Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay G.SYour feedback matters!
If you are in doubt that your food may be the cause of your illness, try substituting one food each day. To begin with, its best to use besan (gram flour) in place of wheat flour .
People suffering from celiac disease cannot digest a protein called gluten, which is found in barley and wheat flour. Gluten triggers immune system in patients to damage small intestine villi. As a result, patients cannot absorb nutrients from food and remain malnourished, which could lead to anemia, weight loss and fatigue. Celiac disease patients suffer from fat malabsorption.
A gluten-free diet is also recommended for patients with wheat allergy, dermatitis herpetiformis; multiple sclerosis, autoimmune disorders, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, and some behavioral problems. Gluten-containing cereals are wheat, barley, rye, oats and triticale. Gluten is also present as a food additive in the form of a flavoring, stabilizing or thickening agent.
In these conditions one should switch over to gluten-free foods. The best alternative is to shift from wheat flour to gram flour (besan).
My nose is leaking water since morning. Even feeling head a bit heavy types. What should I do? Didn't even have a proper sleep at night don't know why. And m not into any drugs, drinks or cigarettes
I have fever last 6 days. I took paracetamol and body temperature is decreasing but after few time the temperature has increase again. Now what shall I do?
I have some black marks on the inner teeth. Presently there is no pain ,should I need to take any medication.
Hi doctor actually I am suffering from constipation from last 4 years. Medication are needed every night. So that stomach get cleaned at morning. What shall I do to keep my digestive system healthy.
Most people crave to improve their bone health, maintain proper eyesight, keep the mind sharp and prevent chronic diseases. Have these top 10 power foods and you will be able to stay healthy and feel good about yourself:
- Berries: A great source of fibre, berries help in keeping your digestive system healthy, which in turn helps in shedding off the extra pounds easily.
- Eggs: A recent study has found that people who eat scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast feel more contented and eat less during lunch. In addition, egg yolks are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, which strengthens your eyesight.
- Beans: This is a great source of iron which helps in transporting oxygen to the lungs from where it is transported to other parts of the body. It also contains soluble fibre which helps in lowering the cholesterol levels of the blood.
- Nuts: Walnuts or almonds or hazelnuts are a rich source of unsaturated fats that are healthy for your heart and overall health, owing to their high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and linolenic acids.
- Oranges: A rich source of vitamin C, a large-sized orange is adequate for your body’s requirement for fighting off infections and providing skin firming collagens. These fruits are also rich in folate as well as fibre.
- Sweet potatoes: Owing to the high contents of the alpha and beta carotene, which give the sweet potato its colour, you should have one medium-sized sweet potato regularly for keeping your bones, eyes and immune system healthy.
- Broccoli: This can be called a green powerhouse as it is packed with vitamins A, C and K as well as folate. It offers a rich source of sulforaphane and isothiocynate, which is believed to help in alleviating throat cancer.
- Tea: Tea is high in flavonoid content which is an antioxidant, and offers a wide range of health benefits. A cupful of freshly brewed tea helps in fighting diabetes, Alzheimer’s and certain cancers.
- Spinach: This plant has the important vitamins along with potassium, magnesium, calcium, fibre and iron. Spinach is healthy and is recommended for all to-be mothers.
- Yogurt: A rich source of calcium, yogurt is known for staving off osteoporosis. It contains helpful bacteria which helps in the maintenance of gut health and reduces the chances of age-related intestinal ailments.
Eat these 10 superfoods are nutrient-rich and are considered to be beneficial for health and well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.