Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep T Alva
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep T AlvaYour feedback matters!
Why did comes energy in private parts and it's comes night very hard no itching spots wat reason for this problem.
Hi I'm a male or boys I don't have Ac at home I can not afford to buy AC how can I become or get fair skin without being or staying in the AC or AC rooms? Is it necessary only to become or get fairer or fair skin by staying or being in AC rooms or AC whole day or full time? Is it necessary to have AC at home or being or stay in AC whole day or full time to get or become fair or fairer skin on face and body please tel me please how can poor people or middle class people become or get fairer skin without having or staying in AC or AC rooms please wat should we do please help me plz.
I am 20 years old girl. I I have a pimple problem from last 6 months .I consult the doctor also but still I don't get any good result of pimples.
Acne is one of the main problems teenagers and young adolescents have to face in their day to day lives. It is not just an esthetic issue but also a psychological one as the condition can really affect the people emotionally. The main cause for this is the hormonal changes that occur with teenage but also the changing food habits that set in at this age. The oily skin of some people makes it conducive for developing acne, than in people with normal or dry skin.
Types: They can be classified based on severity and type of lesion
- Based on severity, they can be mild, moderate, and severe.
- Based on the type of lesion, they can be whiteheads, blackheads, bumps, nodular, or cystic.
- Based on duration, they can be acute or chronic. The acute phase is more infective and can also be cystic or pustular.
Management: Acne problems can be managed in both therapeutic and preventive mode. Treatment is undertaken to address the issues in the acute phase. Preventive measures can be taken to ensure the incidence of acne is reduced.
Treatment: From a topical treatment point of view, three compounds are commonly used to treat acne.
- Retinoids: These are vitamin A derivatives and are useful in treating both blackheads and whiteheads.
- Benzoyl peroxide: This over-the-counter product is aimed at reducing the bacteria on the surface of the skin, which in turn reduces the acne.
- Antibiotics: In the case of cystic or pustular acne, antibiotics can be prescribed to deal with the issue. These also can be used along with the retinoid or benzoyl peroxide for better effect.
Acne scar removal: For people with severe acne, the scars become a huge cause of concern. These can be removed by:
- Laser: A beam of laser is used to get rid of the darker tissue on the surface as a result of acne. This reduces the bacterial concentration and sebum content in the skin, both of which lead to severe acne.
- Photofacials: The outer layer is cooled and the inner layer is heated through a probe. This causes the production of collagen, which promotes skin regeneration and helps in getting rid of the scar tissue.
The skin may appear red and swollen for a couple of days, but will gradually improve with time.
General tips to reduce the effect of acne:
- Reduce the use of irritants (creams, perfumes, and deodorants in the area of acne).
- Stay away from harsh sunlight, or do so with sufficient protection.
- Avoid oily food, which worsens the condition.
- Drink sufficient water to keep the skin hydrated.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables for better skin.
- Use natural scrubs like fruit peels and reduce chemical use. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.