Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarala ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I take duphaston from 17 day of my period to 27 day, my doctor prescribed me to perform s. progesterone level to check whether a ovulation process occur or not, so the result is 133.6 mg/ml it high from the luteal phase so kindly answer me whats the reason behind this, its high level due to I have take duphaston or any other reason, I want to conceive, firstly doctor prescribed me cerophene from 2nd day of my cycle for 5 day, me and my husband test result are ok kindly answer me earlier.I m so much confused.
While period problem suffering from one sided strongly headache every month. I had completed medical course of three month but once I stop it again facing the same problem, feeling very week, body pain n tiredness. Kindly suggest me best of the medicine on this.
My wife presently completed 7months of pregnancy and 8th month running facing few drops of blood in stool. Is it quite common during this month.
From last 2 months my girlfriend does not getting periods as she was suffering from typhoid now she recovered her typhoid. May I please know that why she is not getting periods.
Hi Dear Sir/Madam, my mother is suffering form uterus infection, she went for urine routine test, that report shown she have some puss cells, after that we consulted one doctor she gave cream and l tablets for vagina and other tablets for her. Now my mother is so afraid of this what we can do madam. please tel me some remedy, awaiting for your reply.
Mam, I have done first night, so after first night she got periods within 10 days, after that we are not participated in intercourse then next month she doesn't get periods does it means she has pregnancy, if she is pregnant tell me how to stop? Please sir or mam.
Plz describe in simple words what is ivf. What will the approx cost for this n how much time it will take.
According to the preconceived notion, drinking alcohol is harmful to the body. It is partly true. Drinking alcohol is harmful to the body, but only in huge proportions. In fact, despite popular belief, drinking alcohol is also good for health.
Here are 8 alcohols that are secretly keeping you healthy:
- Beer: The most common alcoholic drink, beer is loaded with antioxidants called phenols. This protects you against suffering from heart diseases. Beer also lowers the risk of acquiring high blood pressure and helps maintaining it.
- Red Wine: Apart from being a classy drink and having the same benefits of beer, the additional brownie points of red wine is that it helps in increasing life span by generating longevity genes. It also increases good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol in the body.
- Ethanol: Ethanol reduces the risk of wear and tear in the brain neurons. Any damage to the neurons may lead to Alzheimer's or dementia. Hence ethanol helps to prevent any harm to the brain cells.
- Vodka: Vodka helps in clearing bad breath as the high alcohol content kills all bad odour bacteria present. It also helps to reduce stress and disinfect wound. It improves the health of the skin and stimulates hair growth. Toothache is also another issue which Vodka can work wonders on.
- Whisky: Whisky helps to numb throat pain when it is gargled in a mixture with warm water. It stimulates weight loss. Whisky also helps in preventing dementia. Other benefits of this drink that it prevents diabetes and cancer. It also helps to keep the heart healthy, increases the level of good cholesterol and terminates blood clots. Whiskey is believed to be one of the healthiest drinks among the alcoholic beverages.
- Tonic: The combination of gin and tonic is very useful while treating malarial infection as it contains quinine; which is used for the treatment of malaria.
- Brandy: Brandy is one alcoholic drink which is full of healthy antioxidants. It has anti ageing properties; hence is very good for the skin. Brandy also reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the body. It also helps in the treatment of bladder and ovarian cancer as well as sore throats and cough.
- Rum: Rum increases life longevity. It is very beneficial for the heart. It also functions as a blood thinner and helps in increasing the level of good cholesterol. Having this wonderful drink occasionally also guards you against osteoporosis and common cold.
Hi, I have been trying to conceive since last 6-7 months. My periods were irregular and so based on the past months data, this month I had intercourse on the most likely ovulation days which was around 2-3 days back. Since today morning am experiencing swollen gums. I never had any such issue till yesterday. Could this be an early sign of pregnancy? I don't think pregnancy signs show up this early. Please help.
I have missed periods last month, iam on metformin and eltroxin, I am married for 11 years and have no issue. My body weight is 83 kgs, height 5ft. 6inches. Anti mullerian hormone value is 16. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I meet my husband in the weekends.
Sir/madam we are newly married couple and want a child my wife had noperiods more than ten days she had a pregnancy test but test is negative what is problem behind that.
Both ovaries show multiple peripheral follicles with a central echogenic stroma what does it mean? Dr. provide me fertomid 50 mg I want suggestion from best gyna.
How can we know that we are eligible to make pregnant to my partner? As I am masturbating does it affects her in not getting pregnancy?
