Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhya BalasubramanyanYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years of age and had angioplasty three years back and am on following medicines - clavix as75, rosavas 5, finpecia 1mg (for hair fall). No bp, no sugar. Have pre-mature ejaculation problem since last 25 years. Take duralast 30, which helps. Tried kegels exercise but does not help. Is there any permanent solution?
Avarta undereye cream or under eye cream for undereye wrinkles and darkcircles? I have very bad darkcircles! please suggest some really good undereye creams.
i am male .i have un controlled hair fall, thats why i am getting baldness from last 3 years. my age is 26 years
Hello Doctors, My sister, age 16 is suffering from excessive hair loss, kindly suggest us any medicine or home remedy for it. Thanks in advance.
Payal she is a 19 years old, live in Kolkata, Major problem is hair fall please give a suggest what she's do.
We all have a fear of changing appearance with age. We want to stop ageing right after the time when signs like sagging skin, dark spots and wrinkles start appearing, but ageing is an inevitable process and absolute law of nature. While this process cannot be stopped, there are simple home remedies that work wonders for your skin and help conceal your real age. Read on to know more.
- Honey and lemon juice: Lime, rich in vitamin C has bleaching effects, which helps in reducing freckles and dark spots. Honey moisturizes the skin and has a soothing action. Used as a combination, this is a great peel-off mask that can be used regularly at home.
- Glycerin and Rosewater: Glycerin is a great moisturizer and rose water is a great antioxidant. Mixed together, it helps revive skin by making it more elastic and retaining moisture, giving a younger look and glow.
- Papaya: Rich in vitamin A, papaya works wonders for eyes, skin and hair. It is rich in antioxidants and the enzyme papain works as a scrub by peeling off dead cells, making the skin more firm and elastic.
- Anti-ageing serums: Make your own at home using the following: 1 tsp aloe vera gel, 5 tbsp rose water, 2 vitamin C tablets, and 2 tbsp vitamin E oil.
- Potato to remove tans: Ideal for treating dark circles and lines under the eyes and for removing skin tans. Potato has the ideal cooling and soothing effect, leaving you fresh.
- Eggs: Egg supplies protein, essential for skin to remain healthy and young. It can be mixed with orange juice, which will increase collagen production, making the skin look elastic, firm, and radiant, improving complexion and lightening skin tone.
- Green tea and lemon: Make a toner with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and cup of green tea. This combination dabbed on the face with a cotton ball will repair dull skin, prevent spots, retain moisture and improve elasticity.
- Rice water: Whether raw or cooked, water that is removed from a bowl of rice is useful in rejuvenating the skin, improving skin tone and slowing the process of ageing.
- Coconut milk: A powerhouse of various vitamins and minerals, coconut milk moisturizes the skin and keeps it young, soft, supple and radiant. Best results obtained when a fresh coconut milk extract is used.
- Cucumber and Curd: Cucumber reduces dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. Cucumber's cooling action and rich water content also keeps the skin hydrated. The lactic acid in the curd acts as a scrub by exfoliating dead cells.
While these are just some ways, it is important that these are accompanied by a healthy lifestyle with a well balanced diet, moderate amount of exercise, good hydration, good sleep, and of course reduced stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
My lips were very red and after getting married my bottom lips became dark and its very annoying, consulted a doctor who asked me have some vitamin tablets and a cream called tosti oral gel and so many other medicine but nothing worked all I need is red please refer me good cream so that I can have red lips as I had.
Hello Dr. m suffering from dark circles under eyes can these circles cure in life is there any effective treatment for these eye circles pls help if there is no treatment then any tips to hide them. Thank you.
I m 22 years old having problem of blackening of forehead. blackening UndereyevAnd acne problem also. Suggest me.
I had been drinking alcohol for 30 year .but now I quit my drinking, after 2 month, I lost my apatite, I do not feel hungry, somewhat acidity also occurred, is it withdrwl effect, I completely lost my apatite.
Sir, I have black spots as well as pimples on my face. I used all creams but no use. NW I'm using fair nd handsome cream. Pls tell what should I do.
Sir/mam I have a problem regarding hair fall. It seems non stop, I have tried many hair oils and shampoos but nothing happened. Please give me some idea or way to get rid of this problem.
I m 37 year old male. I have hair loss problem almost bald from the middle of head and my hair are turning grey day by day.
I have eczema or ringworm on my face. I am using itch guard but not noteworthy recovered. Please suggest me medicine.
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
Ayurveda and Psoriasis
Although the root cause of the disease is yet to be identified, according to traditional Ayurveda, the vitiation of Vata and Kapha causes psoriasis. As per ayurvedic principles, Vata and Kapha are the two basic energies that uphold the balance of our body equilibrium. Strong genetic predisposition, sun deprivation, and intense streptococcal infection on the upper respiratory tract can badly aggravate psoriasis. As per ayurveda, these conditions are strong enough to create several visible pathological changes that take place are mainly due to the accumulation of dooshi vishas or low potency poisons.
Uneven and unhealthy food habits, consumption of foodstuffs in the wrong combination (Example: dairy products with fish or chicken), too much intake of yogurt, black gram, seafood, sour or salted food stuffs, etc. can trigger the psoriasis inducing pathogenesis. Other catalysts that cause psoriasis includes stress, alcohol, and tobacco consumption
Psoriasis can be effectively treated through panchakarma therapies, which include ayurvedic treatment methods for the complete detoxification of the body, and successful elimination of harmful toxins from the body fluids.
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.