Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita NarayanYour feedback matters!
Sir. Mai pahle gutkha khata tha isliye mere teeth kuch gande ho gaye hai ise pahle jaise white bnana hai to iske liye kya karna hoga bataye . Thanku.
Everytime I wake up from sleep, my mouth becomes dry and feels very bad. I do not know why this happens? Please tell me the reason and solution for this? Also I get mouth ulcers frequently.
Sir ji mera beta 5 saal ka hai aur uske uper wali daad me kida lag gaya hai aap hi battaye hum kya kare?
How can we reduce the gap between frontal teeth without playing with the strength of the teeth? How much the treatment cost and its maintainance?
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
I hv tooth decay and cavity problem please suggest diet for me as most of food gets stuck in my teeth and remedies to remove decay.
My daughter aged 5+ . her teeth are going one after one decay. local dentist give medicines and toothpaste but no result found. please suggest.
My corner teeth are paining. Not on regular basis but sometimes it starts paining so much. I went to the Dentist, he says wisdom tooth need to be removed and 2 left corner tooth, 1 right corner tooth to be removed. I have 32 teeth. Can you tell me some other option to cure my teeth.
I am suffering from pimples on my face for that what can I do please tell some treatment to me, I am suffering with mouth ulcers in mouth due to heat for this is there any treatment I am using riboflavin tablets for this.
More than seventy five percent of people say that they are frightened to go to the dentist. A dental patient that is afraid to see the dentist will put off having their teeth checked until the problem reaches the point of severity where the tooth has to be extracted.
If you are a frightened dental patient then there are a few things you can do to help overcome your fears. Try one or more of the following suggestions to help you transform from a frightened dental patient into a confident one.
1. Go see the dentist for regular check-ups. Schedule check-ups for once every six months. During these visits you will not be in any discomfort so you can be more relaxed. This will give you the opportunity to get to know your dental care provider better. Familiarity with the office and the staff will reduce many of your fears.
2. Be honest with the staff at the clinic about your fears. Do not be ashamed that you are afraid. If you tell the staff about your fears they will be able to help reduce your anxiety.
3. Have a friend accompany you on your visits. You can even let your friend go back into the treatment room with you. If the staff is aware of your fears they will establish seating in the treatment room for your friend. Having someone to talk to while you are waiting for the dentist can help to keep you calm.
4. Many people are more afraid of the noises that the equipment makes than they are of the pain they might feel. Carry an MP3 player and earbuds to wear while your work is being done. The music will drown out the sound of the equipment and you will be more relaxed.
5. Do not drink caffeinated beverages or beverages containing a large amount of sugar before your visit. Caffeine and sugar both can make you jittery. If you are already nervous you do not want to add the jitters from caffeine. Instead of caffeinated coffee try sipping a warm cup of green tea sweetened with honey.
6. Some people are afraid of the smells in the dental clinics. You can carry a little vapor rub with you when you go. Place a small amount of the vapor rub under each nostril and you will not be able to smell the disinfectants and medications used by the dentist.
7. Try meditation techniques to calm yourself. As you are waiting to be called back to the treatment room use deep breathing exercises to slow your heart rate. Breathe in deeply and then exhale slowly. This will supply more oxygen to your brain and will help you to relax.
8. If you have debilitating fears of visiting the dentist you should schedule a visit to the office just to meet the staff. The staff will be glad to show you around and let you see their offices, and let you talk about your fears and what you are the most afraid of.