Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandip Deshpande
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old female and I am suffering from depression and high blood pressure. Give some suggestions to overcome from depression.
I had been suffering from depression and hyper anxiety since long (2015). Now I am slightly better. But I am unable to concentrate on my studies due to hyper tension and excessive stress. I am not able to manage it on my own and I feel very hesitating it to share it with anyone. I had been continuously failing in the competitive exam because of this. Now I will give my last attempt of competitive exam on 18th Feb, after this I will stop appearing for any competitive exam. This is the last hope that I have. Undoubtedly, the time is less but I can crack if I come out of unnecessary fear and hyper stress. My mother also comes under stress very soon. So, I think I do have the same problem. I have recently started working Mon- Fri. On sat and Sun I study and do some exercise. But I am not able to overcome depression despite it. I am contacting you with the last hope that you will either prescribe some medication or something, so that I can come out of excessive fear immediately. Later, I will be able to manage it. Excessive Fear has hampered my life a lot. But I need something for now. Please help. I want to come out of all kinds of fear. Now 18th Feb will decide my fate. I am writing this message with a lot of hope and expectation. Please help me. I shall be very thankful to you.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Sir I am 16 years old boy. My voice is likely girls how can my voice become like boys. please give me advice and tips. I asked it before but was not helpful. Thank you.
I get tension for small things and I get irritated and feeling stress for small things .if anyone not give quick response for my words on that time I get tension and it turns to my mind changer .what can I do for decrease my tension.
A Frozen shoulder is a shoulder joint with significant loss of its range of motion in all directions, especially when we turn the arm upwards and away from the body. It is also known as Adhesive Capsulitis. According to ayurveda it is known as Avabahuk and it is caused by vitiated vata dosha. Due to faulty dietary habits and life style vata dosha is vitiated and it travels throughout the whole body. Where it finds the blockage of channels it accumulates there and in avbahuk the channels of the shoulder joint get blocked and it causes accumulation of vata dosha there. Vata dosha causes symptoms like pain, pricking sensation, stiffness and difficulty in movements.
Causes of Frozen Shoulder
- Inflammation, scarring, thickening and shrinkage of the capsule surrounding shoulder joint.
- Injury to the shoulder joint
- Tendinitis, bursitis and rotator cuff injury
Prevalence of Frozen Shoulder
It is more prevalent in patients of Diabetes and chronic inflammatory arthritis of shoulder joint, after chest or breast surgery. Long-term immobility of the shoulder joint can put the people at risk to develop frozen shoulder.
Management of Frozen Shoulder
1) Sukhayurveda Detox and Purification therapy
We at Sukhayurveda concentrate on treating the root cause of the disease. Frozen shoulder is mainly a disease of vata dosha and first of all we give the therapy to pacify vata dosha. Our detox therapy includes abhyangam, Oil Bath i.e. Pizichil and Herbal Bun Massage medicated enema and nasayam i.e. nasal insufflations in case of frozen shoulder. These therapies vary from person to person according to their constitution and disease causing factors. This gives a lot of relaxation to muscles surrounding shoulder joint.
2) Proper Nutrition
SukhAyurveda Consultant provides detailed understanding of which foods to favor and avoid for your condition. Favor foods that are easy-to-digest, nourishing, cleanse the physiology, strengthen digestion and balance your body’s inner intelligence.
3) Ayurveda Herb
Sukhayurveda consultant advises various herbal formulas according to the disease. Drugs like rasna, nirgundi, guggulu etc. have a good pain relieving effect in joint disorders like frozen shoulder. The above mentioned drugs should be taken only after consulting a Qualified Ayurvedic Physician. We at Sukhayurveda provide various formulations of all these and many more herbs.
4) Life style and daily routine
SukhAyurveda Consultant advises proper life style to the patient for reduction of the episodes of exacerbation and rehabilitation. Sedentary life style, excessive exercises, cold exposure and wandering in rain should be avoided. Bathing with cold water should be strictly avoided. Warm water bath is recommended.
5) Yoga Therapy
Physiotherapy and yogasanas have a major role in restoring the movements of the Frozen Shoulder. We at Sukhayurveda provide specific yoga therapies and exercises for the patients of various Diseases. Shoulder rotation exercises help relieving pain and increase shoulder joint movements. Maintaining as much range of motion as possible in your shoulder is important. Sukhayurveda consultant advises you how to move your shoulder joint through comfortable range of motion planes to avoid further stiffening.
6) Strengthening the Body's Natural Healing and Self-Repair Mechanisms
Sukhayurveda not only cures disease by therapies but also boost one’s inner strength to fight with diseases naturally. The healing response is one of the most complex and coordinated activities within the human physiology and often cannot be strengthened significantly without a comprehensive natural approach. We not only gives relief from pain but also make internal environment strong to not to develop the disease again.
Taking together, all the SukhAyurveda health programmes described above you can create the ideal mental, physical and behavioral environment for healing.