Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SanjayYour feedback matters!
I am 47 year old there is a small bulging of my disc between 4 and 5 and I am suffering back pain for the three years what is the remady for this back pain.
I am suffering from neck pain from last 1 year, I have consulted doctor nd I was fine fr few days but after dat again same problem started, I am not using pillows, doing neck exercises but still no use. And sometimes even my back portion of the head wil pain nd also right side of d head wil start paining if I sleep continuously turning in right position and sometimes full head, I wil hv headaches too sometimes. Pls suggest something so dat I can get red of it.
I am a 36 years old male suffering from water on knees, swelling, pulling pain, stiffness on my right knee. I have done x ray which states no fracture or injury or bone dislocation, CT scan conclusion was Knee Effusion, blood samples given for tests like Vit D, creatinine, serum electrolytes, CRP, LFT, Diabetes, Urate, Urea all seems to be normal. Also Rheumatoid factor was also negative. Drs are confused as to what could be the reason for the swelling on my knees, and watery knees. I have got it drained my knee twice but still its not normal. The pain still exists, swelling with stiffness also exists. I would like to know what can be the cause of swelling and pain in my right knee only as everything seems to be normal. please advise what needs to be done and what treatment is available? Thank You, mSn.
Hello Doctor, I am 28 Years old Male and have pain in joints for last 6 months and also weakness. I am Vegetarian and No Habit of Smoking and Drinking. I Also Consulted with Dr.(MD & Physician - Delhi), Suggested me For the Test - Metabolic V H. What should I do?
A lot of people suffer from knee pain, some hereditary, some due to injuries and some due to other reasons. Whatever be the reasons, the pain is very bothersome.
Try the following exercises regularly to get relief from knee pain.
1. Leg lifts - sit straight on a chair with your feet firmly on the ground. Lift the leg for which the knee pains, until it is parallel to the ground. Hold for a couple of seconds and bring back to the initial position. Do 10 reps every day.
2. Knee bending - sit on a chair and keep a stool of same height as the chair in front of you. Place your knee on the stool, knee slightly bent. Slowly, straighten your leg and hold in the straight position for a couple of seconds before you release. Do 10 reps.
3. Leg straightening - stand straight and place the foot on a low platform. Bend down, place both your palms on the knee and slowly push it down until your leg is straight. Push only as far as it doesn't hurt too much. Hold for a few seconds and release.
4. Stretching - sit upright. Bring your leg towards your chest by bending the knee and keeping your hand above the ankle. Push your heel towards your buttocks. Release after a couple of seconds.
5. Chair pulling - stand straight near a door keeping your feet apart (shoulder-width), in front of a chair. Hold the knob of the door and slowly, sit back on the chair. Feel the pull in the muscles and go back to previous position after 2-3 seconds. Repeat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
2 week before, I got minor friction of a fibre material on a foot, there was swelling till last week. Fortunately theres no fracture. But now there is some balloon like swelling it might be blood clotting. What should I do? Should I wait for some time to recover it naturally?
I'm 50 yrs female, I have backache down to leg & reverse, frozen shoulder (l)/cervical pain goes to the head, arms and fingers & reverse back.
I am suffering from leg Pain due to using more stair please suggests me which medicine I use for relief of my leg pain. And also for my und pain.
Back pain is always done after evening to hole night and in morning no one can say to pain on back side so what is the reason of that kind pain?
Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I am having hypothyroidism state and I am under medication for past one year. Actually I had swelling in my legs and ankle parts so I was been suggested for thyroid profiling. Now my thyroid levels are in normal range, but still my swollen legs are the same. I dont have any joint paints nor fever. My asot range is 360 and rf range is 8 so am I undergoing any ra symptoms. What am I supposed to do further? any related symptoms of ra?
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.