Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarala Shetty
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarala ShettyYour feedback matters!
I have pcos. I had miscarriage 3 months before. I have not gone for d and c. Now I got my period after three months after that and still on eating medronorm tablet. Now what should I do .what treatment does doctor give so that I can quickly conceive.
Last week I had sex with a married women with any protection for about 3 minutes. Do I need to fear from any disease? Please reply to it it's very important. Is there any chances of happening STD disease? Please reply to this question as soon as possible.
I am 27 years old female, am getting very bad dreams, and I feel that they are really happened to me in real and suffering very badly. Pls help me with this.
Hi I got my periods 9 days ago and till date I am bleeding. I have no idea why is this happening its more than a week now. It makes me irritated and a lot weak. Can you advise what shall I do and why is it happening?
I am 30 year old and have one baby girl 1.5 yrs old. From past 6 months m suffering from right shoulder pain. I have consulted my phycian but the pain remains the same. Even though I have taken pain killer it remains the same otherday. Also have used balms like idodex n moov, but that is just for temprory use. Please suggest me the needful. Thanks
Hi madam i want to know Using of dermadew aloe lotion in belly is risky during pregnancy to prevent stretch mark?
Hello doctor .I have pcos from 2 years. I have miscarriage on July 11. Till I didn't get periods. But now my urine test is positive. Without knowing I am I pregnant. I took primolut n tablets from 17 August to 20 August .I consult gynecologist. She has given naturogest 200 tablet and folic acid tablets. My problem and tension is I have taken primolut n tablets .now its positive. Last month itself I had miscarriage .Do primolut and harm baby ?Do naturogest 200 helps in preventing miscarriage. Trying for baby from a year. What care should I take to to don't harm baby. please explain me in detail. please tell precautions to care baby. please help me doctor. Explain me in detail. Do naturogest 200 helps in pregnancy. Do primolut n harm baby. please help me doctor.
In simple language, Hemorrhage is when the blood escapes from veins or blood vessels. This escape may happen because of various reasons like, for example, injury, low platelet count, threatened abortion, piles (Hemorrhoids), cancer, surgery, liver disease, brain trauma, acute bronchitis, menstrual problem and so on.
Types of Hemorrhage:
As a matter of fact, Hemorrhage is grouped into several categories. Hemorrhage can occur post surgery, and such a Hemorrhage is called as postoperative Hemorrhage. Similarly, for various reasons Hemorrhage can occur from the artery (Arterial Hemorrhage), vein (Venous Hemorrhage) or capillary (Capillary Hemorrhage). If Hemorrhage happens because of an injury, it is called primary Hemorrhage.
Other types of Hemorrhage are delayed bleeding post injury (Reactionary Hemorrhage), bleeding following childbirth (Postpartum Hemorrhage), delay in bleeding following Sepsis popularly called as septic (Secondary Hemorrhage), bleeding from urine (Haematuria), bleeding while coughing (Hemoptysis) and bleeding caused in the stomach (Hematemesis).
Further, Hemorrhage can be broadly classified into two namely internal and external:
- It would be needless to mention that excessive bleeding may lead to several complications. It can result in organ failure and there are instances that excessive bleeding can be fatal. On the other hand, blood loss can be external or visible Hemorrhage like those caused during an injury. There are also instances of blood loss occurring internally in which case the patient may notice blood either in the urine or stools, vagina or while coughing or through the nostrils or even from the mouth. In such cases, the patient should be rushed to a doctor who after careful examination, and tests would be able to identify the causes of the internal bleeding.
- In case of external bleeding or external Hemorrhage like those caused due to an injury, you may provide the necessary first aid. When the bleeding is noticed, do not get alarmed and also try to keep the patient calm. Hemorrhage caused due to external injury would normally stop within one or two minutes. However, if the bleeding persists even after two or three minutes, such cases would require medical attention, and therefore, you should rush the patient to the doctor at the earliest.
