Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Treatment of Toothache
Treatment of Cavities
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Bleeding Gums
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Treatment of Bad Breath
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Treatment of Sensitive Teeth
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Oral Thrush
Treatment of Broken Teeth
Treatment of Tooth Decay
Treatment of Wisdom Teeth
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Treatment of Gingivitis
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, My teeth gum are irregular in shape front side and I brushed on that gum it is bleeding. I used a gum powder for that but it is no use. Pls give any medicines or else any suggestions.
I have a yellow teeth problem and I brush 2 times daily, instead of brushing my teeth are getting yellow and smelling. What should I do?
Hello doctor suddenly I have noticed on my tongue some black dots, it's not a mole also I cleaned with tongue cleaner after sometime it's was there please what it would be. Thank you.
I have light pain in the lower right last teeth. I have seen a black hole in the mid. please advice medicines.
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
All of us love to flash a set of pearly whites with each smile. However, due to various reasons, we have teeth that are not-so-white. The bleaching agents come to the rescue as they can help whiten the teeth. In an overzealous manner, some people however, go overboard and over bleach their teeth. Bleaching agents should be used only with approval by a dentist and in a recommended manner, the frequency and the duration of application. Like anything else, they can also have harmful effects, which again can hurt the teeth, and if the whitening effect is lost, the person could be worse off than what they started with.
The following are common side effects seen with overuse of bleaching agents. Note that in most people, when used according to medical advice, these effects are very minimal.
- Tooth sensitivity: One of the most common side effects with teeth bleaching is the tingling feeling in the teeth. When done in office, it happens as the bleaching agent is reaching the tubules in the teeth. It could range from a one-off feeling to something that is constant and nagging. If being done in the office, you could indicate to the dentist so that subsequent sittings can be planned after the sensitivity settles down. The duration of each session may also have to be reduced.
- Gum irritation: The active bleaching agent is hydrogen peroxide which is caustic and can irritate the soft tissues. When done in office, the teeth are usually isolated using a rubber dam and so this problem is minimized. However, when trays are used at home, the gums do get exposed to the bleaching agent and so gum irritation is highly likely.
- Tooth pain and discomfort: This tooth pain usually sets in after a couple of hours after the bleaching is done. This happens again due to hydrogen peroxide penetrating the tooth, dehydration of the tooth, and using laser light for prolonged periods during the bleaching process. This usually subsides in a couple of days’ time and so need not be a cause for worry.
- Thermal sensitivity: A couple of days after the bleaching, the teeth may experience sensitivity to hot and cold foods, especially with beverages. This again is usually self-limiting and will disappear in a couple of days. Desensitizing toothpaste may be prescribed by the dentist in severe cases.
In all these cases, though bleaching is usually harmless, there are rare cases where side effects have been severe. Overenthusiasm to increase the whiteness is often the reason for these side effects. These can be avoided by opting for bleaching under strict supervision and following the dentist’s advise when being done at home. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
My friend is 23 years old. While talking with him I feel bad smell coming out from his mouth. So, how can I suggest him to overcome this problem.
Hi Sir, I am 29 years old sir my question is I drink cool water and drink some time beers 2 days onwards my neck and mouth always dry sir please tell me any solution.
Homeopathy regards the individual overall. It implies that homeopathic treatment concentrates on the patient as a man and in addition his obsessive condition. The homeopathic remedies for toothache are chosen after a complete individual examination and case-investigation, which incorporates the therapeutic history of the patient, physical and mental constitution and so forth.
A miasmatic tendency (inclination/powerlessness) is frequently considered for the treatment of constant conditions. The homeopathic remedies for toothache given underneath demonstrate the therapeutic affinity yet this is not an entire and clear manual for the treatment of this condition.
The symptoms recorded against every remedy may not be specifically identified with this sickness in light of the fact that in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional signs are additionally considered for selecting a remedy. To concentrate any of the accompanying remedies in more detail, please visit our Materia Medica area. None of these homeopathic remedies for toothache ought to be taken without expert exhortation.
Homeopathic Remedies for Toothache
- Mercurius: Mercurius is presumably more frequently demonstrated homeopathic remedy for toothache than other remedies. It is prescribed in case of extraordinary throbbing toothache because of excited dentine, which is more awful during the evening and in moist climate. The teeth feel stretched and sore, and this soreness influences the entire of the jaw and confront and is more awful from warmth, fairly soothed by delicate rubbing of the face.
- Chamomilla: This is an amazing homeopathy remedy for toothache particularly in case of intolerable toothache influencing an entire column of teeth happening in paroxysms, with agonies transmitting to ears.
- Belladonna: It is prescribed when a person has toothache from aggravation of dental pulp. A person in agony of blazing and throbbing pain, which is more regrettable around evening time, more terrible on contact, as is biting in nature.
- Coffea: This homeopathic remedy will frequently expel the most serious torments of toothache, which nearly drive the patient unhinged. It is a stinging, snapping, irregular agony, more regrettable while biting, more awful from warm drink and altogether eased for a period by holding icy water in the mouth, returning when the water turns out to be warm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.