Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Saranya DevanathanYour feedback matters!
I have a psychological problem. I don't like to be acquainted with new people / unknown people or strangers. I know this not good for me. Kindly tell me how to overcome this problem.
I am 30 years old female, married and have one boy. Last one months I have lot shivering, body pain, headache everything. I get tensed without any reason. Always my body get shivered. What is the problem I have?
Before 7 months ago I were in a relationship with a girl. A very serious relationship. Due to circumstances she has been married to someone else in past two months ago. She is still talking to me. I am very much disturbing by her as my concentration is diverted. Now I am doing preparation for competition. Sometime I am diverting with my aim. How can I forget her. As it's very difficult my to stop talking to her. Help me out.
My father had epilepsy stroke 2 years back so he is consuming eptoin from 2 years now he is not going for regular consultancy but is consuming eptoin as a regular medicine till death is it right that for epilepsy patient eptoin is compulsory till his her death?
I am 25 years old. Since 3 years, I had an ongoing relation with a person who I love so much. Due to some misunderstanding he break our relation. I tried to convince him but he is not ready to clarify nor ready to listen to my valid reasons. Please do the needful. What should I do?
I want suggestions to improve my IQ power and memory power very much. My age is 20 years am studying chartered accountancy CA course.
Dear sir/madam from a month I was feeling nervousness due to shortage of breath due to anxiety so what is the procedure to remove this plzz sir I was healthy but hw this happened I didn't know because I hav take stress in exams it finish but still now my nervousness is not finish please sir/madam give me remedies for this.
Sometimes when a person has too much on their plate, they are left feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. Here are a few ways in which you can manage being overwhelmed and return to a place of control, contentment and relaxation.
- Venture out: Trying to work and get your tasks done despite your confusion and feeling of helplessness will not lead you anywhere. You need to step away to have the capacity to see your conditions from a new point of view. Move to an alternate room, get up from your work area, sit on a different couch, go out for a walk or go sit at a bistro. Venturing out from the present circumstance and changing your physical surroundings will help you gain clarity, and move you far from the overwhelming perspective. This is when you can see the solution more clearly.
- Vent it out: When you are occupied, it is very easy to lose any feeling and sense of priority and the panic makes everything seem urgent. In reality, there will be things that may require your consideration for a brief span. Hence, the key thing is to have clarity and gain visibility on what you are managing. Attempt a "mind download", where you record everything, with the goal that you can figure out what is obstructing your brain and its functioning.
- Requesting help and allowing help: You would be surprised at what number of individuals will offer assistance. Usually, our limited thinking is because we become a problem for ourselves as we disallow others to help us. Sometimes we also think they will say no, thus we do not ask for help. Simply try it out. Request help, and get ready to be surprised at the generosity you might get from others.
- Phase out noise: When we feel overwhelmed, it feels soothing to do something to loosen up and relax, such as watching the TV, listening to music, watching the news or playing a game. What we overlook during this time is that the additional data that comes in clutters our mind that further tangles our already overwhelmed senses.
- Make continuous improvements: Concentrate on one area at a time. Question yourself: what kind of change would be good for you? Concentrate on little, easy-to-do portions, not an instant upgrade. Say, your employment. Experiment with ten minutes of a sustaining pace. Appreciate how that feels. At that point expand on it. Check whether your well being moves forward. Try to feel positive energy in the bargain.
Treat the sentiment of overwhelming nervousness as a companion, for it is an indicator telling us that we have to slow down. It tells us to readjust our centre of focus and prioritise something else that makes us feel positive and better.
Hi i am suffering from male from last 2 months. Needle extraction is prescribed by the doctor. But i am scaring of that treatment. Is there any cure except needle extractions?
I had a breakup last year and since then I am losing myself and have been depressed what should I do.
Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The best way to deal with it to accept that it is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse.
It is therefore important that you acknowledge it, first of all and try to cope with it. Controlling anxiety isn't a gigantic task. You can feel at ease with by doing these simple things:
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Deep breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.