Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SangamitraYour feedback matters!
Hi. Doctor. I am 7 month pregnant. From last 1 week left side of vagina is swelling and feeling hard with a little pain. Can it normal or anything else. Pls give me the solution. Will it affect my pregnancy. Pls answer as soon as possible.
Good sours for natural Protein & easily Digestible. Ideal for Diabetic patient.
Also use in Ayurved medicine, cosmetic products & Nutritive Tonic
How to use:
Insomnia: Grind 8-10 Pcs with 2 tsp poppy seeds in little milk & apply the paste on the palms and soles at bed time.
Nervous weakness: use with black pepper
Sexual Debility: Use with Drumsticks
Lice: with Lime Juice & Neem Powder
Constipation: use with Figs
Anemia: Use with Rice
Dry cough: Add into Pomegranate Juice
Its also found very useful in Skin related problem , Menstruation , Hair Falling , Vertigo & obesity.
Hello Doctor Iam 16 weeks pregnant. Recently I done my blood test and TSH is 5.23, was it concerned for me.
Always make the use of cold therapy within the first 24-48 hours of the acute stage of an injury, to prevent tissue damage, or after the first 48 hours if inflammation persists.
Hi doctor I have question for pcod problem. Taking now ayurvedic medicines September onward 3 months over weight reduced and now periods became regular so how much months after I will conceive please tell me waiting.
Do you love chewing gum? You love popping it and get a kick when chewing gum with friends. You think it’s a style statement and a cool thing to do. Above all, you think it’s only for fun and is harmless! Well, this article may be an eye opener for you. Here are some facts about chewing gum that can change your thinking.
- Chewing gum has been a favourite snack for millions of people, especially children and adolescents. Besides the sweetness, people like it for its flavour. Many people also use it as a replacement for a food craving. One fact that refrained many from consuming chewing gums was that it was loaded with sugar. However, with ever-growing awareness about consumption of sweetened products, the companies have now started offering sugar-free gum to health-conscious people which are made using artificial sweeteners.
- The artificial sweetener most commonly used in chewing gums is aspartame whose components metabolizes into wood alcohol and formaldehyde in the body. Both have carcinogenic properties and the body is unable to eliminate them through normal waste. These have been linked to cancers, birth defects and weight gain.
- Some tooth whitening gums contain an ingredient called Titanium Dioxide. This gives the chewing gum its glossy white color. It is a dangerous compound linked to many disorders including auto immune disorders, crohn’s disease, asthma and cancer.
- Gastrointestinal problems are quite common among chewing gum consumers. The symptoms include pain and cramps in abdomen, indigestion and diarrhea. Irritable bowel syndrome has been found to be associated with chewing gum eaters as chewing gum can lead to swallowing of excess air and changing of bowel habits.
- Dentists strongly recommend staying away from chewing gum habit, as it can be a cause of tooth decay. Chewing gum may also release mercury from Dental fillings into the system causing host of problems.
- Recent research has established a link between eating chewing gum and headache and migraines. It is believed that chewing gum puts an undue pressure on temporomandibular joint causing headaches. It can also lead to pain and lack of mobility in the jaw, causing an inability to chew meals. This is called temporomandibular joint disorder and is commonly found among chewing gum lovers.
- A chewing gum base is made from a combination of chemicals and non-edible substances. We generally chew it for flavour and throw the rest. However, the compounds do get stuck to the linings of the mouth and enter our system. A chewing gum adds no nutritive value and diminishes a person’s ability to chew and eat normally. For its far-reaching side effects, this habit is a big no to keep. Stay safe! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am facing brown blood on my first day of my periods. May I know the reason I am scared about this.
Do it yourself (DIY) are the simple test and procedures that enables you to know the probability of getting a particular disease condition. You can say the test itself a life saving technique and act like a warning signal. In series of posts I will tell you how to test for a particular condition by your own.
