Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjana ShivashankarYour feedback matters!
I am having scabies and I have been doing permethrin treatment. How long it will take me to completely get rid of scabies. How can I remove scabies from my scalp. Can permethrin cream could be applied every 2 days.
Sir, I have more than 15 fat tumors under my skin is there any medicine either ayurvedic or English medicine. Fat tumors increases gradually in my body. I have cholesterol also. Please help me and give permanent solution. Thanking you sir.
I am 25 year old and I am getting hair fall & dandruff. Per day 100 hair falling from center part. what to do? please help me.
I am having problem with knee from past 2 years and I have consulted many doctors and I also have problem of hair loss.
My age is 22M. I am having a small lump on backside of my bicep of my hand. It was started as very small one at the beginning 1year back. Now it's size was increased little bit more. If I press it hardly iam getting some pain. Please suggest me.
Hello Dr. Can I take vitamin c capsule to improve my facial complexion. I want 2 shades fairer skin tone.
I am losing hair and I had tried many shampoo and no effect. What should I do to control my hair lose? Please help me.
I am 21 year old male. For the past 6-10 months am losing my hair too much. Now I have lost the complete strength of my hairs. Lost the thick growth of hair. I stopped using shampoo from the beginning of hair lose. My hair is not growing thick like before. What should I do now?
I had hair fall since few weeks back, why like that and what are the precautions to be take, is there any fault in eating chocolates r sweets.
I am a 59 yr male in my right leg the skin has become some what hard and the sensation is decreasing. Some times I feel a current flowing beneath the skin and I feel heat. Kindly advise.
Hi doctor, I am suffering from pimples. I have oily skin ,this summer my face was too much tanned because of humidity. Dark circles are formed on my face at that place pimples are came again and again. My face was totally tanned looking not good. I recently purchased dermaroller 0.5 mm .please suggest me what is the best dermaroller for my skin (0.25,0.5,0.75,1.0,1.5)please suggest me pre and post dermaroller tips and fast heeling gels or creams without any damage. I am asking this question two times but no one cannot given full information about my problem. My face have now dark black on my skin surface. My color was changed. Please suggest me for speed recovery. What is the best dermaroller and best cream for pre and post dermaroller. Thank you doctor.
Hello sir! I'm17 year old! I have some red pimples on my face! I try some medicine like that PENDRAM+ but nothing any else! So please give me any solution what's I try for my face!
I am 18yr old female and have thin and frizzy hair. What should I do to increase the volume of my hair and which conditioner do I use.
My skin color became black from few months my skin color was white it became black now what to do please suggest me a fastly strongly prescriptions for me soon. N any tips or medicine for hair thickening n for height grow medicines. Thank you.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.