Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SanjayYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years old male and I get frequent legs cramp and back ache. I get some relieve only if I get some massage and most of the night I can't sleep due to back ache or sometime cramps. Please help and what do I do?
I am suffering right leg pain. My name is salman khan age is 27 old male .give me some suggestions please .
Hi. I can't bend my thumb from joint but with any support I can do so ,by own I am not able to bend and there is no pain or hurt, please tell me what is problem and how to cure it any medicines.
I am 20 year old and very long time my shoulder joint pain for every hard work so please give advise me thank you.
I am 32 years old male. I get frequent back pains .Some times whole spinal card pain happens. How to treat it.
Dear Dr. I am paying cricket after a year, during this I was not physical active enough like cricket. 2 weeks has been passed. Initially I got muscle pain. For now muscles are not paining but my body joint like shoulder, knee, ankle are paining whenever I'm playing, have I lack of vitamin D. What I can be. Pls help. Thanks.
Today I Amme going to playing football me and my friends playing football I am kick the ball then my leg is broken I am very injured then what I do give Me some medicine information.
I am 34 years old. My left side knee is fractured. I have got the plaster before 3 years. Now everything is ok except sometimes I feel pain at the fracture point. Can you kindly suggest me what to do?
Radiology is a special branch of medical science that uses various techniques of imaging for the diagnosis and the treatment of several types of diseases in the body. The different types of imaging techniques used in radiology are X-rays, Computerised Tomographic scan (CT Scan), ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and nuclear medicine which includes Positron Emission Tomography(PET).
Role played in evaluating hip replacement
Hip replacement surgeries have become extremely common in the recent times, and radiological evaluation remains the mainstay of the overall hip replacement procedure. Thus, the role played by radiology is quite significant in such situations. All the specific anatomical landmarks and the measurements are used to make sure the placement is perfect during the hip replacement surgery. Radiological imaging helps in the assessment of the following conditions that are as discussed below.
The length of leg
The inequality in the length of the two legs is prevalent after a hip replacement surgery which can create a great deal of discomfort and inconvenience to the patients. A greater difference in the length of the two legs increases the chances of dislocation, and this is a situation where radiological evaluation plays a crucial role. With the help of radiological imaging, the length of the legs can be made almost equal.
The horizontal center of rotation
In this case, horizontal center of rotation helps in the assessment of the acetabular component of the prosthesis. This is calculated by the measurement of the distance between the center of the head of the femur and the acetabular teardrop. This distance should be bilaterally equal, and it is just not possible without the help of the imaging techniques of radiology.
The acetabular inclination is the angle formed between the face of the cup and the transverse axis. If the angle is less, then it results in a stable hip, but the abduction is limited. On the other hand, if the angle increases then there are high chances of dislocation of the hip. Thus, with the help of radiological evaluation, proper and effective angular inclination is given which is optimum for the patient.
The stem positioning of the femur
The main aim of the stem positioning of the femur in a hip replacement surgery is placing the stem in a position which is neutral within the shaft. To get a proper idea of the positioning, the imaging techniques are of utmost importance which cannot be achieved perfectly without the imaging.
Thus, the crucial role the different techniques of radiological imaging plays during the overall procedure of a hip replacement surgery can be perceived. With the use of the different imaging techniques, the results obtained are closer to perfection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.