Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Santhosh K AYour feedback matters!
Asthma is a condition that can flare up anytime; be it at your child's soccer practice or during the middle of the night. Whenever the condition sets in, it leads to your child struggling for breath. For a parent to witness this situation can be hard; but you should know the techniques to keep the situation under control.
Here are a few tips on how to manage the situation:
1. Find out the triggers in your home: Asthma is triggered due to substances that your child may be allergic to. Examples are cigarette smoke, fur of pets and dust. If possible, keep your child away from the known triggers so that the condition does not flare up again.
2. Keep records of the following: It is good to have an action plan ready for your child when the bouts of asthma strike. When you visit the doctor to discuss about your child's condition then make sure that you have these records at hand.
- The triggers that caused the bout of asthma
- How many times did your child have wheezing episodes?
- The number of times your child has been admitted for the same reason
- The medications that your child is currently taking, dosage and/or whether they have been changed
- How often does he/she need medications if he/she has acute symptoms?
3. Knowledge of the test your child may require: Asthma control test is a type of test that allows parents and children to grade asthma symptoms without a doctor. A pulmonary function test is used to detect the capacity of the lungs and flow of air.
4. See how your child responds to the treatments: You should consider changing the treatments for your child if he/she has recurrent symptoms of asthma attack and require frequent visits to the Emergency Room even after taking medications for an extended duration.
5. Long term treatment plans require patience: Any asthma treatment plan requires patience as they might not immediately cure symptoms. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Here are symptoms, reasons and management of ADD and ADHD.
Hi my Dr Priyanka Srivastava doctor at lybrate. Today lets understand the concept of Hyperactivity in children.
This hyper activity as we say that it says attention deficit disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. So in its normal for children to occasionally forget their homework, daydreaming during the class, frigidity during the dining table and act without thinking. So these attentive impulsivity and hyperactivity are all the science of ADD which get effects the child's ability to learn and get along with others. So let's address this problem by recognising its signs and symptoms. The signs and symptoms of ADD or ADHD typically appear before the age of 7. However at times it can be difficult to distinguish between a normal behaviour and ADD child.
What are the signs and symptoms of a ADD child.
- Number one is the child who cannot sit still are having the symptoms of ADD.
- Number two is who never seem to listen. When the child is never seem to listen.
- Thirdly is the children who do not follow the instructions, no matter how clearly you present them.
- Fourth who blurred out inappropriates comments at inappropriate timings.
- Fifthly is who tend to be moody and overreact emotionally.
- Sixthly, Sometimes these children are labelled as troublemakers or criticized for being lazy and indisciplined.
- Seventhly, they were stuck to you as disrespectful, weird or needy. So these are all signs and symptoms of ADD or ADHD. So it is a time for the parents to take a call and to consult a psychologist.
What are the reasons behind ADD.
- Number one, whenever there is a learning disabilities our problems with reading writing Motor skills all language In a child.
- Number 2 is any traumatic experiences in their life.
- Number 3 is psychological disorders which include anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder.
- Number four is behaviour disorder such as conduct disorders.
- Number 5 is when there are medical conditions including thyroid problems, neurological conditions, sleep disorders and so on.
Apart from all these things, there are certain positive traits with ADD children. ADD children are usually very creative children. ADD children are very flexible to the social environment. Number 3 is there enthusiastic and spontaneous to the action. Number 4 is they have a high energy drive to take on their life situations. ADD is not related to intelligence as it is far away from that because many ADD children are far more intelligent than others. Now what are the parenting trip to that need to be followed to manage this type of a children. Effective parenting we mean it's not the bad behaviour of the parent but it is an effective behaviour from the parents to the child. It requires open communication from the child towards parents. It requires more structuring. Parents it requires more love and affection from the parent to the child.
If all these been given during the parenting an ADD child can overcome with this issue of the problem if you are wanting to concern more in detail about this type of any issues related to the children you can consult me online and offline through lybrate.
My son age is 7 month, during morning time we feed Lactodex2 for feeding but he not taking interest to eat, please suggest me another option.
My son is 2 months and 20 days we had given him the necessary vaccination but one vaccine is not given to him which is called as PCV? Can some one help me to know wht is that? Is it mandate to give him as it is not available in govt. Hospitals also.
