Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjukta Acharya
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Kidney Disease
Treatment of Frequent Urination Problems
Kidney Dialysis Treatment
Treatment of Fluid Retention
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Treatment of Kidney Diseases
Treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Nephropathy
Treatment of Nephrolithiasis
Treatment of Nephronophthisis
Treatment of Bartter Syndrome
Treatment of Renal Agenesis
Treatment of Alport Syndrome
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjukta AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I am male 52 years old. Blood sugar normal. Uric acid in control. But my creatinine level is 1.12. How can I control this level. please advice.
I have a digestion problem, and feeling lazy most of the time and there is also a urine problem with me after half an hour of drinking water, I have to go for urine discharge. Pls suggest me the solution of these problems.
Just below my belly button on the left side it hurts a little when I want to poop, sometimes it hurt when I want to pee alot, also my anus hurt a little when I'm pushing the stool, when this pain occurs it feels like I have to poop and then I go and poop, the stool is little soft, what could be the reason. (It only hurts when I want to poop or pee sometimes) sometimes I cart when the pain occurs.
Hello I had the stone in lower ureter and the some part of stone dissolved in urine and pass it through urine with light coffee colour urine. Now after that I have the problem that I always fell that the a urine pressure at only my penis mouth and also go for urine a large number of time as compare to normal. And urine pass out also not have any pain. The problem is only a urine pressure at penis mouth. Kindly suggest me.
My daughter is 15 years old. Still in sleep at night time she pass urine on bed. Pl suggest some medicine.
I use kera xl hair serum last 6 months but last three days I have no morning woods and toilet mai jalan bhi. I am in tension after reading on google. Please suggest what I do.
Hi doctor, I want to increase my height my height is 5.5 so can you suggest me to how to improve my height. And when I hang to any rod getting pain in spinal cord and in kidney. so please reply.
There is a slight irritation in the urinal passage since past few weeks. Already tried lots of water and lemon shots. Any other solution?
I have 11mm kidney stone in my right side what should I do please consult me that I do operation or it is clear by Ayurvedic medicines.
I AM a 22 year boy. For recent days I have yellowish colour in my urine and body become weak. I don't have hungry and any wish for eating any type of food. What should I do?
My age is 24. I have urethritis (urethra infection) for last 2 months. I feel burning irritation in urethra but I have not sex yet. I feel some time unable to erect but after touching figure on penis I got hard erection. But I have no morning erection from last 2 months. Can it is due to urethritis?
I am 25 years old male. I am a patient of ADPKD. Few months ago I had suffered from protieneura and got well from steroids now am ok but for few days m suffering from heavy gastric and acidity. So please advice me medication.
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.