Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarika Hegde
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika HegdeYour feedback matters!
This is a male sexual disorder whereby a male cannot maintain an erection of his penis during copulation.
Complete absence of any sexual desire. Coitus is possible with any women from timr to time but, not consistently. Ejaculation occur, coitus before or at the moment of contact of the penis with other the introitus or immediately after insertion. Erections occur, coitus is possible with some women, but not with other. Sexual desire is present, nocturnal emissions and spontaneous erections occurs, but a female partner cannot produce an erection. The penis is inserted into the vagina and coitus takes place, but ejaculation does not occurs.
Homeopathic medicines are able to cure impotency properly like sel, lyco, damiana etc and result in a good sexual life.
How much will be the success rate of using an ipill contraceptive tablet used by the 36 hours of intercourse. And the intercourse was done during the safe periods.
There are some commonest misconceptions about infertility, and these misconceptions should be eliminated as soon as possible so that the actual facts can be known. There are many online sites where you can find detailed information on the scientific explanations regarding infertility, and you can follow them.
List of myths and facts regarding infertility:
1.Myth: The menstrual cycle of a woman is for 28 days.
Fact: Normal cycle ranges between 21-36 days.
2.Myth: A woman can have pregnancy on the day one of menstrual cycle.
Fact: The released eggs remain viable for almost 12-14 hours, and a woman can get pregnant after an intercourse done two-days after ovulation and five-days before ovulation.
3.Myth: Infertility occurs due to stress.
Fact: Ovulation can surely get delayed due to hormone suppression, but infertility does not occur due to stress.
4.Myth: Sperms stay active for few hours.
Fact: Sperms stay alive at least for five days.
5.Myth: Men with a higher sexual-drive will have a normal sperm-count.
Fact: No relation is there in between fertility and virility. Sometimes, it has been found that men having a higher sex-drive do not produce sperms.
6.Myth: Women have to wait for three months to conceive after stopping the usage of contraceptive pills.
Fact: As soon as a woman stops pill usage, hormonal levels go back to normal condition, as a result of which ovulation begins immediately.
7.Myth: Only females have infertility troubles.
Fact: Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles as per the current scientific studies.
8.Myth: Ovulation occurs in a woman on the 14th day of menstrual cycle.
Fact: Ovulation can be calculated by counting 14 days backwards from the past menstrual cycle's last day.
9.Myth: Daily sex can increase conceiving chances.
Fact: During ovulation, having sex each day, especially in between 12-16th day of the cycle can be the best timing.
10.Myth: Fertility troubles occur at 35.
Fact: Peak fertility timing in a woman's life is 20, and this might continue until late 30s. Fertility troubles might even arrive at a younger age. With age, conception chances get declined, especially after 35. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 26 years old girl, today I have safe sexed by using condom, and in my vagina there is too much pain ,while going to pee it also pain, just like there is cut here. Can you please tell me how to get remedy of this pain, or is there is any cream available in the market.
Is sifasi 5000 iu injection safe, this is given to my wife. Will there be any serious side effects? Is this recommended?
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer :
- Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
- Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&amp;#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
- Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
- Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
- Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads.