Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
I feel nasal cycles, like at one time I can breath with one nasal hole only, holes keep changing automatically, is it normal?
Presently I am suffering from sinus cold ,nose is blocked. I don't know why my ears get blocked both side and this happens to me first time. What should I do now?
I'm 45 years old male. I got an injection for small throat problem seven weeks back. IN the third week after that I got intermittent raise in body temperature especially in the evenings for four days. On 23 rd day I noticed a pea nut sized round pimple like thing on my penile ring.(no itch, no pain). It became small within a day and vanished in one week. During the fifth week I got anxious and sleepless and got fatigue in day time. On 42nd day I noticed some rashes about 10 nos at the center of my chest (no itch no pain. They vanished in three days. I doubt the rashes might be present earlier as I couldn't notice due to the hairs in my chest. Are the above indicate symptoms of HIV ARS? (I ask this because I doubt the use unclean syringe during my injection)
In 2009 I suffered from bells palsy n it took 1 month to get cure. Since 2 days my left eyebrow is twitching and today mild pain started in my left ear is it normal or again major prblm. M worried !
Thanks to the wonderfull doctors here in lybrate group! my wife is having a tiny hole in ear drum, please advise is she has to go for operation or any home treatment will do. Also advise what all she has to avoid? thank you.
I am having vertigo since last 6 months. I have gone through several tests. Those reports say that I have early meniere's disease. What should I do?
I am 49 years old Male, having a serious issue with my left ear of blockage and a sharp continue whistling sound. I had consulted doctors and did few hearing tests, they say I have to go for internal ear surgery and bone to be fixed. This could lead 100% hearing loss as a nerve may get damage during operation. Also they shared that operation success rate is not near to 100%. I have lost my confidence due to sleepless nights that is effecting my work as well. For me it looks like Tinnitus disease as symptoms matches over Internet. Please suggest if I can get rid from a sharp continue whistling sound. Thanks.
I have sinus problem over 6 year and I did my operation also but again and again this problem occur what can I do?
Having throat pain, had slept next to window by keeping the windows open, unable to swallow saliva, meeting pain while drinking water.
I observed intermittent swelling on my left side throat. When I had a checkup, I was told that there is a problem with gland responsible for saliva secretion. It secretes saliva but couldn' t excrete it & hence its getting swollen whenever I taste something. Is this normal? what would be the cause & solution? I do not having smoking/drinking habits
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm.