Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjiv RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old male and I am suffering from piles. Please described the restrictions about food and exercise.
One of the most repulsive and problematic skin disorders, angular cheilitis is known to cause a lot of irritation. Cheilitis is usually a condition that refers to the inflammation of the lip on account of certain allergies and infections. When it takes place on the edges of the mouth, it is termed as angular cheilitis. It is similar to an extreme chapping of the lips, only more painful and unsightly. Some of the cheilitis start as cold sores and lead to the cracking or splitting of the skin. On certain severe conditions, the cheilitis may also end up bleeding. While cheilitis is not a contagious disease, it often spreads to the other parts of the body, magnifying the discomfort. Cheilitis vary from minor to chronic proportions. The usual treatments for angular cheilitis entail applying lip balm and chap-sticks. For acute conditions, one may seek medical advice.
Angular Cheilitis may take place in any unsuspecting individual. One of the primary causes of this condition is germ intrusion. Contact with the dribble of saliva triggers this condition. While among other causes, contamination by bacteria, yeasts and viruses are prominent factors. The commissures often also indicate a weak immunity system especially iron deficiency. It is known to be more frequently occurring in people with sensitive skin. Certain genetic predispositions like a history of eczema and Down syndrome may act as catalysts.
For minor cheilitis, the most obvious complaint could be cited as difficulty in opening one's mouth. However, for more serious conditions, onset of blisters, rashes and fissures are fairly common. Dermatologists usually recommend nutritional supplements as palliative care for angular cheilitis. Over and above that, for immediate relief, one can try keeping the commissure covered in a thick layer of ointment or lip balm. Antiseptic creams and antifungal medicines are also prescribed to counter the effects of angular cheilitis. On certain occasions, one may also resort to filler injections to cover up the commissures.
I am 5 months pregnant. I have low BP 65/107. I am feeling dizzy while changing my position. What should I do?
Every day when I'm usually eat my nose starts flowing. It should take seriously? This problem has grown over the last 3-4 months. What could be the solution?
Few days before I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend if can case I having sex with my wife would it cause hiv to us pls help.
Hello doctor I have the habit of masturbating once in a month. I have my mind full of negative things cause anxiety to know about badthings, still my mind tells you r going in a bad way. My mind always think about sex. I am unmarried 27 years old male. Any opinion. Any relation between masturbation and negative thinking.
So here are the best foods to reduce cholesterol
Have a salmon fish dinner. Snack on a handful of nuts. Pour a dash of olive oil in your salad.
And bite into that sinister chocolate. Now you can do all this guilt-free! All these foods help in fighting bad cholesterol., 'You can reduce cholesterol in your blood by eating healthy foods'. So, here we are today with our list of cholesterol fighting foods.
1) Oats: If you change your morning meal to oats then you can do your cholesterol level a whole lot of good. Do note that two servings of oats can lower LDL cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. Essentially, oats contain a substance called beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol.
2) Red Wine: Here's yet another reason to toast to your health. The red grapes used in the manufacturing of red wine have an important effect on cholesterol levels. Two glasses of red wine in a week can do you a whole lot of good.
3) Salmon and fatty Fish: Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a natural health wonder, which helps in keeping heart conditions such as heart attacks, stroke and high cholesterol levels at bay. Fishes such as salmon, sardines and herring help in raising good cholesterol levels by 4%.
4) Nuts: Mono-unsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds etc.) have the lowest fatty acid molecules and are the best of the three fats, namely poly-saturated fats, saturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats. Nuts are the best way to get those required healthy fats into your body without feeling guilty. Since the fats that come from nuts are natural and are not chemically processed, this makes them heart healthy, filling, and nutritious options.
5) Beans: Excellent for the heart, ½ a cup of beans added in our diet (in the form of any dish or soup), helps in lowering cholesterol levels by 8%. You should try black, kidney, or pinto beans; each one of them supplies about one-third of your day's fiber needs.
6) Tea: Tea has antioxidants and less amounts of caffeine than coffee. An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. Tea helps in protecting your bones because of the presence of phytochemicals in them. It is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels.
7) Chocolate: Chocoholics can celebrate with a healthy dose of dark chocolate as it is full of antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing properties. According to a Spanish study published in 2010 in the "Journal of Hepatology,", "the antioxidants in dark chocolate reduce the damage that can occur to blood vessels, which can further threaten the health of people with cirrhosis. The dark chocolate can help prevent the blood vessels in the liver from rupturing". Medical experts suggest that munching on 100 grams of chocolate every day helps in reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular mishaps by 21 percent.
8) Spinach: Popeye the sailor was quite right when crediting his muscle power to this green leafy vegetable. It is believed that spinach contains around 13 flavonoid compounds which keep us away from cancer, heart diseases and osteoporosis. 1/2 a cup of this lutein-rich food, daily, guards us against heart attacks.
9) Olive oil: This oil has many health benefits. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, without lowering good cholesterol levels. Different stages of pressing and processing yield different varieties of olive oil. Extra virgin , Virgin , Pure , Pomace