Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Sir I want to know that for my stammering problem I want to done my mri brain and eeg test. Someone can tell me how much it would cost to me and what I have to do after that. Please your advice is so much valuable for me.
I'm 35 years and employee. From last 3 years i'm feeling anxiety disorders. For small things I get worried and feel some bad will be happen. Most of the time, I feel anxiety on travel or hearing huge sounds or slope roads .Also, suddenly my mood changes and will start burping while travelling and on negative thoughts. After some time I will be normal. Please guide me how to stop negative thoughts and anxiety on travelling.
I am 22 years old from Delhi. I am suffering from temper issues. I get angry at small small things from family and friends.
I am a male, 79 years old. I have recently contracted parkinson' s disease. I get a very strange feeling in the head which is difficult to describe. It makes me very uneasy. Also I feel very sleepy. Any remedy?
Felling giddy sometimes and mentally disturbed. The head is feeling heavy. From last 1 month I am going through this.
How to control my anxiety or stress? Can allopathy suitable for anxiety disorder patient because I prefer ayurveda.
I am a married female n hav 2 kids. 12 years n 8 yrs. All these years of marriage I hav not been able to make a positive rapo with my mother in law. There r lots of quarrels n fights everyday or every week or so. I am fed up now. I want live in isolation witj my husband n kids but I do not think my husband wud agree. I am in such a mental imbalance. Pls advice. She does not hesitate quarrelling with my husband n kids. Pls advice. I am in such a distress.
Do Spent At least 15 to 20 minutes per day in Regular Timings for Meditation in calm sitting thinking of divine or ur loved one in Positive Manners and Relaxation Techniques like Breathing Exercises For about 10 minutes and good smile and planning the things to do in order may keep Stress Free Life in Routine
I am 21 years old. My parents and relatives r advice me to fix a goal and aim for that. I decided one and fixed and work for that. After few days my mind changed and I aimed for another. I can not able to fix my mind as constant. Why? I have any psychological problem? Please advice.
Whenever someone speaks against me or something goes bad I become hyper and can't control it. What is the cause and remedy?
I am 33 yrs old male. I have Psychological disorders, i. e. Mental illness from last 3 months. Please help me.
I am surfing from epilepsy from 15 year. Taking two pills of Valprol CR 300 MG and levipil 500 MG twice in the day form 5 year. From 3 year I have not suffered form any stroke or any conscious but form these tablet I have severed some side effect like memory impairment, headache, dizziness, stupor, somnolence, convulsion, disorder, abdominal pain, anemia thrombocytopenia, weight increased, extrapyramidal disorder, deafness, tremor Please suggest can I stop to take this table or change the tablet.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I lost my grandpa last week But still I miss him alot Every thought just Flash through my mind whole day My all concentration breaks down How should I focus on work Please give some suggestion to increase my concentration And I can focus on my studies through that.
I suffered from bipolar disorder and took tablets for sme 5 yr. Then I got fedup and stopped tablets valunterly frm past few months. Now am trying to control my mind doing some meditation, yoga. I think. I am okay now. My question is is it possible to come out of thz type of mental illness by training ourself permanently that too without medication?
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.