Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old, I am suffering from dizziness in mind every time from last 3 months, mostly when I walk on road. What should I do?
Helo. M Arpit. N m 25. M recently married. My wife is upset frm me coz of my snoring. As I fal slep snoring starts. please hlp me frm this. Is there any cure fr it?
I am a Diabetic patient, when I ate water Rich Vegetable / fruits, immediately I will be affected with severe Cold which will continue more than 15 days. During the cold blood also coming from nose. What is the remedy for this.
Hi. I am 24 years old girl. My father was 55 and died of cerebral bleed. Ever since than I have fear of brain bleed. I have a continuous headache and sinus problems. My treatment is going on. But sometimes when my headache goes worse I fear of brain bleed and heart attack. This fear makes me feel worse. I start googling the symptoms and end up being in fear, infact I start getting the symptoms given in Google but after sometime I feel ok. Is it possible that a 24 years can get brain haemorrhage. I do not have blood pressure issues or sugar problems but whenever there is headache I start fearing as if its brain bleed? Also Can you please suggest how to avoid these situations?
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Honey, could you stop snoring please? This innocent statement heralds trouble ahead,usually made by a desperate individual who cannot take your snoring anymore. If you are having problems sleeping or if your partner is always complaining about your loud snoring it is most likely that you are suffering from sleep apnea.
There is no need to panic because advances in medicine have made treatment of this condition possible. Before you start seeking treatments, it is imperative to get some basics on this sleeping disorder. It will help you to make an informed choice while also reassuring you that your condition is treatable.
Demystifying Sleep Apnea
According to the American Sleep Apnea Association (ASAA), this medical condition causes involuntary cessation of breathing while a patient is sleeping. These breathing pauses can last for a few seconds to minutes and occur up to a hundred times in a night.
During these pauses, you will snore loudly and the disruption of natural sleep means you only enjoy light sleep throughout the night. Consequently, you will have problems concentrating during the day, which can be dangerous in some work situations.
It can be categorized into three categories. These are:
?Obstructive sleep apnea: This takes place when the soft tissue at the back of your throat relaxes thus blocking the airway. According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), over 18 million people suffer from this category.
?Central sleep apnea: It manifests when the central nervous system does not function properly. The brain fails to signal breathing control muscles leading to choking. It does not involve loud breathing and ASAA reckons it forms a large percentage of the 50% undiagnosed apnea cases in the US.
?Complex sleep apnea: This is a complicated combination of the central sleep and obstructive sleep apnea.
To determine the type of condition afflicting you, a visit to the dentist is crucial.
Why You Need Timely Diagnosis
The fact that 80-90% of sleep disorders remain undiagnosed should be a major worry. They say that a stitch in time saves nine, which is why you need to seek treatments if you have some of these symptoms:
?Screaming morning headaches
?Hypersomnia characterized by excessive day time sleepiness
?Abrupt awakening due to cessation of breathing
In short, if you have problems enjoying your night's sleep then a visit to your dentist to seek sleep apnea treatments is advisable.Some of the problems that may arise if you ignore your incessant snoring include depression, sexual dysfunction, high irritability, memory problems, cardiovascular disease and a host of other dangerous health conditions.