Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta PatilYour feedback matters!
I have severe UTI according to the doctor. So what kind of foods should I avoid? And what type of foods are recommended?
Although it’s still not clear as to how sitting can lead to poor health, one of the causes that researchers cite is a fall in metabolic activity, which has an adverse effect on your body’s fat and sugar levels, making you vulnerable to various health disorders.
Ideally, sitting or any sedentary activity associated with sitting shouldn't make up more than 4-5 hours of your day. Several studies have revealed how sitting for long hours can be bad for your health:
- It increases your chances of dying from Cardiovascular disease by 18%
- You face an increased risk (about 17%) of dying from Cancer if you sit for a very long
- Prolonged sitting can cause your risk of suffering from Type 2 Diabetes increase by 91%
To negate the effects that sitting might have on your health, you need to move around or stand up from time to time. You might begin by standing as often as you get the chance to, or try to walk if your work allows you to. Other strategies that you could adopt are:
- Instead of sitting, have your lunch or talk on the phone standing
- Increase your physical activity by taking the stairs
- Take 1-3 minutes break every 30 minutes to stand or walk around
- Exercise or stand when watching TV
- Lastly, try to lessen your daily sitting period by 15 - 20 minutes every day
When you're standing or moving, you end up improving your metabolism, which is responsible for fat and sugar burning. As a result, there’s an increase in your energy levels, which in turn increases your stamina and also helps in shedding off the extra kilos. When you sit, these processes stop performing, thereby increasing your chances of suffering from various diseases.
I am 19 years old my height is 5.2 and I want more height so what can I do please suggest some ideas.
I'm starting to face hair fall and I'm suffering from dandruff problem since childhood. From past 2 years my hairs have also started to turn white. Tips to reduce hairfall, dandruff and whitening of hair.
I am a student. I have quite thin arms compared to my physique and my chest is also not broad. I want my hands to be a bit fatter and chest to be broader. please help. I am also scared that I may have klinefelter syndrome.
I am 74 years. from past 18 years. On Betaloc 25 bd, avast 10, clodrel75. For bp I take dilzem 30, planep25 and almighty 10 all of. Stomach bloated always. On esomeprazol. Reflux forte. In 2009 endoscopy done and gastritis detected. Last year it was found ok I get giddiness with gas. Every two hours need to take food to avoid giddiness. What is my problems? Please advise.
I am 21 years old, I am suffering from backache from last 2 months, I used pain killers but not controlled? Please suggest me a treatment. Thank you.
I am 20 year old. I have pimples on my face. I clean my face every 2 hour. But no use. I use face pimple cleaning ointment for 2 weak but no change occur in my face. What type of medicine take to remove pimples?
Im 20 years old I have digestion issues im suffering from indigestion. How can I improvebmy digestion system.
Taking vitamin and mineral supplements is increasingly becoming common these days. People generally opt for these supplements to ensure good health as their diets are usually lacking in vitamins due to the pursuit of a hectic lifestyle.
But before you begin consuming vitamin supplements, it's necessary for you to know whether your body actually needs them. According to nutritionists, you should plan your diet appropriately to fulfil your nutritional needs and not depend on vitamin supplements to do so. If your diet includes foods like fruits, green vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, legumes, fish and lean meat, you won't need vitamin supplements.
So, when exactly do you need vitamin supplements?
You might need vitamin supplements in the following cases:
- If you are above the age of 50, you can take vitamin b-12 supplement. Additionally, you may consider eating food items fortified with vitamin b-12, like fortified cereals.
- If your diet does not meet the normal requirement of 1, 600 calories a day, you should consider dietary supplements. Moreover, the diet of people who do not consume red meat usually lacks in zinc and iron, which can be supported by vitamin supplements.
- If you are a woman whose menstrual cycle is associated with heavy bleeding, you might need vitamin supplements.
- If you suffer from a disorder that has a negative impact on the nutrient absorption process of your body, you need to take vitamin supplements. These conditions include chronic diarrhoea, food intolerance, food allergies or any disease related to the liver, pancreas, intestines and gall bladder.
- If your body has difficulty in absorbing and digesting nutrients because of a surgery of the digestive tract.
- If you are a woman who is planning to have a child. Women who want to get pregnant should consume 400 mg folic acid, which can be obtained from dietary supplements or fortified foods.
- If you are pregnant, you should include a prenatal vitamin in your daily diet. This vitamin should contain iron. You may also fulfil this iron requirement by consuming a separate iron supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.