Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SanjayYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam. After visiting to a physician. I start to take medicine. But after 3 days medicine use. I feel. My urine time is increased. Its now 5-6 times from 2-3 times. please sir/mam help me. Why it increasing.
What is the reason for weak urine flow? And what is the remedy? I had consulted a specialist who suggested surgery. Is it really required or is there any alternative? If surgery is inevitable how long would I have to be as in patient and how long would it take to resume normal life?
Hai, I m having kidney stones in right n left r 9mm n 5mm respectively. Is there any medication for it?
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many-a-times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Excruciating pain in the back
- Pain while urinating
- Tendency to vomit
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Foods recommended:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water ( 10 -12 glasses of water)
- Dietary calcium of 1gm a day
- Low oxalate diet Foods to be restricted
- Reduce the amount of salt in your diet
- Restrict food containing excess of oxalate
- Limit intake of animal proteins
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However, recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However, calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided.
I have stone in my kidney about 20 mm . please tell it can bi resolve by ayurvedic (desi medicine) or I have to go for surgery . What are the home formulas to reduce the pain of kidney stone.
I am 50 yr. Old. I have stone in right kidney (7mm) and gall stone (23mm) detected in Dec. 2014 under routine health check up. The size of the stones still remains the same. However, there are no symptoms prior to or after detection. Currently, I am taking homoeo medicine Berberis vulgaris on the advice of doctor. How to expel the stones.
I have burning sensation in my vagina which increases during night. There is no redness or no itching. Just some clear vaginal discharge which is more than normal. I haven't had sex from past 8 months, no infections in tests and got myself tested for hiv & other std which are tested through blood sample. I drink 4 litres of water daily, the burning reduces but doesn't go away completely. It has been 6 weeks now. I got myself physically examined too but doctor said no UTIs.
After laser urine operation (8mmstone) what kind of food is eatable? Only two stone are left one is 6 mm and other is 4 mm stone in both kidney Please send us the diet of laser surgery.
Sir, My Father Aged about 76 years having Creatine level 4.7 today. His Urine Pass is quite normal. Please suggest us Diet that reduces Creatine Levels Please Regards, JRK Prasad.
I have a problem of uti sometimes. After taking medicine it will be fine. If I stop to taking problem occur again. What can I do? the medicine is alcasol syrup.
I had/have a stone in kidney. Not sure whether its still there. I have to urinate right after drinking water. Doctor says to go to restroom as many times I feel like. But this is affecting my normal life. Is there anything I can do to stop this. By the way I have to drink lots of water. Only then stone will get dissolved and come out it seems.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney stones
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate cancer
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues)
Related Tip: The Ideal Diet after a Kidney Transplant