Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Sangeeta Bhatt
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Management of Diet in Stones
Treatment of Malnutrition
Healthy Heart Diet
Submit a review for Dt. Sangeeta BhattYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Shanglakpam Nandakeshwor Sharma
Dt. Sangeeta Bhatt provides answers that are very helpful. Very interesting
Hair is the crowning glory and problem with hair can become very upsetting for everyone. There are different reasons for hair fall. Common reasons for hair fall are:
- Not nourishing hair adequately
- Not having balance diet, intake of high acidic diet.
- Weak liver
- Quick weight loss
- Post diseases &post pregnancy
- Sinusitis, migraine
- Excessive Use of chemicals, gels, styling products
- Consumption of protein should neither be too high nor too low, it should be in balance.
- Protein foods like non-vegetarian food, milk & its products give strength to hair and help them grow but an excess of these products makes hair follicle and body acidic that in turn causes hair fall.
- Vitamin D is very important for hair as a lack of vitamin D may attack the follicles and hence weakening the hair. Sun rays are the best source of this vitamin, along with that we can add dairy products like milk, curd, paneer, green leafy vegetables to diet.
- Vegetarian diet is more useful as plant proteins are less acidic and more alkaline than animal protein. If taking non-vegetarian food, along with it take alkaline foods like vegetable juices, salads, soups, sprouts, fruits.
- Vitamin B and vitamin C are important for the adequate growth of the hair shaft and roots. Fruits like oranges, guava, grapes, pomegranate etc should be taken in plenty. The consumption should be of 2 fruits daily Vegetable juices like carrot, beetroot, lauki, ginger, aloevera can be mixed to make a health cocktail.
- Nuts are important in hair growth as they provide essential fatty acids. One can take flax seeds, olives, almonds, walnuts.
- Herbs like trifala (harar, behar, amla) tulsi, lemon are very good in detoxifying liver and thus removing toxins from body.
Is there any reason to worry?
NO, absolutely not if you have it, you can still have a healthy baby with help from your doctor and nutritionist by doing simple things to manage your blood sugar.
Gestational diabetes makes you more likely to develop type 2 diabetes, but it won’t definitely happen. After your baby is born, gestational diabetes usually goes away.
What actually happens?
Placenta during pregnancy produces a hormone that can lead to build up of sugar in blood, normally Pancreas produce sufficient Insulin to take care of it, if not than blood sugar level rises.
Gestational diabetes normally affects 2-10% of pregnancies every year and this is increasing with time. One is most likely to get it if:
- Overweight before pregnancy.
- Have high sugar levels before but not so high to be consider as Diabetes.
- Have family history of diabetes.
- Have blood pressure or any other medical diagnosis.
- Have given birth to large baby before or still birth delivery or any other medical complication in previous deliveries.
How it is diagnosed?
- Normally gestational diabetes in diagnosed in second half of pregnancy somewhere between 24-28 weeks.
- For this your doctor will ask to do glucose Tolerance Test(GTT) and Fasting and PP sugar blood test.
- Many are time results are normal but indicate risk of gestational diabetes than test are again done in later period.
Symptoms to look for:
- Normally gestational diabetes is diagnosed during routine screening tests, as symptoms might not be there.
- But in some cases one might have symptoms like feeling thirsty, more hunger eating too much, and urge to pee more.