Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SangamitraYour feedback matters!
I have read many ans from homeopathic and ayurvedic doctors to not go for hormonal balance treatment for pcod and period irregularity disorder. I was having novelon earlier and now on doctors recommendation I m having diane 35 n other vitamin tabs which I need to take till I plan pregnancy. I have family history of not treating hormonal disbalance at right time and facing pregnancy issues later. I can' t do without treating myself with hormonal medics as otherwise I also get acne n period irregularities. Please suggest, m I on wrong track?
I am a 26 year male. Both my nipples are swollem and right one swollen more and pains. Pain spread through my right hand.
Hi doctor. Am planning sex with my gf without safety .my gf date is on 1 October. We are planning sex on up coming friday .does it is safe or not.
Hi First night ko female ko bleeding ho to kya krna chaiye .aur bleeding kitti hoti hai? Aur first time sex me female ko dard ho to kya krna chaiye .kya dard hote huye bhi wo sex se mana nhi kregi?
Hi, I gave birth to baby boy in november 2014. Breastfeeding for my baby is very less. Giving external feed. How to increase my breastfeed. Please suggest.
Hello doctor m 32 year old trying to conceive pregnancy, I did hsg nd it show right fallopian tube block nd my Amh is 1.63 What should I do pls suggest.
I am 22 year old female. I am suffering from vaginal discharge and itching from last 2 months. What could be the reason behind this. before 1 years I had taken control pills for 5 months for treatment of cyst.
I am 25 yrs, married female suffering from Polycystic Ovary, Irregular Hormonal Problem & Lower Abdominal Pain since 6 months.
After having sex or orgasm, the amount of liquid released from my vagina is very low. Unlike other girls who cums in a good amount. My partner says, its not normal and a medical issue? I don't have any problem during sex but after orgasm, liquid is released in a very low amount. Looking for your suggestions.
What are the foods that a PCOS patient should avoid in a low carb diet? Doc's suggest for small portion meals in 2.5 or 3 hrs interval. If taking small portion meals is not possible then what should be done as I have a sedentary and hectic work schedule.
I got married last April 2016 (8) months over still I did not got pregnancy I want to knew when I become pregnant I am getting regular periods.
Hello, I am Dr Kaberi Banerjee. I am a medical director of Advanced Fertility and Gynecology Centre. Today, let me tell you about which are the couples who need IVF?
IVF is a fertilization of sperm and eggs outside the body. That means the couple where this is not happening inside are the ones which need IVF. Most important are the ladies which suffer from tubal blockage. In our country, some of the main reasons are Tuberculosis or tubal surgeries. Then comes the main factor. Above 50% of the Infertility is due to the low sperm count. And in those men with absence sperms where we need to remove sperms from testicles or in those men with low sperm count, that means, less than 5 million per mL are the ones which need IVF. In fact, they need an advanced form of IVF called ICSI Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection.
In that category of patients and those women who have poor egg reserve. Nowadays, more and more women come to us for the treatment later in their life have a very high-stress level, modern lifestyle and therefore, we see that the ovaries and the egg reserves are also taking a hate. They receive menopause earlier than their counter pass a few decades earlier and their fertility goes on the worst side. These ladies need to come for IVF sooner rather than later. If they come late, then we will be unable to do IVF and the donor egg IVF remains the only option.
The last indication is the uterine damage. The uterus can be damaged because of the infection, repeated surgeries etc. There are various cases of IVF failures. Sometimes the only option to go ahead is Surrogacy where you take the womb of a younger lady who is willing to do this for a couple and bless them with the child.
My cousin is 24 years old unmarried girl. She is pregnant of 2-3 weeks. Our family want to abort because of obvious reasons. My question is 1. Is abortion safe? 2. How much time it takes? 3. What is the cost involved in it?
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many-a-times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
- A 2009 study from the University of California shows how a high-fructose diet can cause you to build new fat cells around your heart, liver, and digestive organs in just 10 weeks, plunging you into the early stages of diabetes and heart disease (whereas a high glucose diet did not have the same effects)
- Excess fructose consumption is a major contributor to insulin resistance and obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- Fructose is metabolized very differently in your body from glucose; all of the metabolic burden falls on your liver, in much the same way as for alcohol, and your body becomes a sea of toxic by-products.
- Glucose, on the other hand, is your body’s nearly ideal source of fuel, meaning it has none of the damaging metabolic effects of fructose; glucose also suppresses your appetite, unlike fructose, which stimulates your appetite and encourages overeating and the accumulation of excess body fat
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.