Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhya
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. SandhyaYour feedback matters!
Can my wife take my penis in her mouth for FELLATIO. Amd also I do DEEP oral sex with her vagina. WITHOUT ANY PROTECTION TAKING. Can any harm to our body.
She has been feeling weak from yesterday and vomiting whatever she eats. It happens during her periods every time. What to do?
She is suffering from PCOD. Taking folic acid and duphaston tablet daily. Experiencing one month delay in menses.
Nuts are a rich source of energy but are also one of the most common food allergens. Both children and adults can suffer from nut allergies. While some children may outgrow the allergy, for others this is a lifelong condition. When it comes to children, the sibling of a child who is allergic to nuts also has a high risk of being allergic to them as well.
Nut allergies can be categorized as an allergy to peanuts or an allergy to tree nuts. Tree nuts are nuts that grow on trees such as walnuts, cashew nuts and almonds. Peanuts are not considered tree nuts as they grow underground in the form of legumes. A person can be allergic to both types of nuts but it is not necessary that if you are allergic to peanuts, you should avoid almonds as well and vice versa.
There are laboratory tests to determine the types of food you can be allergic to but in most cases, you realize you are allergic to something only after consuming it. Some of the symptoms of nut allergies include:
- Tenderness of the skin
- Swelling of the hands and feet
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Watery eyes
- Stomach cramps
- Shortness of breath
Most of the symptoms that affect the skin and respiratory system can be relieved with the help of antihistamines. Cold compresses can also help relieve itchiness caused by nut allergies.
One of the most severe forms of nut allergies can result in Anaphylaxis. This can be described as the swelling of the throat so much so that the airways are blocked and it becomes difficult to breathe. It is often accompanied by swelling of the facial features and itchiness. The only way to relieve this swelling is with an adrenaline injection. This reduces the swelling and reopens the airways. The most common type of adrenaline injection is known as an epi pen.
Some types of foods that commonly contain nuts and should be avoided include baked goods, pesto, nougat, marzipan, soups, multigrain bread, honey, granola, sauces such as hot sauce and barbeque sauce, salad dressings and veggie burgers. Nuts are often also used as thickening agents and hence if you know you are allergic to nuts, pay attention to food labels before you buy any product and make it a habit to tell your server in a restaurant that you are allergic to nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Why should I think about my health before I travel? — there are a few reasons:
●travel itself can be a threat to your health. Flying, for example, can increase your risk of blood clots and other health problems.
●if you have an ongoing health problem, such as diabetes, it can be hard to find supplies or help if you get sick while you are away.
How do I keep from getting an infection when I travel? — if you are planning to go to africa, south america, or eastern europe, make an appointment at a travel clinic. The doctors and nurses there can help you prepare for your trip. Depending on your destination, you might need to:
●have 1 or more vaccines, weeks or months before you go. For example, if you are traveling to parts of africa or south america, you might need to get a vaccine against yellow fever.
●avoid ice, tap water, and certain foods or parts of foods that can carry germs. If you drink untreated water or eat certain foods, you might get an infection that causes diarrhea, vomiting, or other problems.
●treat the water you drink, to make sure it has no germs that could cause infection. To get rid of germs, you can boil water for 3 minutes and then let it cool. Another way to get rid of germs is to take 2 quarts of water, add 2 drops of 5% bleach, and wait 30 minutes.
●use bug spray that has deet or a chemical called picaridin. You should also wear clothes that protect you from insect bites. Plus, you should check yourself for insects and remove them if you find any. Insects can infect you with germs they carry when they bite or sting you.
●take medicines before and during your trip that can prevent infections such as malaria.
●wear shoes that cover your feet completely if you are anywhere that might have traces of dog or human waste in the sand or soil. This can happen in places that do not have good plumbing or that do not treat toilet water before dumping it. If you walk barefoot in places like these, you can get infected with worms.
What if I have a health condition, but I want to travel? — if you have an ongoing health problem, such as diabetes or heart disease, ask your doctor or nurse how to plan for your trip.
