Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandesh Cadabam
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sandesh CadabamYour feedback matters!
I am 35 year male and taking medicine for ocd, from last five month's, medicine name is ocifree salt is fluvoxamine melate. I am not feeling any remarkable improvement, also I have tendency to take alcohol four days in week I am having ocd related to my devotional feeling. If while doing prayer, some body's face or name come in my thoughts who is not well settled, then I start repeating the whole prayer, this thing is most irritating.
Hi sir, I am suffering from anxiety disorder, I used phschatrist medicine for 6 months and after I left the medicine also im feeling anxiety wen im feeling alone. Let me know the solution,
I asked some doctors about my problem and some of them tell me to take ashwagandha to increase memory power. So I want to know that which type of ashwagandha I have to use. Is it tablets or liquid or whatever. Please tell me about this. And please can you send me proper detail of it. My problem is of low memory power due to excessive masturbation. Please help me.
Hola! I have entered +1 medical. I really adore the joy of learning. But the coaching institution gives a lot of pressure. Everytime I have to go to the centre I feel some sort of a guilt, some sort of a pressure that does not let me go. How do I cope up? Is there some fault in me or my plans?
I am 19. My voice is heavy and rough .what should I do. I think its a reason of drinking milk daily from years. Help me to get a good voice.
How many acupuncture treatments does it take to relieve stress? Is this something that needs continual treatment?
I am 22 year male having trouble to recall my friends name. My friend is in front of me the message that I want to convey is in my mind, but can not recall my friend's name. Some times my friend will be very few meters away, but I will not get his name in my mind.
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.