Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhya E.sYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes for three days? What should I do? When I woke up my eyes womt open easily? I have to rub them to open.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?
I have eyes irritating problem from last 60 years. I have to use homeopathic medicine for cureness from this. So what I will do now please helo me.
Every day I use to watch my internet. So that my eyes were becoming dry and low sparking. Please show me any good oily eyedrops that could show my eyes brightly.
Watch My smartphone screen late at night could make me lighthead and dizzy. And pressure in My head. I feel like am having a little eyes problem as well. Maybe My phone giving me them symptoms.
I feel headache and in to eyes with but not know why it is so please tell me that how will we get well.
My eye is very weak due to addiction of mobile Me glasses is -.75 left and -1.25 right please give me some cure and eye drop for removing my glasses.
Dr. I have allergies, and my eyes are affected the most, they, re puffy, red and itchy. What can I do?
I did cleanup in parlour for first time and in the process of removing blackheads some marks have developed on my face. How to take proper care of face to recover damaged skin and make skin beautiful. I have darkcircles too:-(and a boys family is going to come to see me for marriage next week. What should I do to make my skin clear and glowing within a week.
I have yellowness in my eyes science long time I eye sight also normal. I have also use some eyedrop but did not got any result.
After squint surgery to both eyes in adults how many days does it take to recover and if recover is their chance to come eyes into original position?
I also have an eye problem in the left eye. At first there were floaters and 2 black dots. I went for check up 3 times but after scanning all the report's were normal. I feel a bit heavy in left eye. Some times its burning. Doctor also gave me some eye drops as they say due to dryness. What is that. It is still there.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I have allergy of type runny nose, watery eyes and continuous squeezing from two years. When I take medicine, I feel normal but after that, again same process starts. Is there possible permanent solution for it.
My husband is 30 year old. He takes regular alcohol and cigarette. But from few days he is feeling that left oral part (inside mouth ) is senseless and also left eyes is always remains wet Why it is so .Is something serious? To whom we should concern (which kind of specialist in which department )
Hi doctors .i am suffering from myopia. Is there any sign that. Eye exercises can bring my eyesight back. Today my eye number is -2.25.
5 - 8% of children suffer from this eye problem & potentially blinding condition. Very large number indeed.
If not treated in time , your wards are risk of loosing precious visions for ever.
Write to know more at email@example.com