Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep HegdeYour feedback matters!
Parotid gland swelling very small with very slight pain and pricking sensation. Already has once which was visible but treated with antibiotics. Occasionally smoking.
My tooth filling dropped out I am scared to go again to the dentist. What should I do to cure it at home?
I consult good dentist and cleaned my teeth. He said I have some stomach problems thats why bad breath is coming can you pls say some tips to recover from it.
I have many gaps in my upper teeth n lower teeth I have been suggested ty go fr metallic braces it is safe and it will help me tu close my gaps?
I used to chew tobacco now I had left the habit but my mouth is getting closed. Can you suggest any medicine to get it back to normal.
Hi Dr. I'm 40 years old and am active cigarette smoker since years now. My front tooth is aching since 2 days and found its colour has also got changed. Not matching with its adjacent teeth. Pls let me help with the reason and treatment. Thank you in advance.
Hi sir, I am a female of 34 years old. My chewing teeth are almost decayed and having trouble while eating. What is the solution for this and will this also cause indigestion of food? plseaseadvice.
Umar 24 yr. Mai lagbhag 3 mahine se pareshan hun Mujhe pahle aage ka jo tant ka hissa Hai nichli satah me Chala pargya phir aage ka jo tant ka upri satah Hai masude ke just uper ek chota sa line ke trah Chala parga. Kuchhi dino me mujhe tonnsil padgya Mai hartrah ka test karwaya kahin koitrah ka dikkat nhi hi Mai ilaz karane me laparwahi karta hu lekin antibiotics leta rahta hun magar mujhe kuch dino se jaida pareshan hun Kuchdino se mahgi dawain chal rahi Hai magar kuch fàida nahi horaha Ek baat aur sir/mam Mai sirf tambaku ka pàryogkarta hun wah bhi bahut kam Mujhe kuch rasta batain please.
Venerable sir / mam there is problem in my 2 tooth. Past 1.5 I get filled my cavity by a local doctor in my small town. He filled with white cement (used for making teeth). Later 1of my tooth had been uprooted & now another is making probing. Gums around the tooth swelled up. & in filled with yellowish, blood. It pains. & also unstable, I can't eat food from it., please help.
One of my frnd used to take tobacco and his tooth became tobacco stain tooth with full of gum line on his teeth, he is still unmarried (two times rejected from girl for this reasons). He left the tobacco now but still remains the black/brown layer on his tooth even he brush twice daily. What is the best way to remove the tobacco stain n these black brown layer from the teeth? please suggest the best way sir madam.
I have problem of foul Smell. My dental care is good. Foul Smell is there even just after brushing. I have consulted dentist, Gastrologist, Physician but no resolution. I have also gone for KFT, stomach ultrasound with no anomaly. I am not able to understand the reason. This problem is there every time and is very frustrating for me. It has reduced my ability to speak and discuss.
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"