Many people with health concerns are able to travel without any problems. The key is to plan ahead, and to make sure you have all the medicines and supplies you might need. It's also important to bring a list of all the medicines you take, the doses, and why you take them.
Here are some examples of special needs people might have:
●some people with diabetes must carry pills, insulin, and syringes when they fly. They usually have a letter from their doctor explaining their needs.
●some people with lung or heart disease need extra oxygen when they fly. That's because the air on a plane that is in-flight tends to have less oxygen than the air on the ground. People who need oxygen on the plane must arrange it with the airline before they fly.
●some people with blood clotting problems or bad veins need to stand up and move around if they are on a long flight. Otherwise they can develop blood clots. They might also need to wear special stockings that improve blood flow in the legs.
What if I am pregnant and want to travel? — travel is safe for most pregnant women. But women who have had problems during pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, should limit air travel. There are no known risks of air travel for an unborn baby.
During long flights, pregnant women should stretch and flex their legs. They should also stand up and move around when it is safe to do so. This can prevent blood clots from forming in the legs.
Some of the vaccines and medicines given to travelers are not safe for pregnant women. If you want to travel to a country where infection is a concern, ask your doctor or nurse if you can safely go there. For example, many experts recommend that:
●pregnant women avoid travel to places where there is malaria
●women who are pregnant, or trying to get pregnant, avoid travel to places where there is zika virus
What else should I think about when I travel? — if you are going to:
●a sunny or warm place, make sure to wear sunblock and clothes that block the sun. Getting too much sun can lead to sunburns and increase the risk of skin cancer.
●the mountains or a place at high altitude, ask your doctor how you can keep from getting sick
●a place with a lot of traffic, keep in mind that the rules of the road are often different in other countries. Be extra careful when driving or crossing the street.
I have baby boy. I am planning to 3 years for next baby. So what are the ways I follow. What is the best way you are suggested.
Immunity –Bal(बल) and Ayurveda
In different stages of the life it is important that we maintain a healthy one, the specific system has been developed in form of सहजबल, कालबल, और युक्तिकृतबल with the help of which you get Strength (बल-Bal) throughout the life. System of this procedure of medicines is known as संस्कार.
What is Sanskar(संस्कार)?
“संस्कारो हि गुणान्तराधानं”
संस्कार is the procedure of Adulteration of quality of life or enhancing the good things.
Shuvarnprashan - A powerful Child Immunization Procedure
सुवर्णप्राशनं ह्येतनमेधाग्निबलवर्धनम् | आयुष्यम मङ्गलं पुण्यं वृष्यम वर्णयं ग्रहापहम ||
मसात परममेधावी व्याधिर्भिन च धृष्यते | षड़भिर्मासै: श्रुतधर: सुवर्णप्राशनाद्भवेत || का.सं.सू.
If you are looking for an effective Ayurvedic way, which helps in boosting your child’s immunity and health, you should opt for सुवर्णप्राशन. Shuvarnprashan, used over thousands of years, is completely natural as it is prepared from Gold (सूवर्ण), Medicated Gow Ghrita (औषधीय घृत) and Honey (मधु), which goes through proper processing according to completely safe classic Ayurvedic Method. It’s a licking foam preparation (लेह/लिढ प्रकार औषधी). It is ideal method for building the overall health and intelligence of your child.
The specific benefits ascribed to Shuvarnprashan are as follows
- Medha Agni Bala Vardhanam (improvement of intellect, digestion, metabolism, immunity, and physical strength)
- Ayushyam (promoting lifespan)
- Mangalam (auspicious)
- Punyam (righteous)
- Vrushyam (aphrodisiac)
- Varnyam (enhancement of color and complexion)
- Grahapaham (protection from evil spirits and microorganisms)
How Shuvarnprashan works?
The three components of Shuvarnprashan work together towards enhancing the immunity and as each of them individually works on the betterment of immunity.
