Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SandhyaraniYour feedback matters!
Sir I am having few white spots on my both side of the face. It appears more in light like directly in sunlight. So please give me a solution of my problem.
I am 25 year old male, I have skin problem, pimples and dark spots. Kindly suggest me how I get rid of this problem.
Is it gud to not have menses after cesarean. After cesarean I did not loose my tummy why and what should I do to flat my tummy.
I am having my pimples from past few years but its never hurt me as much as it does now. Please tell me what should I do?
Depression and anxiety are affecting millions, all over the world and the phrase ‘pull yourself together” is still at play in INDIA. There is a huge social stigma, and a sense of shame about what others in the community might think about visiting a professional, which now needs to be corrected.
Research shows that Psychotherapy and counselling sessions are the most effective treatments to cure all psychological problems. These sessions not only help individuals to cope with daily problems, but also teaches them the skills and strategies to deal with them more effectively and make oneself emotionally and mentally empowered.
With Psychotherapy and counseling, you’ll learn more effective ways to deal with problems. gradually, you would develop certain problem-solving skills, coping mechanisms and better perception for overall growth.
A lot of people do not seek help and suffer internally because visiting psychologist/ psychiatrist is considered taboo in Indian society, leading to increased mental health problems. Most of the people avoid sharing personal problems and issues, as that might expose them as being weak.
The ideal solution for someone who is depressed, anxious and facing problems at work or in personal life, is seeking a professional help of psychologist/ psychiatrist. However, most people are not aware of the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist and hence are not sure whom to refer.
Let’s find out the difference between the both:
While psychologists and psychiatrists both conduct psychotherapy and research, there are many significant differences between the two professions,which we will list in our separate blog but, one very important distinction between the two is , that psychiatrists can prescribe medications, while psychologists cannot. However, there has been a recent push to grant prescribing powers to psychologist. psychologist deal with therapies, counseling, and building healthy perception towards life. even in cases where medication is required, psychiatrist may refer the client to psychologist further, for complementing the treatment with medicines.
The next time you feel depressed, anxious or need help dealing with overwhelming social situations or difficult times, make a smart choice, consider professional help and feel safe visiting a psychologist/ psychiatrist. In INDIA, with increase awareness and education, people are outgrowing
this stigma and consider it a wise step to go ahead and take initiative toward better life.
Psychological counseling is a tool that creates success, it’s something everybody would need in their life. At each developmental stage, a person needs guidance and awareness as how to adjust with new roles and be successful. Hence, considering counselling and psychotherapy to deal with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, is a wise move.
Take that one courageous step towards life.
Get in touch with us for more information on how we can help you deal with major life problems.
I have pain on my back from 8 days. It becomes too much in night. What are the solutions for back pain?
My depression has been cured with lithium oratate supplement that I ordered from amazon. I do not feel any sideeffect. I heard lithium carbonate has sideeffects and it should be prescribed whereas lithium oratate has no such side effect. I want to ask whether lithium oratate is good to take in long run?
Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful Ayurvedic herbs and is commonly known as the Indian ginseng. Ashwagandha can be loosely translated to mean the ‘strength of ten horses’. It can be used to treat a number of diseases, relieve stress and fatigue, helps heal injuries and may also be used as an aphrodisiac and can help prevent male infertility.
- Ashwagandha helps rejuvenate the body: This herb not only calms a person down, but also restores the balance of their body. Hence, it is also known as rayasana or a herb that rejuvenates. Ashwagandha stimulates the immune system and boosts the production of white blood cells thereby, elevating levels of antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. The effects of this herb on a person’s nervous system and endocrine system can also harmonise the body, mind and spirit.
- It increases positivity: Stress and anxiety can lead to negative thinking and ultimately to depression. By fighting stress Ashwagandha helps negate these problems and instead boosts positive thinking. It may also be used to treat depression itself.
- It helps regenerate nerve cells: Along with diseases such as asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema and gynaecological disorders, Ashwagandha can also be used to treat neuro-degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s. It helps regenerate nerve cells and dendrite growth and even improves communication between nerve cells. This stimulates the body’s ability to heal any damage to the nervous system.
- It enhances memory and treats insomnia: Ashwagandha is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies to treat insomnia. It not only helps you fall asleep faster but can also improve your sleep quality. A restful sleep increases a person’s ability to concentrate and prevents drowsiness through the day. Ashwagandha also increases the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. This has a direct effect on boosting memory and elevating brain functioning and intelligence. Ashwagandha also increases the production of nitric oxide that helps regulate blood flow and blood pressure thus elevating the brain’s oxygen levels.
- It boosts libido: Ashwagandha helps optimise the functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands and helps deal with both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Similarly, this Ayurvedic herb also benefits the adrenal glands and thus influences the overall mental and physical health of a person. The functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands have a direct effect on a person’s sexual health and libido. Thus by enhancing the functioning of these glands, Ashwagandha improves sexual health and boosts libido. The nitric oxide produced by Ashwagandha also helps improve fertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.