Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta Avivazhagan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta AvivazhaganYour feedback matters!
In yesterday test first time my husband TSH is diagnosed. Level is 29 what to do in such situation. He has put on 5 kg in last five months. Current weight 98. What should I do to cure this.
1. Exercise regularly. 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the evening minimum.
2. Avoid extra calories. Even extra carbs can be converted to sugars and damage you.
4. Avoid white things. Sugars, rice, sweets, maida.
5. Sugar free sweets are same. Don; t eat it!
6. Check blood sugar regularly- at least once a 15 days of you are a diabetic, and once every 3 months if you are above 40 years.
7. Never to stop or change your diabetic medication without your doctor's advise.
My friend has juvenile diabetes. Is diabetes and heart condition associated? In the long run will it affect other organs in her body? Is there any remedy as such.
Hi sir, I am suffering from Goitre. Can I use both homeopathic tablets nd euthyrox 88 mcg tablets daily for curing thyroid .My Tsh -5.38,T3-87.11 nd T3 -3.75. Please give me reply sir.
It is an established fact that regular physical exercise has wonderful effects on the overall health of a person. People of all ages can reap the benefits of exercise that take manifestation in all the various systems of the human body.
One such healthy effect of exercise is that it can help control blood sugar levels. For those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, exercise works like any other drug in keeping blood glucose at an optimal level. It also helps in preventing further health complications that may be caused by this condition, such as heart disease or strokes.
How does exercise control blood sugar?
Exercise affects the body's blood glucose levels in the following ways:
- Exercising increases insulin sensitivity, which makes the body more capable of using insulin to take up available excess glucose in the bloodstream.
- Muscle contractions during exercise stimulate the cells to use up glucose to produce energy.
- Heightened cardiovascular activity while exercising burns through blood glucose a lot faster.
It is necessary to keep checking blood sugar levels at regular intervals, especially if you suffer from diabetes. Working out has different effects on different individuals, depending on the duration and intensity of exercise and the overall health and medical history of the person.
What are the best ways to use exercise to reduce blood sugar levels?
It is important to chalk out a suitable exercise routine that is tailored specifically to your individual needs. Consult a health care specialist or physical therapist for formulating the best possible workout regime for your specific requirements.
Most experts recommend engaging in moderately intense exercise for a minimum of 150 minutes in a week.
A few examples of activities that fall under this category are as follows:
- Brisk walking
- Squats and lunges
- Stretching exercises
One thing that diabetes patients should always keep in mind is that over-exercising must be avoided. Excessively strenuous workouts can lead to hypoglycemia (deficiency of blood glucose) which is a highly unsavory condition.