Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandesh Rai
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sandesh RaiYour feedback matters!
How can I enlarge my penis? Is there any exercise or medicines to make my penis large? Kindly suggest.
I am a 30 year old male. I get ejaculated in seconds. I want improved the duration to half hour. Suggest some allopathic medicines.
Hello doctor I am 31 year male for Delhi and my height is 5.8 and weight is 88 kg and recently I have done my checkup and I found that my uric acid level is 9.9 and in routine I am consuming home food only but in my home I eat little bit oily and tadka dal type food and I have also a over weight problem. I am also consuming some Ayurveda tablets of Himalaya for general energy like ashwagandha and Shilajit. My office job is also a setting job. So I want to know from you that my uric acid is increase due to my weight and imbalance diet or it is increased due to Ayurvedic medicine what is the reason of increase of Uric Acid. Should I not consuming the Ayurvedic medicine which is for my General Weakness and Energy.
Bipolar Disorder, Symptoms,types & Treatment
People with bipolar disorder may have trouble managing everyday life tasks at school or work, or maintaining relationships. There’s no cure, but there are many treatment options available that can help to manage the symptoms.
When people experience symptoms of both a manic and a depressive episode at the same time, they’re said to be experiencing a mixed state (or mixed mania). They have all of the negative feelings that come with depression, but they also feel agitated, restless and activated, or “wired.” Those who have had a mixed state often describe it as the very worst part of bipolar disorder.
There are three main types of Bipolar Disorder
While experiencing mania
Excited, impulsive, euphoric, and full of energy
While experiencing hypomania
While experiencing depression
Deep sadness , Hopelessness , Loss of energy and Suicidal thoughts
Symptoms in teens
Children and teens may have distinct major depressive or manic or hypomanic episodes, but the pattern can vary from that of adults with bipolar disorder. Moods can rapidly shift during episodes. Some children may have periods without mood symptoms between episodes.
Types of Bipolar disorder
Bipolar I disorder: You’ve had at least one manic episode that may be preceded or followed by hypomanic or major depressive episodes. In some cases, mania may trigger a break from reality (psychosis).
Bipolar II disorder: You’ve had at least one major depressive episode and at least one hypomanic episode, but you’ve never had a manic episode.
Cyclothymic disorder: You’ve had at least two years — or one year in children and teenagers — of many periods of hypomanic symptoms and periods of depressive symptoms (though less severe than major depression).
Causes of bipolar disorder
- Environmental factors
- Brain structure(Neurological)
Bipolar disorder treatment
Treatments for bipolar II are similar to those for bipolar I — medication and psychotherapy. Medications most commonly used are mood stabilizers and antidepressants, depending on the specific symptoms. If depression symptoms are severe and medication is not working, ECT may be used. Each person is different and each treatment is individualized.
- Mood stabilizers
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Interpersonal and social rhythm therapy
C. Some more treatment
- Electroconvulsive therapy
Famous people with bipolar disorder
Carrie Fisher, Mel Gibson,Demi Lovato,Russell Brand,Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jean-Claude Van Damme,HoneySingh
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.