1) DIY for cardiovascular disease
"Simple sit and reach test is a good predictor of arterial flexibility"
DIY test for stiff arteries:
A) sit on the floor with your leg straight
B) Your toes should point towards the ceiling
C) Bend from your hips, stretch your arm and try to touch the toes
D) Inability to perform the activity is an indicator that you may have stiff arteries which are the reason of many cardiovascular diseases
Hi Maine 3 din sex kiya tha 17,19,20 ko aur maine 3 din I pill khai thi kiya I pill fail kerega? But mera is mehina 11 tarik ko period hue the.
If years of allopathic treatment has not brought relief from diseases like joint pains, skin problems, anxiety and gastro-intestinal ailments, try panchkarma, an ayurvedic therapy which purifies and rejuvenates the body.
Hundreds of such patients suffering from lifestyle diseases like stress or metabolic disorders like arthritis, have got relief through panchkarma.The patients coming to us are of all age groups (16 years to 80 years)and have sought relief & cure in panchkarma after years of unsuccessful allopathic treatment.
“Panchkarma has been found to be very effective in insomnia, joint pains, gout, diabetes, anxiety, migraine, sinusitis and gastro-intestinal ailments,” . Today's most common problems like slip disc, arthritis, joint pains and anxiety are a result of stressful living.
Interestingly, it is allopathic doctors themselves who are recommending panchkarma to majority of these patients. “The primary cause of all these problems is anxiety and it is through meditation, yoga and panchkarma that enables you to work without getting stressed
After delivery my tummy has increased a lot . I have not even wore tummy belt after 40 days of delivery. Not its 6 month my tummy is going on increasing. Please help n kindly suggest me home remedy to put my tummy back to normal . HOW CAN I DECREASE MY tummy.
I am facing infertility issues and gynae advised me for PCR menstrual blood test. wats PCR Mentrual blood for? I have undergone tube test and they were patent. Do i still need to go for PCR menstrual blood.
Pregnancy is a time when women need to be in the best of their health. Yet, there are various kinds of conditions and ailments that a pregnant woman can suffer from. One of them is gestational diabetes mellitus. Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes mellitus that usually afflicts pregnant women who are suffering from high glucose levels in their blood. Let us get to know more about this condition.
Timing: Gestational diabetes strikes an expecting mother around the third trimester. This is usually the time when pregnant women exhibit levels that are higher than normal. This may be due to the fact that the placental lactogen can block the action of the insulin receptors, leading to a spike in blood sugar levels.
Past History of Diabetes: Women who have not previously witnessed a rise in their blood sugar levels or any previous diagnosis of diabetes can also end up contracting gestational diabetes during their pregnancy due to an ineffective insulin response of the body and its chemicals. Also, after suffering from gestational diabetes, women are at a higher risk of suffering from Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, thereafter.
Untreated Gestational Diabetes: The children born to mothers, who were not treated properly for gestational diabetes, are usually at risk of various other ailments. These children may be prone to complications during delivery. After birth, they are prone to various issues like low blood sugar levels as well as jaundice. These children may not be able to enjoy a normal delivery, and may have to be delivered via Caesarean Section, and even face premature delivery.
Food: It is important to monitor the blood sugar levels in gestational diabetes. One of the best ways to do this is to follow a proper diet plan. The food in the diet of these expecting mothers should include dietary fibres, carbohydrates and other nutrients like protein, calcium and iron. It is important to break the meals down into smaller portions or mini meals so that the insulin inhibitors can do their work more effectively, even as the body and the baby remain nourished.
Exercise: While most forms of exercise are discouraged during pregnancy, it is always a good idea to remain fit by doing your chores and walking. Pre-natal yoga can also help by introducing certain yogic poses that are good for expecting mothers. Gestational diabetes can also be tackled with the help of exercises like walking.
Gestational diabetes must be treated on time, and properly, so as to avoid complications for the baby and mother during and after birth.