Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta Avivazhagan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta AvivazhaganYour feedback matters!
I am 34 yrs male, last 5 days am suffering Back pain, when I consult a doctor, checked blood and told uric acid problem (7.8) what is the remedy, and what are the items I have to avoid. Please replay.
My mom has problem of diabetes what should eat her and what shouldn't eat whose her sugar level be maintain tell the some diet chart for following.
I have taken my blood test in that I found that I have minor thyroid which was 5.03 so what are thing I do or wht r fruit I eat n what r thing I avoid so that I will not take medicine n I control.
My father aged 70 yrs, type 2 diabetic, diagnosed TB 2 years back n completed 8months DOTS medication, now recently 6 months he is having cold sometimes running nose oftenly in summer also. Is he prone to pneumonia type diseases due to TB factor. I heard of pneumonia vaccination available if so name, type of vaccine can be given as precautionary step. For TB routine analysis any blood test to check any symptoms or growth of any virus. Pls do give your valuable suggestions. Tanx alot.
Hlo doc! My ppbs is 78 mg/dl. Am I hypoglycemic. Is hypoglycemic condition considered as diabetics. Evry time wen I wake up. There is excess saliva with sweet taste. Also I feel I am weak ,lazy, sedentary ,dizzy, depressed .also I am sweating alot dose days.
Hi, I have thyroid and also have problem of hair loss and i am very over weight. What you suggest for me the best.
My brother is facing thyroid problem with T3-112, T4-7.6,TSH-121.88 and is taking Thyroxine Sodium Tablets I.P. 50 mcg daily one and he is facing with white hairs so please suggest for the solution.
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food.