Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saravana A
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saravana AYour feedback matters!
EXERCISES IN PRONE LYING AND KNEELING
He is asked to lift sound arm so that all pressure comes to the affected side. Poor balance and arm support on left affected side. Rocking backwards and forward , balancing on affected knee.
Weight is on affected side but note slight retraction on affected side.
EXERCISES IN SITTING
Weight bearing on the affected upper limb:
The therapist sits behind the patient and maintains the arm in slight abduction and extension with elbow extension. The patient should be encouraged to weight bear with the arm in this position. As the patient improves the support given by the therapist should be gradually reduced.Facilitating weight transmission through affected side.
- This exercises help the patient to achieve scapular elevation. The therapist may place her hand on the shoulder girdle to give a tactile input.
- Touching the opposite shoulder and placing the hand on sacrum: The patient is trained to touch the opposite shoulder in supination and then take it behind the back as far across as possible to the opposite side.
- In sitting position some exercises for the hand can be given emphasizing more on the extension components.
- Visual feedback exercises like holding a paper glass with water in it such that the water level should not increase or holding a clay mould without causing hand impression are some of the ways to train control of the hand.
- Supination- pronation by keeping the elbow flexed at 90 degree.
- Knee extension and flexion of knee: The patient should be asked to flex the knee by taking the foot as much as possible below the chair and then straightening it.
- Getting up: The patient is trained to perform getting up by moving the foot closer to the chair, bending forward, holding the hand rest and then getting up.
- Vestibular exercises: The patient may be made to sit on the vestibular ball to improve the balance and also normalize the tone of the trunk. Vestibular ball may be used to exercise the upper extremities mainly to achieve control at the proximal joint and facilitate extension of the fingers through stimulation of the proprioceptors at all the joints of the upper limb.
Let's understand how these tiny-mighty seeds help the body and why you must adopt it instantly.
1) High nutritional content - Flaxseeds are energy pumps and a very rich source of dietary fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, carbs, iron, phosphorus, zinc, good fats, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin B1 and you name it! It packs so much of nutrition that your body needs.
2) For Assured Weight Loss - Flaxseeds are famous for this! The seeds are full of healthy fats and fibers, they will keep your stomach full for a longer time. This lowers in-take of calories, thus resulting in weight loss. Also flaxseeds expand when ingested, so you can take it 30 minutes prior to your meals or add a couple of teaspoons to your salads, smoothies, oats etc.
3) For Healthy Skin and Hair - A habit of 1 to 2 tbsp of flaxseeds will keep your hair and skin shining with life. The omega-3 fatty acids benefit the hair and skin by providing them the desired fats.
4) Choice for Gluten Free Diet - Flax seeds are a great choice for the people who are gluten-sensitive or have Celiac disease. The seeds are anti-inflammatory and can be replaced by other inflammation causing grains.
5) Boon For Women and Elderly - Flax seeds help menstruating women by ensuring regularity in cycle. The seeds are also known to fight breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancer. With it high soluble and insoluble fiber content, it enhances digestive health. Flax seeds can also reduce cholesterol levels.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hello Sir/Ma'am I am just asking that I have missed menstrual cycle of two month. What should I Do? I am so tensioned. Please help me. Thank you.
Most women tend to ignore their own well-being. A woman's health deteriorates faster as she ages, therefore women must go for complete body checkups regularly. Here are few symptoms to be cautious about and if you notice any of these, do visit your doctor soon.
1. A lump or a cyst - a breast lump is not to be ignored. If you detect/feel a suspicious breast lump, remember it could be a cyst. Now the cyst could be benign or otherwise, best to let the specialists find that out for you. Get a breast examination done at the soonest.
2. Shortness of breath - this is a very common problem amongst women and is an indicator for cardiac problems, even an impending heart attack. If shortness of breath is a common occurrence, also followed by fatigue, dizziness, etc, schedule a check-up pronto. Chest pain and nausea should be given immediate medical assistance.
3. Inability to sleep - an occasional sleepless night is fine but if this has become a habit and you have major difficulty in falling asleep regularly, this could be an issue. This usually happens to women when they enter menopause. Women need to get ample sleep, and if there are disturbances in your sleep, please consult your doctor.
4. Headaches - frequent headaches which occur at levels which are unbearable are not to be taken lightly. Headaches could be symptoms of stroke, brain infections or tumor or other ailments.
5. Pain in intercourse - sex should not be painful. If it hurts, something is wrong and your body is most likely trying to tell you something. This could be to do with any of the gynecological problems, so better see your ob-gyn soon.