- It is an immuno-modulator (i.e. it reconstructs the immune system)
- Provides bal to the body
- Enhances life potency
- Enriches the texture of the skin
- Pharmacological studies showed specific and nonspecific immune responses, which were modified in a positive manner in Swarna Bhasma treated. It also had a stimulatory effect on peritoneal macrophages, which may be helpful to fight against infections.
- Note: It is evidently mentioned in the texts of Ayurveda that any form of gold should be used internally only after proper purification failing to do, which may result in complications that may be even life-threatening.The type of gold to be used, mode of administration of different forms, theirs benefits and therapeutic indications are also clearly explained
- Cow Ghrit or Ghee
- Research indicates that phenolic antioxidants present in the ghee help in boosting the immune system
- It is rich in vitamin A & E, which help fight free radicals and promote good health
- CLA ( conjugated linolenic acid) in ghee lowers the level of bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides in the body.
- Ghee also improves our vision by helping our bodies properly digest fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A.
- It detoxifies the body by dissolving the toxins, which are then excreted out of the body through intestine.
- Butyric acid, is the most important element in ghee, which has also been linked to the stimulation of T-cell production, which are the heavy hitting cells of the immune system.
- The use of cow ghee can help supercharge your immune system.
- Dose shaman of Vata(वात) and Pitta(पित्त) Vikar (It balances the Vata and Pita dosha)
- Rasa, Shukra and Oja Vardhank ( Appharodiatic in nature and Improve Immunity)
- Sanskarasya Anuvartanam (Gives a boost to the potency of the medication)
- Twachya (Enhances the complexion of the skin)
- Dhee, Dhruti, Smruti, Medha vardhak ( Enhances the intellectual power of the brain)
- Agni Vardhak(Amplifies the digestive fire)
- Honey contains a protein made by bees called defensin-1, which is the most active germ killing ingredient in honey.
- It makes the penetration of other medicines easy.
- Easily palatable for children
- Contains high level of nutrients and glucose
- Chakshusya(चक्षुष्य) (Improves eyesight)
- Vishahara(वृष्य) (Aphrodisiac in nature)
- Rakta, Pittahara (रक्त & पित्तहर) ( Takes care of blood and pitta imbalance)
In a pharmaco-clinical study conducted on neonates Madhu-Ghrita-Swarna-Vacha Combination shows a significant effect on humoral antibody formation and it acted on immunological system, which was evident by triggering the response of immunological system by a rise in the total proteins and serum IgG levels.
- The problems like bed wetting and indigestion are decreased
- Reduced recurrency of frequent cough and cold. Reduced hospital visits
- Hyperactive children become calm and it enhances concentration
- Childrens are taking interest in study and sports
- Shuvarnprashan increases immunity power in disorders like epileptic convulsion, allergy, Hepatitis-B
- Improves speech
Things to note
- Shuvarnprashan can be given to your child from childbirth till the age of 12 years.
- Ideally, it should be given early in the morning on an empty stomach. Feed your child 30 minutes after giving Shuvarnprashan.
- The specific benefits of Swarnaprashana according to the duration of administration have been mentioned such as:
- If administered for 1 month, the baby will become Parama Medhavi (highly intelligent) and Vyadhibhir Na Cha Drusyate (will not be affected by any disease)
- If administered for 6 months, the baby will become Srutadhara (will be able to remember the things, which are just heard).
- You can follow a dosage for a period of 30 days. You may extend this till 180 days. Afterwards follow up on every pushyanaxatra(पुष्यनक्षत्र).
- Your child should face the east side when taking this medicine. Shuvarnprashan is also known by other names such as Swarna amruta prashana, Swarna bindu prashana, Suvarna prashan, Swarna prashana and Swarnaprashan.
However, in conditions such as acute fever, swarnprashan can increase your body temperature. It is contraindicative in condition such as diarrhea, vomiting. Hence, it is important to consult an experienced and well-known Ayurveda practitioner before starting this Ayurveda process