Who doesn't want a flat stomach? Six-pack abs are the ultimate goal for fitness freaks and fashionistas alike. If only, they were easy to achieve! While most people focus only on exercises to build a six pack, it is impossible to achieve without complementing your exercise plan with a diet plan. Whether you eat three meals a day or six smaller meals a day, here are a few diet hacks to help you get those abs faster.
- If it comes out of a box, stay away: Cut back on all processed food. Bread, refined sugar, alcohol, processed meats should all be replaced with fresh healthy options. If you must have bread, look for multigrain loaves and if you can't drink unsweetened tea, try honey instead of sugar.
- Mix your carbs: Carbs are often misunderstood. Having a completely carb free diet is not good for the body, but you should control your carb intake. Plan your weekly diet in such a way that your carbohydrate intake is cycled by alternating between high, moderate and low carbohydrate diet days. It will also help to plan your carb intake around your workout so that the energy produced is used to fuel your exercise.
- Eat before going out: Parties are not ideal when you're trying to build abs. It is extremely difficult to refuse the bite sized portions of delicious looking yet unhealthy food that surrounds you. Eating a protein rich meal before heading out will make your stomach full and make it easier to control your indulgences.
- Eat slowly: Along with what you eat, the speed at which you eat is also important. Chewing your food not only burns calories but also gives the brain the illusion that you have been eating for long and your stomach is full. Thus the slower you eat, the less you will eat.
- Drink water before a meal: Drinking a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water is a must for every diet. Instead of drinking water after a meal, drink a full glass before eating. This fills up your stomach and makes you feel satiated faster.
- Pre plan: Carrying your lunch to office is a sure shot way of reducing your calorie intake as compared to eating fast food or grabbing something from the office canteen. Keeping a couple of nuts and protein bars handy can also prevent unhealthy snacking.
- Don't shop hungry: If you're in a supermarket and faced with a choice between protein bars and ice cream, it is easier to go for ice cream than protein bar. For this reason, never shop on an empty stomach.
I am having a severe back pain and right leg pain and I am pregnant woman of 8 month running. So give me remedies for this.
Adult hoke breast milk drink karna accha ha ki nehi ha. Jiska brest milk mai piyunga uska STD reports normal ha. Kuch problems hoga kaya? Brest milk pineka benifit kaya ha?Please suggest me.
My doctor has advised regestrone tablets. Please tell me why My periods have been irregular I'm trying for a baby.
Miscarriages are quite common these days. Couples who experience miscarriage have to go through an emotional trauma. They feel frustrated because of doubts and many unanswered questions along with the emotional trauma they face. While some women feel that they are a failure after experiencing a miscarriage, some others feel extremely guilty about it. Therefore, it is very important for couples to know about miscarriage.
Here are the six most frequently asked questions about miscarriage that you must know:
How common is it for a miscarriage to happen?
This is definitely one of the most asked questions about miscarriage. According to most doctors, miscarriage is quite common. Unfortunately, one in four pregnancies can end in miscarriage. Therefore, everyone knows someone who has suffered a miscarriage.
What can be the symptoms of miscarriage?
This is the 2nd most common question asked about miscarriage. The symptoms of miscarriage vary from person to person. For most women, the symptoms noticed are bleeding and pain. As the pregnancy advances, more pain and more bleeding are noticed. The pains are similar to extremely bad menstrual cramps. However, doctors also agree that if a woman experiences some bleeding, it doesn’t always imply that a miscarriage can happen.
What are the causes of miscarriage?
A woman’s age is linked to miscarriage. If a woman is over 35, the risk of miscarriage rises. This is because cells do not divide properly as women age. The DNA of a man can also play a role in miscarriage.
How do doctors treat miscarriage?
About 75 % of miscarriages occur after the embryo gets embedded into the uterus. No treatment is required for this kind of miscarriage. Most miscarriages happen during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. These miscarriages can be resolved through medication or surgery. The miscarriages that occur after the 12 weeks can be extremely traumatic for women.
What is the biggest misconception of miscarriage?
The most common misconception of miscarriage is that it can happen due to activities like exercise and sex.
What can be done to prevent a miscarriage?
People often ask this question to their doctors. Although there is no particular way to prevent a miscarriage, people should maintain a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy. Obesity, smoking and drug use can enhance the risk of miscarriage, and hence they should be avoided.
Aforementioned are the six most asked questions about miscarriage. You should always talk to a doctor, if you face any complications or problems during pregnancy. It is important to clear your doubts about miscarriage. You should also try your best to maintain a healthy lifestyle.