Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep T AlvaYour feedback matters!
I heard about Evion 400 TABLET for hair prevent from hairfall. I am facing hair fall badly. I want to know till how many months I should intake this tablet. Please advise me.
Hello sir my name is Attahullah I am 20 year old but I didn't have any beard or mustache can you please sir help me.
Hello mam and Sir. I have a very sensitive skin and fair complexion and also have a dry skin.In Winter my face become very red and itching on my face around my neck area and uperlips. Some pimples also come out. Pls suggest me what I can do for relief from this kind of problem.
I have pimples over my face. Even I don't squeez it leaves spot. Please suggest me what should I do?
I am 23 years old male. I am suffering from acne for past 3 years, I wash my face frequently but no response. What should I do?
Suffering from hair fall I have loss my 30%hair on my forehead please tell me a some medicine to cure this? Will livon work on it?
I am hair losing all I have tried to all shampoos but no effect yet. Can you suggestion this problem slov as soon as possible?
I am getting grey hair from about an year. I had suffered from drug induced osteopathy from fluroquinolones due to a doctor's fault who prescribed me over dosage and second thing I do lot of dieting too to stay slim. please help ne to get rid of these grey hair. I am very tensed and feel really ashamed to ahow off my hair. Even though they are not that much right now. Its like I have a bunch of around 30 strands in front and rest at back of my head.
I have lots of black spots on my face. These r the spots of my pimples. The pimples have gone but there spots are still left. If there is any homely treatment. please say.
I am a 22 year old female. I have been having heavy hairfall since almost a year. All the blood tests seemed to be normal so I was prescribed trichoton forte for a month. Will this help at all plus the doctor has asked me to consume a lot of water how does that help.
I am getting so many of pimples day by day and not able to come out through it I tried many medicines, home remedies etc but no effect. Its getting worst as day is going whole skin is getting red and even it makes stains on my face and my face gets effected a lots can anyone please suggest something for treatment? And my another problem is that my knee is paining a lot even if I do not walk or do any work tried many things but there is no effect so can anyone please suggest something for that also? It will be very kind if anyone suggests any steps Thank you waiting for someones suggestion.
I am losing my hair quickly. I have tried many anti dandruff shampoos. Please suggest me a remedy to my hairfall.
My mother age is 55 she noticed high sensation and itching on her left feet middle finger. Please let me know the possible reasons for the same.
Hello Doc. Please suggest me some home remedies as a cure for dry, dull and problematic skin in winters. Thanks.
At any point of time, only 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% is resting and falls off after 2 to 3 months to make space for new hair follicles. Thus, while it is normal to shed a few strands of hair a day is normal, waking up to find multiple strands of hair on your pillow can be a nightmare for anyone.
Hair loss can be of many types and in order to treat it, you must first figure what type of hair loss you suffer from. Some of the main types of hair loss are:
- Involutional alopecia: This type of hair loss affects people who are middle aged and older. In such cases, more and more hair follicles go into the resting phase after which they fall off. The hair that remains becomes shorter and brittle making it easier to break.
- Telogen effluvium: Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition that causes changes in the hair follicle’s growth cycle and puts a number of hair follicles into the resting phase simultaneously. This is often experienced after a stressful event like a severe illness, childbirth, stress or sudden weight loss, and can last for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
- Male and female pattern baldness: For males, hair loss at the top of the scalp in an ‘M’ shape which gradually turns into a ‘U’ around the side of the head is a sign of pattern baldness. This condition makes hair follicle thinner, shorter and brittle and is triggered by genetic conditions. For women, this condition begins with hair loss at the crown and gradually progresses to complete baldness. Both male and female pattern baldness have very gradual hair loss and so you may not notice significant thinning until quite late.
- Patchy hair loss: One of the most noticeable symptoms of this type of hair loss is one or two smooth, hairless spots. Apart from the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, arms, legs and facial hair. In most cases, this has a sudden onset and is temporary. However, when hair grows back in one bald spot, it may fall out from another. In some cases, the hair may not fall out but may break, leaving behind patches of extremely short hair.
- Tinea capitis: This is a contagious fungal infection that affects the scalp of school-going children. It makes hair in certain patches or all over the scalp break off and triggers inflammation in the scalp. Pus-filled sores and a scaly scalp are other symptoms of this condition.
- Trichotillomania: Hair fall can also be triggered if you twist or pull your own hair. This psychological disorder often affects children and causes hair loss by breakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.