Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhyarani
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. SandhyaraniYour feedback matters!
How to decrease dht, actually I masturbated a lot now there are side effects to me like hair fall, and pain near prostate, so please say me how to overcome that I'm just 18 years old. Can I treat my self naturally
I am 19 years old student At 13 years my weight is 30 KGS bt Now I have only 20 KGS how can I increase my weight.
I am 25 years male. I am very weak and thin. My body weight is only 49 kg. My bones are very thin compare to others boys in my age. Please help me getting some weight and be stronger.
Mai morning me daily 5 km running karta hu uske bad v mujhe gas banti h aur sahi fresh nhi ho pata hu.
Hi I am 21 year old and I am female. I did unprotected sex and recently I take i, pill my periods date is 4th may but still 9 may my periods not come. Please advice what can I do?
My mother has been recently diagnosed with diabetes and we want to take a second opinion on the treatment and how sugar levels can be controlled. The HbA1c test resulted in an 8.3 sugar level (uncontrolled diabetic). What should I do?
I have dandruff problem throughout year. Due to dandruff problem my scalp is always dry and my hair is getting thin day by day. What should I do please help me.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.