Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SantoshYour feedback matters!
I have sinus problem from last three years. So pls tell me what could be possible treatment whether in allopathy, homeopathy or Ayurveda.
How to make throat clean as it has become sore due to lots of shouting at school cz i'm teacher by profession.
I suffer from this problem at least 2-3 times a year. It get okay after various medications. I have done homeopath for almost 2years. This it is almost 2 months. Symptoms: I have irritation at the throat which causes me to cough erratically. Only right side if throat is sore and pains and even right nerve on the neck bloats when coughing. Eyes water mainly right, face turns red many a time leaky nose, sneezing and below eye circles on the cheeks pigmentation appears. Eye sockets and cheeks pain on being pressed. I try to avoid sour food, special vinegar raw or ripe mango and tamarind. Since the problem has increased in these last 3 eayrs. Earlier I would suffer cold cough pharyngitis, other ailments. Just finished course of antibiotic given by fly doc. And ent given moxcip 400mg solving & cortimax 6mg after finishing these also no relief in cough. What are the medicines should take for this sought of which I get with irritation at the throat. Discharge from mouth and nose.
I am 66 years old, I am practicing Veda, my voice is not louder and melodies. Partly because I had an accident in 1998, 18 years back, I was in comma for more than 20 days and food was administrated thru food pipe and the chords had become stiff, voice has improved over 18 years, still not loud and melodies to Veda. Consulted various ENT doctors, they have throat scope vedio test and advised breathing exercises. Is there any other treatment possible? Or Any herbal medication possible?
I get cold, cough and throat infection in changing weather. My doctor gives me an antibiotic (Cefixime and azithromycin) 250 mg. Medicine name is pace 250. Now when I got to know that these are not good for long term. I try not to take these but normal medicines don't help me now in getting relief. What should I do now so I don't need these antibiotics. Please suggest. Thank you.
I am suffering from ENT problems just like throat pain, cold, cough so what medicine you suggest for me.
I had accident 3 months ago, in that a small crack in my nose. I also got treatment but now my nose look so bad. what should I do please help me?
M 27, I smoke once daily, m suffering from nose blockage, and my throat pains sometimes, nose block is a daily issue for me, I m not able to sleep in ac because my nose gets blocked.
I am 24 year male. I have a problem that bone of my nose is increased as I concern with doctor he saying it is cutted down by operation. Is there any other way for this problem? Guide me Regards Sumit verma.
Mein 26 saal ka hu aaj mujhey chakkar aake kirgaya doctor ne bataiya blood pressure low hogaya. Mujhey kya karna chahiye please salah dijiye.
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies.
I am 29 years old girl. The problem is that hear is fallen in some portion of my head and the area becomes baldness. I am very much tensed so doctor what should I do?
Sometime, she starts feeling severe pain in one of her ear. It seemed that she also had some cough. What is the quickest treatment available to pacify the pain (when it happens late at nights). And what are reasons for this? How can it be prevented?
I'm 22 years old male person. I recently felt down twice. But I don't know the reason. I felt down after wakeup from sleep. Second time when I felt down I got injured to my head. I attended all tests what doctors suggested to me but everything is normal only. Please suggest me sir.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
I have a problem with my teeth gum. Once I check my mouth my gum is behind my teeth ang thats ok. But on the other side my gum cover hal of my teeth and I mostly have headache. Feels like the veins above my ear.
Once I got beating on my ears badly with my father. After 1 month I started listening some sound when I close and open my eyes in ears. Is that something happened in my ears. What should I do. Tell me if this is a problem in future.
One of my nostrils always remain blocked especially when I lie down. My nostrils start itching badly if I go in dust or have anything cold. I start to sneeze more frequently. Please suggest.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is among the common causes of vertigo. It is the sudden sensation of the spinning of your head which occurs with the change of position of your head. It is a disorder of the inner ear. It occurs when calcium carbonate crystals accumulate in large numbers in any one of the ear canals and stimulate abnormal fluid movement in the inner ear. This sends false signals of head movement to the brain. This can also crop up post head injury. Rolling over the bed or quick head movements like when sitting up in bed can also trigger this condition.
The common symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo are as follows:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may be treated in the following manner:
- Medication to get relief from the spinning of your head.
- Epley's Maneuver involves transportation of the calcium particles to a different part of the ear which will no longer cause any problems.
- Brandt-Daroff exercises.
- Sometimes watchful waiting can help a person to recover without having to undergo any other treatment but it is a long process and often involves risk factors.
- Surgery: This option is used rarely when other treatments fail.
A very important thing to remember is that vertigo can lead to falls and driving should be avoided. The patient will need support during an episode to avoid injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.