There are several remedies to tackle the problem of Hemorrhage. Some of the normal procedures followed are IV fluid, oxygen, administering medicines like vitamin B12 and so on. In complicated cases, the physician may suggest bone marrow surgical procedure, Endogenous EPO or such other procedures. If Hemorrhage is left unattended, it can result in several complications. Therefore, you should rush the patient to the physician urgently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Tiredness isn't just a result of working too hard. Tiredness or fatigue can be described as a lack of energy, motivation and can be physical, mental or a combination of both. Tiredness is often a symptom of a much larger health issue such as Anemia, Diabetes, Thyroid disease or heart diseases. Some of the common causes of fatigue are:
- Lack of sleep: Fatigue is one of the first symptoms of sleep deprivation. A minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep is needed on daily basis to keep a person healthy. Quality of sleep also plays a major role here. Patients of sleep apnea also commonly show signs of fatigue.
- Bad diet: A balanced diet helps you maintain your weight and keeps you energized. Eating a lot of junk food can make your blood sugar level fluctuate. When the sugar level drop below normal, the person is likely to feel tired and drained out.
- Anemia: Anemia is a condition where the body suffers from a lack of iron. Without enough iron the red blood cells in blood cannot carry oxygen to all parts of the body. This makes the heart work faster to pump blood and can make you tire easily.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is said to wake the system up and boost energy levels. However, like sugar, caffeine make energy levels fluctuate. As the level of caffeine in the body reduces, the person will begin to feel tired. Not drinking enough water along with your coffee can worsen this situation.
- Dehydration: Water is necessary not only to keep the body hydrated, but also to keep it energized. This is because the loss of fluid in the body can result in lowering the blood volume. This makes the heart work harder to pump oxygen to the brain and other parts of the body.
Fatigue is often not diagnosed till very late. There are many reasons for this. Primary amongst these are:
- Age: We assume that we are feeling tired only because we are growing older. However, the cause of fatigue may have nothing to do with age.
- Gradual onset: We are often not aware of how tired we are until we reach a point where we are completely drained out. Fatigue has a very gradual onset and is rarely noticed in the early stages.
- Misinterpretation: Complaints of feeling tired are often mistaken for lack of motivation and laziness.
The easiest way to prevent fatigue is to maintain a regular waking and sleeping schedule and to eat a healthy diet. Also, try and be physically more active.
- Missed Period or Late Period: The clearest indication of pregnancy is a missed period. However, a missed period doesn't always mean you are pregnant. If your period is late when your menstrual cycle is quite regular, it might be an indication of pregnancy.
- Swollen breasts: Soreness or shivering in your breasts is one of pregnancy's most basic symptoms. Right on time in pregnancy, the breasts will round out and change shape as they get ready to deliver milk.
- Nausea: Nausea is among one of the most well known symptoms of pregnancy. It's brought about by an increase in the hormone levels. Almost 80 percent of women experience "morning sickness" during the initial three months of pregnancy. For some, this sickness is not just confined to the mornings and may take place throughout the entire day.
- Spotting: After 5 to 10 days of conceiving, light spotting might be found when the embryo implants itself in t"he uterus.
- Enhanced Urine Frequency: If you're pregnant, your uterus puts pressure directly on the bladder prompting more urination. The additional weight and intestinal changes may bring about a blockage.
- Fatigue: Women feel exceptionally tired and drained during pregnancy. Fatigue is one of the primary indications of pregnancy.
- Mood Swings: Avid emotional mood swings occur in women during pregnancy. If your temper is always fluctuating or going up and down, it may be an indication that you might be pregnant.
- Enhanced Sensitivity to Smell: Women during pregnancy develop an enhanced smell sensitivity. Any common or normal smell may seem to be intense and long lasting. This is a genuine signal.
- Darkening of the areolas: Areolas are the circles around your nipples. During pregnancy, due to increased hormone secretion, the areolas become dark and wide. This is a common indication.
- Enhanced Craving For Food: Pregnancy increases the drive for food craving in women. Pregnant women find themselves consuming a huge amount of food, which is abnormal.
- Headache: Headaches due to migraine increase during pregnancy. This is more common during early pregnancy.
- Strange Metallic Taste In The Mouth: Some women may feel an odd metallic taste in their mouth, which may signify pregnancy.
- Constipation: Added pressure on the kidneys and bladder may lead to constipation in pregnant women. This is another indication.
These are some common signs, which may imply that you are pregnant, and should take a pregnancy test soon. For more information, visit your doctor.