Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika HegdeYour feedback matters!
हरीतकी यानी की हरड़ जिसका उपयोग कई आयुर्वेदिक औषधियों के निर्माण में किया जाता है. विशेष रूप से इसका इस्तेमाल त्रिफला चूर्ण बनाने के लिए किया जाता है. जो है. इसे इसकी विशेषताओं को देखते हुए इसे कायाकल्प जड़ी बूटी के रूप में भी जाना जाता है. भारत में हरित की हिमालय के निचले क्षेत्रों से लेकर, पूर्व बंगाल, असम तक यानी 5000 फीट की ऊंचाई तक पाया जाता है. आयुर्वेद में इसके कोई और नाम जैसे कायस्था प्राणदा अमृता आदि नामों से बुखार आ गया है. यह स्वाद में कसैला होता है.आइए हरड़ के फायदे और नुकसान को जानें.
1. पाचन शक्ति में
हरड़ जिसे हरितकी भी कहा जाता है. का उपयोग मुख्य रूप से पाचन शक्ति से संबंधित समस्याओं को दूर करने के लिए किया जाता है. हरीतकी का 1 से 3 ग्राम मात्रा एक कप गर्म पानी में मिलाकर पीने से पाचन शक्ति से संबंधित समस्याओं और उपापचय में मदद मिलती है.
2. दस्त में
दस्त में हरीतकी का लाभ लेने के लिए आपको इसकी चटनी बनानी होगी. कच्चे हरड़ की कचनार फली फलियों को पीसकर इसकी चटनी बनाकर रोजाना दिन में तीन बार लेने से दस्त की समस्या खत्म होती है. इसके अलावा हरड़ हमारे शरीर और मलाशय में हल्कापन भी लाता है. जिसके कारण रोग जल्दी ही ठीक हो जाते हैं.
3. यौन समस्याओं के निदान में
यौन समस्याओं स्वास्थ्य को ध्यान में रखते हुए भी हरड़ को उपयोग में लाया जा सकता है. हरीतकी आपकी यौन ऊर्जा को बढ़ा देता है. इसके लिए आपको रोजाना 1 से 2 ग्राम हरड़ एक महीने तक खाना होता है. लेकिन इसके साथ एक बात का ध्यान रखना आवश्यक है कि लंबी अवधि तक इसका प्रयोग करने से यौन शक्ति में कमी का कारण भी बन सकता है. इसके साथ ही हरीतकी शीघ्रपतन की भी उपचार में प्रयुक्त होता है. इसके अलावा इसका प्रयोग विधि की मात्रा कम शुक्राणु और उन्नत शिश्न की समस्याओं के निदान में भी किया जाता है.
4. तिल्ली रोग के उपचार में
तिल्ली रोग के उपचार में भी हरड़ का उपयोग किया जाता है. इसके लिए 3 से 5 ग्राम हरड़ दिन में एक या दो बार दूध से 3 ग्राम गुड़ के साथ मिलाकर किया जाता है. इससे तिल्ली बढ़ने की समस्या से निजात पाई जा सकती है.
5. बवासीर के लिए
बवासीर, मल त्याग में आने वाली जत्ता उनसे संबंधित बीमारी है. हरितकी का प्रयोग बवासीर के दौरान होने वाले समस्याओं में किया जाता है. इसके लिए दो बड़े चम्मच हरीतकी या फिर त्रिफला चूर्ण पानी आधी बाल्टी पानी में स्नान करने से 10 मिनट पहले डाल कर छोड़ दें इसके बाद इस पानी से स्नान करने से सूजन कम होता है. इससे घाव भी जल्दी भरता है.
6. उल्टी में राहत के लिए
यदि आपको उल्टी आ रही है. तो इस इस परेशानी से निजात पाने के लिए भी आप हरितकी का प्रयोग कर सकते हैं इसके लिए हरीतकी पाउडर के साथ शहद मिलाकर लेना होता है. ऐसा करने से विषाक्त पदार्थ बाहर आते हैं और उल्टी बंद हो जाती हैं.
