Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Santhosh Velu. P. VYour feedback matters!
I'm 32 years old adult. I had sinus earlier and I was also allergic to allergens and dust particles, but that has been cured almost 5 years back. But, from last week I'm getting cold and sneezing very frequently. I'm having a feeling that Is my Sinus back? What should I do?
I had sudden hearing loss about 6 yrs back. 80% loss in left ear and 25% loss in right year. Dr advised to do carbogen therapy 3 times, which I did and no improvement in hearing could be observed. Dr could not tell the reason or did not bother to find out the exact reason for the sudden hearing loss. He said it can be blood circulation problem. As per his advise, I took medicine for 3 months and stopped. Later as per advise of my family Dr, I did blood test for Vitamin B12 and found it low. Took medicine and stopped when it became normal. Since last 2 years, I have vertigo problem. I consulted another ENT Dr and as advised by him, I did MRI of head and nothing wrong was found. Now the frequency and severeness of vertigo has come down. I am taking Vertin 16 mg since last some months. I would like to know whether the sudden hearing loss and vertigo later on are due to blood circulation problem or anything else.
My mother aged 47 yrs, suffering from giddiness for the last one week while walking. Taking VERTIN 16 mg twice. Even then no improvement? Can you explain the cause of it and for further guidance pl? Thank u.
I had sudden hearing loss in left ear one month ago, I have been taking Medrol 16 mg (3 times a day) for 25 days, along with Verbet 16 mg (3 times, Nerverich, Anti-O, Cetirizine 10 mg (OD) tablets. I had severe Skin Rash (non - itching) on whole body after taking tablet for 20 days. My consultant Dr. stopped Verbet ,Anti-O and reduced the Medrol 16 mg intake to Medrol 8 mg OD. I took Medrol 8 mg for three more days along with with Nerverich and Cetirizine tablets. But as my skin rash continued to grow, I stopped taking these tablets too. And now I find that my rashes are lessening but now they itch. 1. Will stop of Medrol cause any effect? Will its stoppage rebounce the hearing loss 2. Can I take Verbet 16 mg alone as my ear hasn't fully recovered (hearing ability recovered by 60-65%) and I still have Ringing sound problem, it rings 24 hours? Can hearing loss and Tinnitus be fully cured? 3- Treatment of skin rash, will it go away naturally in some days? please help me. Thanks.
What are symptoms of sinus. Nd there is any treatment of this disease or not. Will you answer to all my questions.?
I have throat pain since last 4 months, though I have consulted several doctors nothing came. Please suggest what should I do.
Dear Dr. During flight sometimes I feel motion sickness leading few second unconscious, feel sweat after become normal why this happen? what remedy?
Hey my one of the friend is suffering from viral fever and he is admitted in hospital He is having sore in throat. His nose is always full with blood. He is patient please solve.
Hi Good Day to you, I met with an accident 5 days back, where I got a head injury, just one inch above my right fore head with 4 staples on the cut. My my injury is getting healed well with regular dressing. I have few symptoms, I doubt it's normal or should take it further. 1. If I'm bending down, I feel dizzy and uncomfortable. 2. My left eye has a slight blurred vision. 3. I could only do work slowly. If I have to do something in a hurry, I feel uneasiness with headache. Kindly advise, are these symptoms in normal recovery or anything abnormal?
I am a sinus patient, I suffer with cold, fever in every rainy and winter season, how to get rid of this.
Before few days I was admitted in hospital. They did all reports blood. ECG. Chest X-ray. Brain scan. Etc. As I felt too dizzy in morn. And then final report came of VERTIGO effect. What is the best solution for it. In allopathy. And Ayurvedic. I have been gvn an 8 mg med for 5 days. N 2 times a day Please advice.
Hi One month Se mere gala mie halka sa dard hie or gale kharish hie jab mie sass lyta hu tyo gala shukha sa lagta hie mene doctor ko b dikhay th uno ny mujh levocetirizine tablets ip 5 mg di ti mujh 10 days hogy tablet lyty lykin abi tak gala tik nahi hua ples ap koi suggestions dijye.
I did not do any sexual types jus kissing and woman who was hiv -ve did oral sex with my dick so can any problem cause m very much tense and my throat having some small like a pin tip point sore so what is it?
Can earphone cause any damage to ear? Also sharing of earphones with other cause any infection or damage to ears?
I am a 13 year old boy. I have tonsil keratosis from about 2 months and its increasing. Due to this I have a bad breath. My throat pains sometimes. It also bleeds. What should I do?
I am suffering from nose bleeding particularly during winters. What should I do? prescribe me some medicine.
Dizziness or vertigo is a feeling of being off centre, which makes a patient feel like there is lack of balance. This is especially apparent when one is at a height or while wearing footwear with high heels. It may be caused due to a variety of causes, and ear problems are one of the primary causes of this kind of dizziness.
Let us take a look at the various ear problems and how they can cause dizziness or vertigo:
- Infection: The bacteria or virus that causes cold and loose motions can also cause an ear infection. This can give rise to temporary vertigo which may last up to six weeks or more. Dizziness or vertigo happens in such cases because the viral effect spreads to the inner ear which causes a ringing and off balance sensation. The general physician or ENT specialist will usually prescribe a round of medicines only if the condition becomes too severe to handle.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: This kind of dizziness is also known as BPPV and may be caused due to the motion of a calcium particle known as otolith, in the ear. This can cause a fluttering movement that gives the sensation of falling down or losing balance. This usually takes place in the part of the ear that catches the sensation of gravity. The movement of the otolith can make the patient feel as if his or her head is turning or swaying, while in reality the patient may be stationery. This problem can be fixed with the help of a two minute therapy known as Epley Manoeuvre, which can be conducted easily in the ENT specialist's clinic.
- Meniere's Disease: There is actually a specific condition that is characterised primarily by dizzy spells and vertigo. The other symptoms of this ear bone condition include ringing of the ears, loss of hearing, and the feeling of fullness or pressure build up in the ears. This can be fixed with therapy and drugs as well as hearing loss aids.
- Dandy's Syndrome: This is an ear condition where the patient constantly feels like he or she is bouncing up and down. This condition hits patients who are on antibiotic medication for any kind of infection, and it subsides once the medication is done with. It occurs in such cases because certain kinds of antibiotics may be toxic for the ear. One may also see natural improvement in the condition over the passage of time.
- Tumours: Other reasons like tumours and strokes can also cause vertigo on a temporary or permanent basis.
Dizziness due to ear problems can be due to a number of mild to severe reasons. It is best to get these causes checked.