Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SanjeevYour feedback matters!
My wife is 64 years ole. She is diabetic and taking both short acting and long acting insulin. She has kidney problem and present creatine level is 7 and urea 70. She is getting skin boils all over the body which is hitching and painful ( doctors say uremia). She under peritonial dialysis every day(apd). How to bring down creatine level and cure her skin problem.
My prostate size has gone to 146 gms. Urination in the mornings is intermittent. Please suggest some medicine for free flowing urination and reduction in size of Prostate gland. Rajan Tandon.
. Altered colour of the urine.
. If the stone obstructs the ureter there is a pain gradually increasing making the patient very restless since it radiates till testis, labia, and groins.
. In severe pain patient does not get relief in any position, they can develop pallor, vomiting, sweating & haematuria
. Such attacks are recurrent.
Hello Sir, Mujhe abhi kuch din pehle hi pet me dard hua jab maine sonography kerwai tab mujhe stone ka pta chla Meri dono kidney me 4mm ke stone h Usi k baad se sex me sperm (veery) nhi aa rha h To kya sir yeh stone ke karan h yaa kisi or karan se Or mujhe stone ka treatment btaaye. Please advise.
Hi. I am 17 years old. I am a boxer. I injected deca durabol on 6 january when it will washout from my urine. And how should I wash it out from my body completely.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.