Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhya Rani Reddy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhya Rani ReddyYour feedback matters!
During IUI doctor saw I had some infection in cervix and asked for pep smear. What can that be or this is dangerous also prescribed tablet.
Girl aged 17 irregular periods thyroid check was normal, five months ago my pill was prescribed after that there was a relief but now the same problem is again please advice.
Laughter is the best medicine, they say. Apart from making you happy and thawing a potentially anxiety ridden atmosphere, laughter can also promote good health. A deep rooted laughter session once in a while can actually rejuvenate you and give you a dose of health.
If this surprises you, then you need to read the rest of this article to find out how a bout of stress free laughter can help you in the health department. Read on to know more!
- Blood Pressure: Laughing can helping in keeping your blood pressure low, as per various medical studies. This can potentially reduce the risk of falling prey to heart attacks and strokes. The blood pressure will genuinely come down when you laugh heartily, which is especially helpful in situations for patients of hypertension so as to bring down the stress levels.
- Immunity: Did you know that the immune system of the body can get affected by the stress hormone levels? When your brain brings on signals that hint at stress and anxiety, laughter can also help in bringing down the stress levels simply by sharing a joke and laughing about a funny episode with someone close to you. This also gives a boost to the body's immune system. Also, when you laugh really hard, the T cells of the body get activated, which is how the immunity gets a boost so that the next time you are about to catch a cold or flu, the immunity takes over naturally.
- Cardiac Health: Laughter is great for the cardiac health because it helps the heart pump and burns the same number of calories that one would during a long walk. It is a great cardio workout that is ideal for people who are bed ridden due to illness or injury.
- Abs: A long and heartfelt laughter session can actually work your abs as it helps the inactive muscles of the area in contracting and relaxing. This is similar to a moderate work out for the abs. So getting a toned tummy can actually be as easy as having a good laugh.
- Endorphins: The body's natural pain killers reside in the Endorphin hormone. So have a good laugh and release these hormones as a natural side effect of laughing hard. This can help in reliving chronic pain as well.
The best part about laughter is that it generally increases the feel good factor inside you and helps you achieve a more relaxed mind and body where the immunity, heart health and general wellbeing are taken care of. So laugh your way to good health and get a well-functioning immune system with a well-toned body as well.
I am 22 year old n I am now 2 months pregnant. Yesterday suddenly I bleeding started n I went through hospital they said baby is not fully grown n heart heartbeat also low n it will cause abortion. Is this condition serious please suggest me some tips to make my baby healthy. I want my baby healthy please reply me plz.
My friend had taken 1 i-pill per day for 3 days after unprotected sex. She has done the pregnancy test after missing the period and its negative but didn't get her periods till now. Is it due to i-pill? If so then tentatively when she get the periods? Any need for further pregnancy test?
Hello, meri sister ki pregnancy ko abhi 6 weeks hue h jeeju ne ultrasound krwaya Dr. Ne kaha heart beat nhi hai baby ki or development bhi nhi h koi abortion k lie Bola h kya koi sujhav h please btaie ye meri sister ka first baby h.
Hello sir I-pill tablet lene ke baad ladki ko bleeding hona compulsory he kya? Meri girlfriend ko I-pill lene ke baad kuch bhi nhi feel hua.
The semen of men may also contain alcohol and this may reach the egg, damaging the resulting embryo. This may cause birth defects and miscarriages.
Studies have been conducted on animals to find out if alcohol has any negative effect on sperm production. In a study conducted on rats, it was found that alcohol led to low levels of testosterone and disturbances in hormonal functioning. It also found decreased seminal production in these rats.
It is believed that alcohol may affect sperm in such a way that only a few remain free of the damaging effects of drinking. It also alters the semen composition, which can harm the ejaculated sperm by either killing it or by reducing its mobility.
It is also believed that alcohol consumption may cause abnormal liver function which may give rise to increased estrogen levels. This may cause problems in sperm production.
Excessive consumption may reduce sperm count in the short time. However, if you abstain from drinking, your sperm counts may return to normal. However, keep in mind that sperm takes around three months to develop. So, if you are going for a semen analysis test, wait for at least four months before getting your sperm count checked.
If you really cannot do without alcohol, you should limit your consumption. Limit your intake to one or two drinks a day. Anything more than that, can affect your semen and sperm production. Also keep in mind that long-term excessive consumption of alcohol can actually cause permanent and irreversible damage to your sperm production. This means that even after you stop drinking, you may never be able to raise your sperm count levels.
In conclusion, if you really want to conceive, you should stop smoking and limit your alcohol consumption. These can not only reduce sperm count and decrease semen production but also have a negative effect on sperm quality and health as well as the quality of your ejaculation. This means that fertilization may become difficult and even if it does occur, there are increased chances of birth defects in the resultant fetus and an increased chance of miscarriages.