Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I'm 21 years old male. I have epilepsy. I'm taking sodium valproate 200 mg from 3 years should I stop taking it or continue it.
Diabetic since 8 years. Blood sugar & glycogenated hb within normal limits. On sitagliptin 100mg o d, metformin 1 gm bd, glimipride 2 mg hs, methcobalamin 1500 micro gms od, pregabalin 150 mg od. I have parasthesia of soles of feet & numbness of soles since a wk. Please advise.
My mum has meningioma at left side of the brain, is this carcinogenic? And does it need a surgery to get cured?
Is there any home medicine for migraine related vertigo. I am having motion sickness when walking and my doctor specified its migraine related vertigo. Is this causes tiredness and bitterness in mouth too? Would like to see if any homeopathy medicine is available for migraine related vertigo.
Is there a Remedy for Paresthesia symptoms on both feet toes and little back in foot both left & right. Had for 22months. Now unbearable. I underwent a Keyhole burrhole surgery & SDH evacuation on head both sides at MIOThospital in 13 th Aug 2013. Still on tinglingsome times burning sensation on both feet have to wear slippers or sandals at home. What is my remedy in Ayurveda medicine & in Ayuveda massages.
MY MOTHER, 54 YEAR HAS A LOT OF HEALTH ISSUES. THEY ARE GASTRIC, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, arthritis, leukemia, WEAKNESS, PILES, migraine, stone, tension. Etc. Any solution for this please tell me.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 8 month I am having all symptom of adrenal or pituitary cancer. Such as numbness and tingling in whole body. Excessive hair growth on whole body even on eyebrows and new hair growth on body. Bone and muscle pain. Reduction in testicle size. Chest and lower abdomen enlargement too much. I am having bp 150/100. And sugar level is decreasing .it is 66 after meals. Earlier I had two ultrasound and one plain MRI of abdomen when I used to have light pain. That time came right renal cortical cust. But now my pain on abdomen is more even on eating and drinking. No gastric issue. And a shooting pain in the left half head of abdomen. At a point on backside. Even on pressing. My vision is also reduced. Which tumour I can have in pituitary or adrenal?
I am working as a medical rep in pharma I am having numbness in my hand & feet from last 1 year, even I am not diabetic , not hypertensive Is this due to hypovitaminosis or other reason or lack of exercise Kindly suggest me suitable medicine.
When I sit on chair for long time my leg freezes When I lying on bed my hand and arm freezes Sometimes while lying on bed I can't use cellphone on that moment very difficult to type I think this is because of low blood pressure or extra body fat This is not normal now days What should I do?
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.