7. सूजन से संबंधित विकारों में
सूजन से संबंधित विकारों में भी हरीतकी का प्रयोग किया जाता है. इसके लिए गोमूत्र और हरितकी को एक साथ मिलाकर इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. इस से सूजन में राहत मिलती है.
हरीतकी के नुकसान
- गर्भवती महिलाएं और स्तनपान कराने वाली माताओं को इसके इस्तेमाल से बचना चाहिए.
- 5 वर्ष से कम उम्र के बच्चों के लिए भी इसका इस्तेमाल नहीं करना चाहिए.
- कम प्रतिरोधक क्षमता वाले लोग भी इसका इस्तेमाल ना करें.
- लंबे समय तक उपवास करने वाले लोगों को भी इसका इस्तेमाल नहीं करना चाहिए.
- बढ़े हुए पेट और अपच की समस्या से पीड़ित लोग इसका इस्तेमाल न करें.
- शुष्क और दुर्बल महसूस करने वाले लोगों को भी इसका इस्तेमाल नहीं करना चाहिए.
- हरीतकी का इस्तेमाल किसी चिकित्सक से परामर्श करना ज्यादा उचित रहता है.
I have taken mifepristone and misoprostol twice orally. 2 days I get very low bleeding. after 2 days i get bleeding like usual periods. When can i have pregnancy test?
The cervix is a part of the female reproductive system. It is the lower part of the woman's uterus, and it connects the vagina with the uterus. This is usually closed and tight, but ends up dilating during occasions like pregnancy and childbirth. The cervix is also known to soften eventually during the course of one's pregnancy and delivery. In case the cervix starts to open up too early, this condition is known as an insufficient cervix or an incompetent cervix. Here is everything you need to know about this condition.
Definition and symptoms: An incompetent or insufficient cervix is one that opens up too early and does not support a normal delivery. The symptoms that may point at this condition include pressure in the pelvic area, pain in the back, light bleeding from the vagina, mild cramps in the abdomen, and a change in the odour and hue of the vaginal discharge that may be experienced by the pregnant woman. Usually, such symptoms and changes are not seen in the early stages of one's pregnancy. Mostly, the symptoms are experienced after the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy, in the second trimester, when there is greater pressure on the area due to the growing fetus.
Risk factors: There are a number of factors that increase the risk of this condition, including congenital conditions like uterine anomalies and other genetic disorders. These disorders may affect the fibrous protein that produces the connective tissue of the body, which is also known as collagen. When there is a decrease in this kind of tissue, the cervix becomes incompetent or insufficient. Also, when there has been overexposure to synthetic estrogen, this kind of condition may be experienced. Further, cervical trauma is another factor that may cause this condition along with dilation and curettage, which is a procedure that corrects uterine conditions.
Treatment: The main form of treatment usually includes the prescription of progesterone supplements in the form of weekly administered injections. Also, serial ultrasounds every fortnight can help in monitoring the situation closely so that the doctor is able to ascertain whether or not you are going to be able to go through a normal delivery or not. Cervical cerclage is also a surgical procedure that can help such a condition. In this procedure, the cervix is stitched up with strong sutures, which will be removed in the last month of pregnancy, or just before the delivery. This is especially helpful if there have been cases of premature delivery in the past. This procedure is usually carried out within the first 14 weeks of the pregnancy to avoid loss of the fetus.
Is white discharge is the cause of not having pregnancy? I have white discharge after periods every month. Pcod. Please suggeset want to conceive height 5.6 weight 63.
My wife is 3 months pregnant this her first pregnancy, age 23 year, no any abortion before this pregnancy Last night when I press her boobs, the milk come from them It's worries?
Dear. Next weak I will marry. One question in my mind that I want to know that my fiyance is virgin or not. What will be there in the first night I don't know. Please tell me what symptoms of virginity break. How I will come to know that she is virgin. What will I do at first time that I come to know that she is virgin. How much blood will be there? And how tight will be vagina that indicate virginity. I never had sex before. Her age is 20. Please tell me.
