Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santosh S
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh SYour feedback matters!
I am a 28 years old I have sinusitis problem. Please suggest any medicine for it. I am suffering from headache, redness & pain in eye, tooth&neck due to sinusitis.
I am a 18 years old female I am constantly fainting from many days I tried a lot of pills but they are not working. What should I do? I have my exams coming in a weeks time?
I have sinus problem in my nose. It's hurting me la lot and I can't breath properly I can't sleep well give me a solutions to back normal to my life.
Repeatedly I am effecting with Sore Throat infection, I went to doctor he gave medicine, with that medicine I am getting relief for 2-3 days only, again its getting infecting so please suggest me for complete relief.
Is mesenteric lymphadenopathy is a cancer? My friend had got a report of his ultrasound and the report noted the multiple enlarged, non narcotic, mesenteric lymph nodes nd largest one is of 14×8 mm.
Causes, symptoms and Treatment of Paranasal Sinuses
Hello, I’m Dr. Harmeet Singh Pasricha. I’m a senior ENT consultant practicing in Gurgaon. I graduated from the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, and I did my specialization from New Delhi. Since 2010 I’ve been practicing in Gurgaon. I have my own clinic, Dr. Pasricha’s ENT and Eye Care Centre, Old Jail Land Complex, Sohna Adda, Gurgaon. And I also practice at Columbia Asia Hospital Palam Vihar, Gurgaon. So today I will be talking about nose paranasal sinuses, and allergies associated with it, and the diseases associated with nasal sinuses, specially the nasal polyps. So nose is one of the sense organs of our body. It is responsible for the sense of smell for patients. And it also plays a major role in the facial appearance, aesthetics of the patient person’s face. So the sinuses are hollow spaces inside the bones of the face around the nose. See this is the normal anatomy of the sinuses.
Cheekbones are hollow, which has got sinuses, and other also bones in the forehead contain the sinuses. These sinuses are normal structures of the body, and they’re connected to the nose through small air passages. Because of allergies and inflammation, then these connections of the openings of the sinuses of the nose get blocked, then the patient gets problems like sinusitis. And other problems associated with this are kind of allergies nasal polyps, which are overgrowth of the mucosa of the lining of the sinuses.
These days these are medically treated as allergies if development of polyps is there. Then we have to go in for endoscopic sinus surgeries for removal of these sinuses. So with the development of the endoscope, there is no cut outside on the skin, everything is done through endoscope in the operation theatre, through the nose. And we can clear the polyps, and the sinus can be treated with this condition. And medical management also has to be done after the surgery, and most important is the endoscopic follow-up in the OPT, every 6 months after the sinus surgery, to prevent any recurrence of the disease, and to check for requirement of any surgeries later on.
So for anything detail regarding this you can contact me at my clinic at Columbia Asia Hospital Palam Vihar, or you can even contact me online through Lybrate. Thank you.
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.