Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SandhyaraniYour feedback matters!
Which moisturiser will work best for your skin type?
Moisturisers are extremely essential during winters for keeping your skin soft and hydrated. The chief function of moisturisers is to ensure that the outermost layer of your skin can hold water to prevent the skin from becoming dry and charred. But, any moisturiser you choose randomly might not be effective for your skin. For making the most of your moisturiser choose one that is suitable for your specific skin type. Read on to find about the correct type of moisturisers required for each skin type.
1. Dry skin
Dry skin becomes even drier during the winters and requires a heavier, oil-based moisturiser with hydrating ingredients to remain soft. Additionally, if your skin is too dry or cracked, using products containing mineral jellies like petroleum jelly will be beneficial. This is because these products are known to minimise evaporation of moisture from your skin.
2. Oily skin
Acne and breakouts mostly occur on the oily skin, so it will be best to choose a light, water-based moisturiser if you have this type of skin. Moreover, try to opt for a product that is non-comedogenic in nature, which will ensure that you do not get clogged pores due to the moisturiser.
3. Normal skin
Normal skin can be characterised by perfect natural oil balance and an even tone. For keeping your skin soft you need to keep this natural balance intact, which can be done by using a water-based product containing lightweight oils or ingredients derived from silicon. Additionally, ensure that your moisturiser gives your skin a light non-greasy feel.
4. Sensitive skin
Sensitive skin is generally prone to skin irritations, itching, redness and rashes. If you have sensitive skin, then look for a moisturiser that contains ingredients known for generating a soothing effect like chamomile or aloe. Moreover, ensure that the product is free from potential allergens like fragrances or dyes and acids to prevent side effects such as skin irritation.
5. Combination skin
Combination skin is the toughest type of skin to maintain. People with this type of skin have an oily t-zone consisting of the nose, chin and forehead along with the cheeks having dry skin. To keep combination skin hydrated you need to use a heavy moisturiser on the cheeks and an oil-free water-based product on the t-zone.
1. Keep tummy muscles tight but don't hold your breath.
2. Keep the shoulders back and down. Avoid rounding shoulders forward and slouching especially when sitting for prolong periods using laptops or computers.
3. Try to stretch every 30 minutes by backward bending back for 30 seconds in standing or sitting.
4. Seek help from a friend or family member who can reinforce your habit and remind when you go to the poor posture mode.
5. Learn specific exercise to strengthen back and abdominal muscles and above all stay active and fit!
I'm suffering from pain in right heel n under the right knee for the last 3 months. Now even folding the right leg has become painful. Kindly advise.
Hi Dr Today Blood is coming out of my nose regularly and it isn't stopped. How can I stop this nose bleeding? And I also want to know why blood comes out of nose? Does it harm our body? Is it a major problem?
Hllo Dr. I am 31 year old I want to gain my wait because my weight is very week .i eat every food but no improvement in my weight .tell me what can I do.
I have a desk job in banking and I have gained some fat. My weight has gone up from 65 to 75 kg. I don't get time for workout at gyms. Please help.
This is regarding the vagina. It always smells making it hard for oral during love making. Sessions. Please suggest causes and any remedies please.
I am 26 yrs female. After my miscarriage, I have late menstruation period, stomach pain and less bleeding flow. What should I do?
Addiction is the absolute dependency on a particular substance or situation. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted.