Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saravana AYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, I am telling personally, my female friend had a sex with her boyfriend. 2 year ago. But that relation couldn't last. Now her marriage is knocking at the door. Arrange marriage. But she feared abouts her past relation ship. She had a sex. With ex boyfriend. My question is. After marriage will her would be husband come to know about her physical relationships with her friend. If my friend do not want to tell her husband. Kindly help.
Hi doctor I was suffering from herpes zoster last week now the boils. At the face have been reduced but still there are black patches which have some itching and discomfort of pain I was prescribed the medication of 7 days valtoval, delacmr and nervijen/np could you please suggest what should I do now since the the patches look ugly and disturbing to me.
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding!
Hi, My weight is 60 kg and height is 153 cm. I had c-section two months ago. How much should I reduce? I breast feed my baby. Suggest some ideas to reduce weight.
I m 43 year old. My monthly cycle has reoccur after a period of 12 months & is coming for second time in 2 months. Wht shd I do?
Having Multiple Sex Partners - Good or Bad? Multiple sex partners means having more than one person that you engage in sexual activity with. There are many risks associated with having multiple sexual partners, such as an increase in risk of pregnancy and transmitting a sexual disease. However, some people believe that it is natural to have multiple sex partners and that it can keep your sex life exciting if you are not just having sex with one person. It is your personal choice to have sex with multiple people, however you need to be careful particularly as it carries multiple risks. The more sexual partners you have, the higher the risk of catching a sexually transmitted infection (STI). There are many reasons why people have lot of sexual partners. This may be from the use of alcohol or drugs, which make you want more sex. This may also be from the excitement that you get from having multiple partners, or that you feel liberated having casual sex with multiple partners. Drugs or alcohol increase your chance of having risky sex and making decisions that you wouldn't normally make in these situations, such as having unprotected sex if your judgement is clouded. If you are having sex with multiple people, only one of them needs to be infected with an STI for it to be passed between everyone. You can pass it to your partners, and if they are all having sex with multiple partners this can be passed to their partners, and so on. You cannot ever be sure whether someone has an STI by just looking at them or their behaviour, so you need to make sure that you are extra careful and dont take any unnecessary risks. If you are in a relationship and you both agree to have multiple partners, you need to be open with your partner and honest about any risks you may have taken, such as having unprotected sex. Having multiple partners while you are in a relationship can cause major strain and both physical and emotional trauma, so if this is something that you want to engage in, you need to have a hard think about whether this will harm your relationship. Ask yourself why you want to have multiple partners, and how your partner will feel about this. You also need to consider the emotional implications that can come from having multiple sex partners. Can you handle having so many people close to you, and prevent yourself from getting attached? Will you be okay with having impersonal sex that wont provide any emotional fulfillment? There is also a risk of making yourself a bad reputation if you always have multiple sexual partners; you dont want people to think that you are easy . This could possibly lead you into situations where people may assume that you are willing to have sex or may take advantage, so you need to be careful and always be sensible if you have multiple sexual partners and having casual sex. You are also at a higher risk of getting pregnant if you are having sex with multiple partners, as it is often in a casual manner so you are less focused on using protection, particularly if drugs or alcohol are involved. There is also a high risk of getting pregnant, and if this happens, you may then be facing with the problem of figuring out who the father of the baby is. The main thing you have to worry is how this may affect your health, and the steps you can take to be safe if you have multiple partners to ensure that you are never in danger.
Is white discharge common in every girl. If so what happens if there is no white discharge and if yes is there any problem with excess white discharge and how to control it .how to control vaginal smell. I need some best natural remedies.
I am 20 years I have periods problem among 3 years. I consulted many doctor s to this particular problem. But it was not solved. So pls solve my problem sir.
Mai pregnant hu, mujhe'2 month 6 days' ho gye he, meri age 19 years he, me abi maa nhi banna chahti, to kia mera abortion ho skta he.
Am a 24 years female. I have irregular periods. Even after taking a treatment also am getting this problem again due to low hemoglobin level. I got married last month. Is there any solution to regularize my periods?
Sometimes, little bit of White fluid comes out of my friend's (girl) nipples. Some say it's nipplegasm. Please tell us what is this.
We store water in all sorts of plastic bottles, jugs or containers. It can be low grade or high grade, but plastic is plastic! This is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.
Let’s see the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles:
1. Harmful substances: Apart from harmful chemicals in plastic, water when get stored in plastic bottles also produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
2. Dioxin production: Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water in plastic bottles while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
3. BPA generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems and early puberty in girls. It’s better not to store and drink water from a plastic bottle.
4. Liver cancer and reduced sperm count: Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
5. Vitamin based bottled water: Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
6. Impact on immune system: Our immune system is immensely affected when we drink water in plastic bottles. The chemicals from plastic bottles are ingested and tend to disturb our body’s immune system.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.