Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hello madam/sir my mother feel one feet ankle (under feet) pain from last 3 to 4 month. This pain start when my mother start walk one stone road for few days. How this pain can be alright madam/sir? Thank You.
Why does pain occur? The mechanism of pain explained
Pain is an unpleasant and distressing physical sensation caused by disease or injury, which induces hurt and anxiety in those suffering from it.
There are many different manifestations of pain, ranging from short term (acute pain) to long term (chronic pain). Other classifications include pain in the internal organs (visceral pain), injured tissue (inflammatory pain), nerves (neuropathic pain), etc.
The reason for the occurrence of pain depends on the cause and kind of pain being experienced. In most cases, pain acts as a warning sign that the body has been afflicted by a disorder of some sort, which may have arisen due to internal sickness or external wounding. Acute pains are generally cured on their own through rest or simple medication. Chronic pains, on the other hand, are more complicated in nature and the treatment requires more elaborate diagnosis.
The mechanism of pain
Pain is an extremely personal and subjective experience and affects each individual to varying degrees. The pain signals, which can arise in any part of the body, travel through the spinal cord to the brain along thousands of specialized nerves and nerve fibres. In the brain, it is processed in the centres associated with anxiety, emotions, memory, appetite, etc. Signals and pain inputs are then returned from the brain to the spinal cord, which may heighten or diminish pain.
In some cases, pain may also be induced by damage to the brain and spinal cord, which happens after a stroke.
A constant barrage of pain signals may cause the cells at the end of nerve fibres to become over-sensitized. This is known as ‘wind-up’ and is one of the most common causes of chronic pain that occurs even though the root of the problem has been identified and treated.
The causes and effects of pain differ from case to case depending on the signals received by the brain and its interpretation. It affects the individual’s day to day activities and if persistent, can also have a harmful impact on mental health and psychosis. Pain is always handled, diagnosed and treated differently in all patients by drawing out the best possible solution to the problem.
I have back pain type in back side, Next day high blood pressure start in night, next day slow blood pressure, and back side pressure.
I have been having low back pain for the last 1 month. I have used hot pack tens unit but all in vain. What could be reason for this low back pain?
My mother age 45 she is suffering for the initial stage of arthritics problem in the right leg. Dr. prescribed some medicine but I want to confirm from your side that shall my mom will continue the medicine. 1. GEMIDRO TAB2. WILLGO TAB3. PENTOMED D CAP4. CYVIT CAP5COLLAFLEX SACHET.
Sir, first we appreciate that this type of activity My brother age 45. He suffered gout problem. Regularly he checked uric acid levels. Just it up and down. We showing doctors but no body giving correct information of this disease. Just Prescribed only painkillers and regular of febuget tab. I expect to get the right suggestions from you r side. please give the diet information and right suggestions.
My husband had a fall from active n gt a hit on hips so he has some muscle pain we had gone to a orthopedic so he suggested medicine for 5 days Myotop DSr and pantosec DSr but there still pain while sitting in straight position. Wat shld b done.
I am diabetic from past 5 years. Age 53 years. My left knee gives me pain. First it was after long city driving, now it is while driving. Please suggest how I am affected and remedy.
I have got a pull up in my lower hip region while bending. What can be done to relieve the pain Pain is bearable. Difficulty in bending and doing normal activities. Application of heat belt is giving relief. What can be further done Anything serious to go for Xray ?
Iam 21years old. I do run daily so now iam getting pains in knees please give solution for knee pains.
Daily I suffer from savior neck pain at nights or sometimes even in early morning. I actually look so tall. But I suffer daily. I doesn't know the reason. I took all scans xray. But noting was found in tat. Even now it's so painful.
I am 48 have a cartilage and meniscus tear on my left Knee.I haven't thought of any surgery for the last 10 years and have been walking and running so long. Recently last 6 months when I start to walk a short distance I get a pain on my calf muscles i need to wait for a few a minute to continue to walk I did see a doc for other issues where they told me I have a Vitamin D deficiency and under medication for this.However when we did take a scan it was noticed that there was insufficient blood flow to my lower hips and I been been given Tabs for diluting or thinning the Blood. Is this pain due to this or because of my Knee Problem. Suggest a good Doc in Bangalore Thanks for the help
I'm suffering from neck pain and backpain at the age of 20 only and my xams are going onn I can't concentrate on my studies due to this its affecting my studies so please help me as fast as you can please and more than 3 hrs I have to sit in one position in xams hall that will b very difficult for me .plz help.
I have fever. Yesterday it reached 102 at night. But fingers are paining. I am not experiencing any joint pain.
I have a neck pain since 8 to 10 days and it pains just at the end and left side of spinal cord. please suggest?
My mother's operation failed at Hinduja Hospital of spine. They operated only one disc whereas MRI clearly shows multiple bulges. And they all are building stories and running away.?
Frozen shoulder is a condition where the patient encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for several weeks. Inflammation around the shoulder increases the inability to move or stretch properly. This happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder can also occur when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs if someone is recovering from surgery or experiencing joint pain. It may also be experienced as a symptom of thyroid, joint disorders or diabetes.
Some of the causes and risk factors for creating a frozen shoulder are as follows:
- If you are 40 years or older, your chances of a frozen shoulder are higher than others
- Recovering from a damage or surgery
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ladies are more prone to a frozen shoulder
- Cervical disc infection that influences the nerves around the shoulder
- Not moving your arm because of other pain or wounds
- Having a previous medical condition like diabetes or other heart diseases
- Open-heart surgery or spinal surgeries
- Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle
The most widely recognized symptoms of a frozen shoulder include:
- Stiffness around the shoulder: this usually happens in one shoulder at a time (not both) and will probably return in the same shoulder. Muscle, joint and bone agony in and around the shoulders or arms may be experienced.
- Restricted scope of movement
- Having difficulty moving and using the shoulders or arms ordinarily, (for example, experiencing difficulty in getting dressed, driving, holding objects before you, and gestures.)
- Stretch the Shoulder: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder by doing a few warm up exercises. This will improve the blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries by making your body more comfortable with the motion. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
- Non-intrusive treatment: While these activities mentioned above can be easily performed at home, if pain continues and makes it difficult to move around or work ordinarily, see a physiotherapist who can appoint particular activities and can enhance your scope of movement, flexibility and strength.
- Dietary Supplements: Various supplements can be taken with the recommendation of a doctor, in order to improve recovery. Alfaifa (horse feed) and turmeric are two of the most regularly recommended elements that relieve swelling and repair the tissue in the shoulder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.