Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SandyaYour feedback matters!
It is necessary to brush teeth twice a day to maintain dental hygiene. But brushing teeth right after eating food can make your teeth weak. When we are about to take food, our brain starts releasing chemicals. Food enzymes starts releasing into mouth which helps in break down of food. Enzymes released for promoting digestion of food have still some impact even after we have our meal. Tooth grip is somewhat compromised under enzyme effect. So it is advised always brush your teeth atleast 1 hour after the dinner.
Myself pregnant. During 2nd month my weight 56 kg and in 4th month still 56 kg. My weight not increase.Please tell.
I am 23. Since last 3-4 months my periods are scanty. And this month I did not get my periods. Also I feel my vagina is lil dry. Can a 23 years old get menopause? Is this menopause or some other problem.
Hello mam Am 22 years old and 5 months pregnant second time. I have a baby girl first aged 15 months. In my second pregnancy am having some watery substance coming out of vagina evenly. What may b the cause for that. Does having sex daily is the reason or something else. Please help me out. Thanking you.
Doc kyaa feeling hone jaruri hh girl me conceive karne ke liee actually mujhee conceive karnaa hh aur mujhe feeling s naii hotee plss suggest.
Hello Dr. which Tablet is best & Safe to take before or After Sex to not to get Pregnant can you give tablet name & when we can take that before or After Sex How many times Can we Take in a day or in a Month.
Choose your white foods carefully
- Avoid white rice, bread, pasta. These refined foods promote weight gain as they are digested quickly and cause your blood-sugar and insulin levels to spike.
- Making the switch to wholesome wholegrain varieties will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you full for longer, as they are rich in fibre and help keep your blood-sugar levels balanced.
- Includes whole grain choices like whole oats, quinoa, brown rice, daliya, buckwheat, whole grain pasta and grainy bread add in your main meal.
Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
We often forget to keep our water intake up during winter, yet it is important to drink plenty of water all year round for good health. Don't forget air conditioning and heaters can be very dehydrating.
Try to drink at least two litres a day. Herbal teas count too.
There are many wonderful health-promoting teas to choose from such as ginger (great for improving circulation), green (a powerful antioxidant and can help promote weight loss), and chamomile (helps calm your nerves).
Eat protein with every meal
- One of the best ways to maintain a healthy weight is to eat good-quality, low-fat protein at each meal.
- Protein foods have a low gi and help to stabilise blood-sugar levels, which in turn will help curb sugar cravings and prevent you snacking on sugary carbohydrate foods.
- A good guide is to keep protein servings to the size and thickness of your palm. Some healthy protein choices include nuts, seeds, legumes (and legume-based foods such as hummus), egg white, fish, lean meat, chicken, low-fat dairy and soy products.
- Protein foods also help to create a feeling of fullness, preventing you from overeating.
Fill half your plate with fruit and veg salad
- At least half of your diet should be made up of fresh fruit and vegetables (including legumes).
- Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals including vitamins a and c, folate, iron and calcium.
- Purple, red and orange varieties are particularly high in potent health-promoting antioxidants.
- However, if you are watching your waistline, don't overdo higher-gi veggies such as potato, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Aim to have about three pieces of fruit a day. Try adding fruit to your porridge, and make stewed fruit have with muesli or natural yoghurt in the morning.
Start your dinner with soup
- Have a small bowl of low-calorie mix veg soup before your main meal to help manage your weight.
- Doing this is not only a great way to increase your vegetable intake, it can help reduce the amount of food and calories you consume in a meal.
- To save time, make a healthy vegetable-based soup at the beginning of the week and freeze portions.
- Don't forget to add immune-boosting ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onion and miso to help protect yourself from colds and flu.