Most couples dream of holding their first-born in their arms. But there are others who also dread the prospect of taking such a responsibility. Some are not sure and some cannot wait. It's important to know the fact that life certainly changes forever the moment a small bundle of joy enters your life. And there are many factors involved.
If you wish to know if you and your partner are ready to have a baby, check for these points:
1. You're excited
The first sign that you need to look out for, and which points out that you're ready to start a family of your own is you're eager and excited to welcome the newest addition. Reading baby books and blogs, thinking of ideas on how to decorate the room for your baby, or keeping yourself up-to-date on the latest parenting news may be certain signs that indicate your eagerness to have a baby of your own.
2. You're financially ready
Another indication that you may be ready to welcome a baby in your family is when you have every financial aspect sorted out, including investments and savings. The ideal financial plan should be such that you're able to add to your savings as well as build up a retirement corpus while still being able to sustain the lifestyle that you and your partner would like. Most importantly, sticking to the financial plan is as important as coming up with one.
3. You can empathise
A quality that every would-be parent needs to have is empathy. The ability to put yourself in another person's shoes is vital before you can bring another human being into the world. You and your partner may have different empathy levels, which you need to know beforehand as parenting also involves empathising with your child's pain fears, needs, and worries and so on.
4. You're ready to make a professional sacrifice
Having a baby also calls for making a professional sacrifice as looking after a baby is not an easy task. You or your partner may have to take a long break from work. It's, therefore, vital to see where you and your partner stand in your careers.
5. You have support
Having experienced people around you or people you can trust can help ease the days that usually follow on the arrival of this newest visitor. Your support could be in the form of your parents or in-laws who can look after your child while you go for work or take rest. Other support systems that you can consider are day care.
Above all, you need to be the best version of yourself before taking on this additional responsibility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 5 month pregnant. Its my first time and do not know anything about that what I have to do what I have to eat what excess I have to do can you suggest me something for my baby health.
I'm 36 and my wife is 34. Sir, in the year 2016 my wife conceived but after three months ultra sound depicts the multiple congenial abnormalities. So doctors advice us for DNC. Which was done on 15 aug 2016 After one year we are trying for the second baby but she is not able to conceive since April 2017 Is triple marker test helpful for us to analyze the possible abnormalities of would be coming baby Note my wife is Jit pregnant.
'when the diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need'
Taking heavy meals in short durations without earlier meals properly digested produces toxins.
Kala viruddha (time against): intake of cold and dry substances in winter, pungent and hot substances in summer.
The combination of fruit salad, milk and banana should be avoided.
Using yogurt with milk, fish with milk, achar (pickle) with milk, honey with ghee (butter) are some virudha ahara (incompetent food) if taken together, they produce a lot of toxins in our body.
Drinking buttermilk is excellent as it is easily digestible, kindles hunger, instigates vata and kapha and cures dropsy, haemorrhoids, enlargement of the abdomen, abdominal tumour, duodenal diseases, dysuria, enlargement of spleen, loss of appetite, and anaemia.
I am suffering from vaginal discharge. What I should do to stop it. It is very irritating me .so please can you suggest any remedy. My periods are regular but I will get period for 21 days.
The female reproductive organ is an area of the human body where many microbial organisms inhabit together and it is a necessary requirement for its health. These organisms may include fungi and bacteria and play important roles individually in maintaining the pH levels (the acidic and alkaline balance) levels of the vagina. However, when one of these, especially the fungi go out of balance and begin to propagate, it results in a vaginal yeast infection.
A yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis is a fungal infection that causes extreme itchiness of the vulva (which is the opening of the vagina) and the further insides of the vagina as well. It may result in a white discharge from time to time and causes vaginal inflammation. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Pain in the vagina akin to a burning sensation while urinating or when having sex
- Rashes in the vagina
- General soreness and pain
- White odorless discharge, which is thick in consistency
- Colorless watery discharges can occur as well
- Swelling and redness near the vulva or the vagina in general
The type of fungi that causes vaginal yeast infections is the ‘candida fungus’. Usually, this fungus is present within the vagina, but is kept in check by the Lactobacillus bacteria. These are bacteria naturally present within the vagina and secrete acids, which keep the fungi in check. However, when the levels of bacteria are reduced, it will cause the levels of fungi to increase causing a yeast infection.
