Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old male. I can't speak the words in any language perfectly. My tongue could not spell some words correctly. This problem have since my childhood. If I am spoke some words they ask repeat again again. So. Please tell any solution.
I'm siddaraju and I'm working for an IT company and day by day due to the daily stressful work I feel like my mind sharpness of Solving a problem was no that gud. And if I think more I felt like exhausted and and confident these days. A bit of scary hides in me all the time if I try to find a soln to a problem. Pls suggest me how to get rid of this problem.
Hi I am male working in night shift for past 7 years and my age is 29. My problem is am unable talk frequently with any of them always thinking something and concentration going down feeling lonely feeling very tired and long sleep. Don't care for anything. Please help me on this how I am come out from this.
I have a problem of delaying. everything at studies get delayed. No matter how hard I try, at the end I will be left thinking why this thing hasn't done yet. And I get depressed and stressed. A fear, increased heart rate. And a feeling of guilty.
I am 45 years old male and feeling heaveyness (swelling) under my arm pits and leg folds for the last ten years. My weight is 80kg hight 6. Good appetite.
While many of us may associate healthy food with a healthy body, it is also true that healthy food can support a healthy brain. As we start to grow old, there is something known as oxidative damage which can lead to memory impairment and general brain decline. A healthy brain is one where the brain function is at an appropriate level and the aging process has been pushed back in terms of stellar memory and information processing. According to Ayurveda and other arms of medical science, there are a number of super foods that can help in this process. Here is a list of five foods that can lead to a healthier brain.
- Brahmi: This is one of the most commonly used Ayurvedic herbs. It can be used for many ailments and it also prescribed as a brain tonic for stronger memory. Besides making the memory clear and sharp, this ingredient can improve the brain’s grasping power and the mental capacity of the brain. It is also an excellent anti-anxiety agent, as per Ayurvedic science.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This herb promotes better blood circulation in the brain, which helps in improving the overall brain function. It is also a memory enhancer. This herb is used by Ayurvedic doctors for the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and Amnesia. It is a good medicine that can repair the damaged cells of the brain.
- Ashwagandha: This is also known as an Ayurvedic wonder herb. This herb contains many beneficial properties for the brain and the rest of the body. When it comes to the brain and its functioning, Ashwagandha is ideal for patients who are suffering from severe stress. Besides being a stress reliever, this herb can also be used to keep the brain in a calm state for better performance. It helps in improving the functioning of the brain and its complex nerves. This herb is also a good memory enhancer.
- Gotu Kola: Gotu Kola is a well-known Ayurvedic herb that can be used for protecting the nerves from damage. It protects the brain cells as well. Also, it enhances the capacity of the brain and leads to improved performance thanks to the many vital elements that it carries.
- Mulethi: This is a stress relieving herb used by Ayurvedic doctors. It improves the blood circulation in the nervous system, which gives rise to better brain function. This is a very good herb for children and students, as it is a memory booster which helps them in retaining and retrieving information. It is also a stress relieving medicine that can be used to keep the brain calm and cool even in the most challenging situation.
Plz help me I'm in 12th sci i've studied many thing s, know them but I can't recall nearly 30% of it. Sometime s I also get blackout during exams.
When I get any news to lost anyone I gets very depressed for two or three months so what can I do help me.
I occasionally smoke and booze. I have medical test for SSC in ten days. Is there any chance I can clear it? And I have 0.5 sight too.
I keep on feeling anxious and because of that I become very angry, I get angry in small small things, I don't get sleep but I feel like sleeping and when I get sleep I do not feel like getting up from my bed, I only feel like sleeping the whole day.
Actually my brother started smoking how to quit smoking n he wanted to consult a doctor for that reason so that he might recommend some tablets.
Sir, I feel like depersonalisation while taking toor others or doing any other activities. I also become anxious very soon. Kindly guide.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.