My baby has loose motions. Giving antibiotics as the doctor said he has stomach infection. But it's not stopping. What can we do.
My 2.5 mnth old son is suffering from stomach pblm. On doctors advice we are giving him flagyl 200 mg/5 ml and azithral. But in morning on an empty stomach after drinking water he gets vomiting. Pls help.
My child have flu problem for last one week he is 3 years old his running nose vomiting stomach problem chest problem What should I do?
Baby child is 3 months old and her mother's milk production is very low there is no other option than to put him on Nan pro the child is crying due to abdominal pains for the last 2 months. What shall we do?
My daughter is 2 and half months now. She is. Passing stools from last two weeks in a watery way. And it happens as soon as I feed her. Coming along with a fart. She is only on breast feeding. She s not sleeping in the day time after this. Am not eating anything from outside. Only diet from home. Kindly guide.
Dear sir, I have few question about this ,as below- 1.what should be quantity of health in milk? 2. Can we use in whole year or only in winter? 3. What will be age of person who can take this ,can 1 year old child take it? Hope for reply.
My son is ten years old. But his weight is22 and height is30 CM. I want. To know why he is not growing according. To his age group.
My daughter's age is 3 and half years. She has constipation problem after every 2 or 3 days.What can i do?
My baby is 15 days old his food is nanpro 1, he is bit constipated, what to do. Any extra supplement is required?
My 1.9 year daughter don't have control on potty and susu. She never tells before. we have told in a nice way many times but of no use. Please Help.
Bed Wetting is a phenomenon in which a child urinates, involuntarily, on bed when fast asleep at night.
A. The Secret Problem
A child gains bladder control at night, but it varies with age. After attaining the age of five, 15% of the children continue bed wetting and after the age of 10, only 5% are found to be still bed wetting. The incidences of bed wetting in boys are twice as compared to girls. Bed wetting can often lead to extreme embarrassment and social awkwardness for the parents. For parents to deal with such inevitable child problems, they must know the causes that lead to bed wetting.
B. The Bedwetting Gene
Your own DNA may be the chief contributor to your child’s bed wetting; research states that in 75 percent of the cases, this problem is found to be hereditary. However, parents should deal with this problem with sensibility and sensitivity, so as not to alienate their children in any way.
- Delayed Bladder Maturation: In such cases, the communication between the bladder and the brain is delayed.
- Lower Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): Inadequate secretion of such hormones causes the kidneys to produce lesser urine during the day, thus increasing chances of bed wetting at night.
- Deep Sleeping: With deep sleeping, the brain fails to get the signal that the bladder may be full.
- Constipation: With constipation, the problem is that there may be uncontrolled contraction of bladder due to the bowels being full all the time.
When is it a concern?
There is nothing wrong with bedwetting during childhood, especially when the child is less than 2 years of age. However, it might be a concern if the child happens to gain bladder control at night but the condition relapses. Also, if psychological stress happens to be at the root of the child’s bedwetting, it could be considered to be a cause for concern.
Homeopathic treatment for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy is a very effective natural treatment for enuresis. The homeopathic remedies for bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the medicines should be completely safe. Homeopathic remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by millions of patients all over the world over the last 2 centuries.
5 Best Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy has been found to be very successful in treating bedwetting. The aim of Homeopathy is to strengthen the nervous system of the body. This allows the child to gain control over the urinary bladder. The same child who had been urinating in the bed for years is able to keep the bed dry within a matter of a couple of weeks. Homeopathy offers the best way of treating bedwetting. The embarrassment of the child as well as the parents vanishes quickly like magic. Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting that help in working this magic-
- Acid Phos
It is important to mention here that the above mentioned 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting are by no means the only medicines for bedwetting. There are many other medicines that are also used to cure enuresis. The exact selection of the right medicine depends upon the detailed symptoms of each individual patient. So, it always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before going for any medication.
- Ensure that your child urinates right before hitting the bed.
- Limit your child’s fluid intake after having a thorough discussion with the doctor.
- Set an alarm for the child to wake up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Bladder stretching exercises increase the bladder’s capacity and thus the quantum of urine that can be held by the child’s bladder.
- Medications, as would be prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Use a plastic sheet over the bed.
- And finally, don’t panic. Usually, the problem resolves on its own.