Ovary is 13MMs, Endometrium is 6MMs, Cul-de-sac Fluid is Nil. So what is the report for pregnancy or in this situation can I take chance for become pregnant. Thanks.
My periods are coming between 30 to 40 days I try to get pregnant please tell me what is the ovulation day and what is the correct time to get pregnancy please me to get pregnant early.
Hi Please let me know the side effect of taking anti-pregnancy pills. Actually we just married, and we are planing for the baby. We do not want baby at least 3 years. Kindly suggest.
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.