The below mentioned factors can aggravate the risks of this disease:
- Problems brought on by diabetes
- A compromised immune system
- Pregnancy may also disturb the balance
- Starting to use or stopping the use of oral contraceptive pills
- Hormone therapy
- Usage of antibiotics that may kill off lactobacillus bacteria within the vagina
Generally, yeast infections are not considered to be sexually transmitted, although yeast infection could be spread through sexual contact as well.
The primary treatment includes a course of anti fungal oral medication to lessen the levels of the fungi within your vagina. It could be supplemented with vaginal creams, which may reduce the itching and the inflammation. If you have recurrent infection multiple times within a year, then you may have to go for a longer course of treatment and correct the underlying conditions that may be causing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Dear sir, I am a girl of age 20, height 5'7" and weight 68 kg. I get my monthly periods often earlier 3-4 days every month now I want to ask you is it any problem and one more thing is that White fluid comes out of my vagina everyday in small quantity, Does it harm me?
Sir/mam before 7 days ago I was make physical relation with my partner first time in my life. Just after 15 minutes of vaginal sex I was start feeling a mild itching on my plivet parts and then after 5 minutes I feel itching in my hole body for 10-15 minutes. Is it normal or any symptoms of any type of allergy or disease?
I am 24 years old married woman. Recently according to the reports I am having pcod problem. What should I do? also I am having severe hair fall! please help.
Hi.My last menstrual date was 15/02/2015.And my average cycle is of 28 to 29 days.So my period is missed n home pregnancy test is negative. .Wat to do now?
When you’re trying to conceive a baby, waiting for your next period can be a test of patience. If your menstrual cycle varies from month to month or if you haven’t been keeping track of your cycle dates you may not even be sure of when your period is to begin. However, a missed period is not the only sign of pregnancy. Here are ten others signs to watch out for.
- Sensitive nipples: As your hormone levels increase so does the blood supply to the breasts and nipples. This can make you feel extra sensitivity in the form of a tingling sensation around the nipples.
- Nausea: Morning sickness affects most pregnant women but some women are spared this experience. Morning sickness can start as early as four weeks into the pregnancy and is marked by feelings of queasiness and an urge to vomit. Despite its name, morning sickness can affect a woman at any time of the day.
- Frequent urination: A combination of surging hormones and a higher volume of blood in the body can make your kidneys work extra hard. From the 6th week of pregnancy onwards, women find themselves urinating more frequently. This may also be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- Food cravings: Cravings for ice cream, pickles etc. is often joked about when it comes to pregnancy, but this can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. After conceiving a baby, a woman is likely to go off certain flavours even though they may be things she liked otherwise. You may also notice a metallic taste in your mouth and change in your sensitivity to the smell of things as well.
- Tiredness: As the body gears up to nurture a growing foetus, mothers find themselves abnormally tired. Pregnancy hormones also add to this feeling along with making you upset and emotional. This fatigue is often highest in the first and third trimester.
- Darker nipples: Pregnancy hormones can also cause changes in the appearance of your skin. One of the first noticeable changes is darkening of the nipples. Your nipples may also become more erect and the bumps around them may become more pronounced.
- Spotting: It is easy to mistake light bleeding for a period, but if you are pregnant this is known as implantation bleeding. The reason for this spotting is not known but it occurs as the fertilised egg settles into the uterus. This spotting may also be accompanied by mild cramps.
- Bloating: Pregnancy hormones can make you feel bloated especially in the abdominal area. This feeling is similar to the feeling some women have just before their menstrual cycle begins.
- Mood swings: Pregnancy hormones affect neurotransmitters in the brain. For some women, this can cause heightened emotions while for others it can lead to depression and anxiety.
- High basal body temperature: Basal temperature refers to your lowest body temperature and is usually taken as soon as you wake up. If your basal temperature has been higher than normal for more than two weeks consecutively, it may be a sign that you are pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.