Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
Do metallic dental bridges / implants effect the functioning of the pacemaker. Does the person having the pacemaker fitted, have any restrictions on the dental bridges / implants must be metal free? Pl. adv. Thanks & best regards,
I hav lill yellowish teeths that i dont like at all more over i feel whn i smile the very slight gap between my teeths got visible So can i go for smile treatment what will it cost and from whr i cn get it done fr 100% result Im from Nagpur
I am 24 year old male and I have white coating on tongue from 7 - 8 months. I am pure vegetarian, and taking vit. B and folic acids tablets. But it is not rid off. What should I do?
I can not eat chilli, hot & cold product, I can not open my mouth big normally, this is happened because I use to take pan and gutka, nuts regularly. Now I realise my gum problem, so please give me some medicine or advice so I can prevent it. Thanks.
My dad is going through dental treatment of crown dentures. Dentist said there is no need of making gums (artificial) on the denture as it will not be visible even he laughs or smile. He said that artificial gum on denture make denture WEAK. Is it true that artificial gum on denture makes denture weak? please help what should we do.
Hi Actually my cutting teeth's (2) are totally damaged now it is paining what can I do for life long relief.
For last one year my tongue is having some burning, redness, crack etc. It is not regular but in morning hours it little bit more. I had had some ayurveda medicine for ulcer but felt no difference. I consume alcohol, not more than one peg. Some time I keep tobacco bet lips but not a habit. Some alopathic med also took but in vain. Kindly advice. Motion little bit uneven.
I use colgate max fresh but there is still problem of yellowness of teeth. Any recommendations please
I brush my teeth twice a day. But with in 3 hours. My mouth starts smelling bad. Can you suggest me a solution.
My face looks little bit asymmetric currently I am undergoing ortho treatment to close the gap between teeth. Is there any way to make my face more symmetric.
Brush twice a day, keep tooth problems away: brushing twice a day removes the tiny left out food particles from the mouth and keeps it fresher and cleaner.