Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Saravana KodandapaniYour feedback matters!
Hello my name is imli I have a question for you I am suffering from a problem of eyes. I am unable to see clear vision. Please help me out from it. Also having problem to understand dark colored my age is 23 years. Please help me out from it and answer me. What should I eat.
Helo sir or Mam, my name is Suraj and 25 years old and I wear spectacles my no. Is -1.5 of both eyes and I decide to go for Lasik laser operation to correct my eye sight so please tell me the positive and negative points of this Lasik laser operation and tell me I should go for it or not please help me.
I'm a software professional, my eyes strain a lot I work. Any remedy/suggestion in lifestyle to prevent this ?
I asked with a doctor he said that an small chalazion is impossible to cure with medicine. Please advice what should i do to cure?
My name is Faiz and I got aspects also and I have to understand that what we have to for proper eyesight.
I'm a student and whenever I read book or watch for long time television then water use to come out of my eye.
This is syed sajjad of 17 years old my eyes becomes red and also itches what type of diet should I consume to control it.
I was suffering from eye flu. Now I m fine but my right eye can't see properly. Sometimes it show blur so I don't know what to do.?
I use power glasses of power 8, and I want to get rid of that. Is there any operations for it. So I get a normal vision. please help as it is needed.
I am suffering from hypermetropia (long eye tightness. I have checked my eyes doctor has given me suitable number spectacles and has told me to come after 6 months. Suppose if I check my eyes before 6 months at another hospital and my power of spectacles has been reduced before time. So I can make a spectacles with the new power?
1. Myself Gyanendra Verma, from Bareilly UP. I am suffering from backbone pain from last 3-4 months, please tell me the treatment of this disease. 2. My younger brother is suffering from fifiorytis in eyes last 3 months, please suggest the best treatment for this disease.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.