Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. SandhyaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old guy. I am suffering from migraine from last 2 years. I take many pain killer tablets but no relief from pain. What should I do now?
I am 31 yera old male and have a pain in back injuries and lifting for last 1 months. So what should I do?
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.
Hello, I have taken lunch after that quick I will go to bed for 2 hours (without drinking drop of water) when I will wake up, I have drunk approx 2 lit water, this is good for health or not.
Hi, My face is becoming very dry and is wrinkling after using peroduo gel for 2 days. What can be done to overcome the peeling and wrinkling caused by this period gel?Please suggest.
Peanuts are rich in monounsaturated fats, the sort of fat that is added to a healthy heart diet. However, just as peanuts have loads of benefits, they come with certain disadvantages too. The advantages of peanuts are as follows:
- Peanuts are a rich source of antioxidants: Not only do peanuts contain oleic acid, but also the energizing fat found in olive oil and is a rich form of cell regeneration. The regeneration material is very helpful in avoiding many types of cancers. For example, as preventive agents, simmered peanuts do equal amount of recovery and regeneration as blackberries and strawberries. These are far more efficient than apples, carrots or beets.
- Peanuts are key to heart health benefits: Just as peanuts are good cancer preventing agents, dangers of death from cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases can also be avoided with their help.
- Peanuts reduce the risk of stroke based on preliminary animal studies: Resveratrol is a substance, which was initially found in red grapes and red wine. However, now it is also available in peanuts. This phytonutrient has been said to enhance the blood flow in the brain by as much as 30 percent. It enormously diminishes the danger of a stroke or a heart attack.
- It can prevent Diabetes: According to a recent study, a serving of peanut can lower the risk of diabetes by 21%. This can be attributed to the presence of manganese, a mineral that plays an important role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption and blood sugar regulation.
- It also prevents Gallstone formation: Consumption of peanuts can help prevent gallstones. According to studies, eating an ounce of peanuts or peanut butter can lower the risk of developing gallstones by 25%.
- IKnown to improve memory: Peanuts are often called the “brain food” as they contain Vitamin B3 or niacin which improves brain functioning and boosts memory. They also contain a flavonoid called resveratrol which helps in improving blood flow to the brain by 30%.
- Offers a number of anti ageing Benefits: Peanuts contain Vitamin C and Vitamin E which can prevent signs of ageing like wrinkles, spots and fine lines. They also contain resveratrol, a potent anti-ageing phytochemical also found in grapes and red wine. Being a powerful antioxidant, it is great for your skin, providing anti ageing benefits as well.
- Fuels growth: Peanuts are rich in proteins, so the amino acids present in them are good for proper growth and development of body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.