Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandya
Submit a review for Dr. SandyaYour feedback matters!
I clearly explain a boy ejaculates in water bucket after 10 mins it was used by a girl for vaginal was any pregnancy risk?
One of the best news what a couple can have is to expect the arrival of a baby. With changing lifestyles, most people have chosen to have a baby much later in life, with education and career taking priority. However, when the couple is ready and it does not happen, there can be a lot of anxiety and stress.
It is normal for couples to take about 4 to 6 months to conceive, and there are various factors which can affect this. It is important to consider that the issue could be with either partner and so both need to be involved in testing to find out the underlying reasons.
When you have decided to check with a doctor, the following will be considered.
- The health conditions of both parents including lifestyle (tobacco, alcohol, diet patterns, weight, etc.)
- Medical history including medications
- Any history of infertility that runs in the family
- Sexual history including sexual health, STDs, painful sex
- Gynecologic history of female including any menstrual disorders or pelvic diseases like endometriosis
- Any issues with the male partner including erection or ejaculation
- Reproductive history including prior children, prior pregnancies, miscarriages
Some of the most common tests that would be done are listed below, separately for women and men.
Women: A physical exam will also include checking the pelvic area for any obvious signs of fibroids, cysts, PID, or endometriosis. This is followed by one or more of the following tests as required for the diagnosis of the underlying cause.
- A cervical smear test to test the vaginal and cervical environment
- Blood test to test for rubella infection, varicella or chickenpox
- Blood test to check for ovulation. This is done 7 days before the period and evaluates both whether ovulation is happening and other correlated factors like temperature, cervical mucus, quality of the egg
- Blood test to check for hormonal levels including FSH, prolactin, thyroid hormone, testosterone, and progesterone. Each of these plays a vital role in the entire pregnancy cycle, and so should be evaluated
- Urine test for chlamydia, which can cause infertility
- Scanning to check for the internal structures like fallopian tubes, uterine lining, and cervix.
- The first step is to understand if there is a sexual problem including erection and/or ejaculation
- A physical exam is done to look for swellings in the scrotum
- Blood test to check for hormonal levels, especially testosterone.
- Sperm analysis including quantity, quality, and motility of sperms. This is one of the easiest tests to do and should be done even before more elaborate tests are done in the female.
Involving both the partners is very important to solve this problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Was having my period on 14th may. N I have unprotected sex with my husband on 21 st may n have taken I pill on 23 may. Today is 17th day of my period but m spotting. Is it the indication of my next period to start. If so then having period before 12 days of my regular one is harmful? Will it b normal?
What is DNS? Will that help in getting pregnancy? What are the other tests to be done to check if everything is Okay for getting pregnant?
In this modern age of it revolution virtually everything has become possible online, including medical consultation. Like a coin has two sides, there are pros and cons for online medical consultation. If used appropriately and judiciously it can definitely improve healthcare outreach.
Medicine is science and art. It requires years of training and experience to become a good doctor. Diagnosis requires knowledge of not only the disease but also of a lot of other personal, familial, environmental information related to the patient. Hence, whenever asking for a medical opinion online please be sure to describe your problem in detail and include information about the following:
1. Age, gender, weight and height
2. Marital status, occupation
3. Brief family history - any deaths, high blood pressure/diabetes/tb/ asthma
4. Personal history including diet (veg/non-veg), sleep, addictions, bladder-bowel problems, etc.
5. Medical history - any current or past diseases, past surgeries or hospital admissions, any medications, any allergies (this is very important).
6. Current medical problem description: time since problem started, how did it start, is continuous or episodic, what makes it better or worse, location, relation to time of day, nature of the problem (for eg. Pain - dull or sharp or electric current like), any treatment taken or reports conducted, how does it affect your daily work and life and other relevant details.
Also, please make it a point to answer all the questions asked by the doctor and follow up. By doing this you will be able to derive optimum benefit of online consulting.
Wish everyone a healthy life!