Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. SanjeevYour feedback matters!
my son I having problems of convulsions from this year may month he's taking regular medicines given by doctors, can you pls answer me how much time will he take to recover from this problem.
I am 46 years old male. My weight is 91 kgs and my height is 5ft 11 inches. Over the past 16 years I have suffered from hyperacidity (heartburn) and sleep apnea (snoring). But somebody suggested me to have antacid pills like pantocid. I started taking them since 2004 until 5-6 years back when I limited them to 1-2 tabs a week because of my knee problem. In due course I took to a habbit of 4-5 sachets of rajnigandha sadha paan masaala per day as a stimulant to stay alert during the day. And lately replaced (about 1.5 yrs now) it with sweety pan supaari (15-20 sachets a day). Though having supaari has brought tremendous relief to acidity (now I only take pantocid a tab a week) and also snoring but ever since made urinate quite often during the night. Whenever I try to sleep (even during the day) I get a full bladder feeling frequently and get a disturbed or no sleep (virtually) because of it. I have got my blood sugar checked 2-3 times but they were normal. Sometimes I sweat during the sleep for initial hours. I have a low heamoglobin count 8-10 (varying depending upon the efforts to grow them back). I also have the high tri-glycerides level but my good-bad cholestrol ratio is under control. I try to have omega3 capsules (amway) 2 times a week to counter the cholestrol. I am a regular weekend (fri-sun) alcohol drinker (90 to 150 mls during the drinking day). Currently worried about my sleepless nights due to irritating urine bouts. I got a ultrsound done in feb 14 to check if I have any enlarged prostate but it came out to be -ve with all vital organs working fine. Please suggest what to do.
Hi, My wife aged 32 years lost consciousness and collapsed. No injury happened to head Nd any other parts of the body. But she lost her speech. When consulted doctor he prescribed to take a tablet Deplatt 150 mg in the night. Also he recommended to get MRI scan done for brain. Later when we met with mri reports, he recommended to get other three tests. Carotid and Vertebral Doppler, Lipid profile and Echo Cardiogram. Today when we visited the doctor with reports, came to know that the carotid artery is fully blocked and it can not be unblocked. If its partially blocked, it can be cured with a surgery. He advised to continue the deplatt 150 mg and Rosuvas. Need your advise. Thanks,
my brother had brain hemorrhage in 2003,(when he was just 26 years old) till date he is not able to walk, he can not talk properly, his left side is not working. He can not stand on his own. Please help us.
I gave migraines once a week and my hands start to shivering when it happens it's creating a lot of problem in my daily rehearsals. Please help.
Children should be brought up with utmost care. A child should not be your centre of attraction only because it is incapable to fend for itself, but also because it is not half as aware as you are or could be about its problems. Parents punish their children for the slightest of their mistakes; they at times even threaten children to bring home a lesson. Patience and observation are two key things in good parenting. The foibles of your child might indicate at an underlying medical condition. Instead of fixating over the mistakes try and locate the root cause. Early diagnosis of autism can save your child from a bleak future.
The following are a few symptoms of autism in children:
- Social interaction is a huge challenge: Children suffering from autism are usually noticed to live in a world of their own. They hardly listen to people around them or hardly talk. The presence of many people can scare them or make them conscious. When spoken to, they look away. They do not feel comfortable in revealing their joys or fears. Autistic children like to play alone; they are not interested in group activities with friends.
- Difficulties in communicating their needs: Communication is the biggest problem autistic children seem to face regularly. They are not able to express their needs and emotions. If they are hungry they might scream or break things but not ask for food. They even fail to comprehend instructions and seem confounded by simple situations. Their speech could comprise of mumbling. Autism in children could make them develop a condition popularly known as echolalia under the effect of which they mouth words without knowing their meanings in an extremely strange tone.
- An obsessive, repetitive behavior: Children with autism could be persistent in some of their actions. Their body gestures could be repetitive; for instance, they can continue flapping their arms for hours together. Children in certain cases are also very particular about routine. Quite strikingly, objects affect them and they might scrutinize an object meticulously.
- Sensory problems: Light sound and touch can have a huge impact on children suffering from autism. Patches of light and shade intrigue them whereas high pitched sounds could depress or intimidate them. They usually prefer deep pressure touch and might not respond to anything else.
I am having a severe headache or migraine. I can't sleep even. All I could feel is pain in my head please help.
4 months back doctor prescribed me etizolam .25 to be taken 2 times a day due to office stress and insomnia . After 2 month doctor asked me to have it once a day and I started feeling inter-dose withdrawal symptoms such as feeling hot , digestive issues , acid reflux. Restless legs. Taking a pill at 8 pm at night would settle these issues. Now I have been asked to stop the medication completely and I am getting severe withdrawal effects such as abdominal distention, acidity , restless legs , insomnia, indigestion and restlessness I am frustrated how to deal with this as I have not finding a way to be able to come off this drug. Help would be appreciated.
I am 54 year male and from last 10-15 days I feel numbness and tingling sensation in my right arm till the tip of my fingers. What should I do doc ?
I am suffering from migraine headache from past few years. I got used to pain killers but it dis not work .please suggest me.
I have bell's palsy. One side of my face is not working properly. So please give me suggestion what should I do next?
I am 31 years male. I urinate properly but at end of urinating when I apply some pressure some urine come out. H/O multiple sclerosis since 2009. My stream is also gud.
I suffer from mild tremors in my hand even when I am not nervous about anything. This affects me a lot when doing delicate one handed tasks. This has been an issue since childhood. Is there any permanent solution?
I am suffering from migraine from one week. Please prescribe me to the point medicine. If any ayurvedic medicine can solve this let me know. If any yogasan I will do that. Provide info in brief.
Please advice medicine for insomnia. I am 39 years old suffereing from insomina for the past 10 years.
I'm 29 years old, working with laptop, frequently getting headache on right side, I have vision problem also. Is it migraine or something else. What are the symptoms of migraine, what is the solution for this pain.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine. These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees. Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.