Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep H S
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Tuberculosis
Treatment of Shortness of Breath
Treatment of Pneumonia
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of COPD
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Treatment of Persistent Cough
Treatment of Occupational Lung Disease
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Treatment of Breathing Problems
Treatment of Lung DIseases
Treatment of Interstitial Lung Disease
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Lung Fibrosis
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep H SYour feedback matters!
Hello sir my name is a man and I am from sirsa, I am having cough and sneezing from last many years, I don't know why I am suffering from this kind of allergy, I need your help in any way if you can, thank you sir.
Chest Dr. told me that I am suffering from asthma and given a medicine which affect my sleep n breath problem name as Deriphyllin retard 150, Omnacortil-20, Esiflo500, Levolin rotacaps I want to knw it is right medicine or high power medicine my age is 23.
I have had cold for almost a week now. What are some home remedies for treatment of cough. Also what should I do to avoid catching cough and cold?
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
My dad suffering from shortness of breathing while talking and normal work. We have done many check up angiography ECG etc. All reports are fine. Now doctor told that he has allergy and treating Allegra and ecosprin. But I don't see much improvement. Should I wait or should go to other check ups?
• History of allergy – skin allergy, asthmatic etc.
• Mostly inhaled allergens cause asthma.
ALLERGENS CAN BE:
– Environment - smoke, dust & pollution and petrol fumes.
– Pollen and molds from grass, flowers and trees.
– Strong perfumes
– Paints & varnishes
– Tobacco smoke
– Animal dander
– House dust mite
– Chemical fumes
FOOD, WHICH CAN CAUSE ALLERGY ARE:
– Sour food
– Citrus fruits
– Cold food & drinks
– Artificially colored & flavored foods
– Beer, wine
– Canned vegetables
• Infection of lungs, bacterial or viral.
• Emotional stress
• Over strenuous exercise
• Inhalation of old air
• Climatic changes
• Allergy to certain drugs.
• Chain smoking.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Initially feeling of distress and restlessness with painless tightness in the chest.
• There may be cough, sometimes with phlegm.
• A wheezing / whistling sound when breathing.
• Mild to moderate shortness of breath.
• Shortness and rapid breathing followed with a feeling of Anxiety, sweating and inability to lie down on the back.
• Usually the sufferer finds comfort in sitting bent forwards and near the windows.
• Try to recognize and avoid the factors that trigger the asthmatic attacks.
• Keep a diary and try to trace a pattern or relation between your allergic reaction and the allergen.
• Families with history of allergy should avoid artificial food, eggs, cocoa, juices and wheat preparation to infants till the age of six months. Only breast feed infants for the first six months to strengthen the immune system.
• For infants born in vegetarian family, vegetarian food is preferred.
• Avoid food and drinks known to cause allergy - cow milk, vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food and drinks, canned food, food additives, beer and wine.
• Eat balanced nutritious diet.
• Eat fresh unprocessed food.
• Consume Bitter gourd (Karela) cooked or juice, it strengthens the immunity.
• Every morning, drink boiled mixture of – ½ cup water, little ginger, 2-3 leaves of sweet basil (tulsi) and mint leaves, or you can eat the raw leaves, this will boost up you immunity.
• Boil a mixture of Bishops weed (Ajwain), tea leaves and water and inhale the steam, helps to decongest.
• Consume garlic and onions, will be beneficial, but avoid them if you are on homeopathic medicine.
• Consume lots of Vitamin B complex.
– Liver, kidney, pancreas, yeast (Brewer's yeast), lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg, shrimps, crabs and lobsters,.
– Milk and milk products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grain cereals.
– Carrots, bananas, avocado, raspberries, artichoke, cauliflower, soy flour, barley, cereals, pasta, whole grains, wheat barn like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans.
• Increase intake of magnesium in your diet.
– Sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
– Peas, lotus stem, pulses, whole grains, fruits.
• Avoid smoke, pollution, and dust as far as possible.
• Try to reduce stress, anxiety and tension, practice yoga will help to relax and relive stress.
• Yoga will also help by breathing exercise. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space.
Avoid inhaler ,bronchodilator in case of young age .childhood.why are you damage your lungs,its not benefits for long duration.
Save YOUR LUNGS With Homeopathy
My son who is twelve years old have headache at evening time, family doctor told us, its sinus what should I do? He wakes up at 5: 45 a. M and return from school at 3 p. M. He also take nap after returning from school.
I am 21 year female. I ate hotdog 3 days ago. And after one hour I felt pain in my throat. When I checked my throat I found white patches on my left side tonsil. And I felt swelling in my throat. And next day one ulcer appeared on my lip and 2 ulcers in mouth wall. And my gums are also swollen. and I found some whitish thing in my lower teeth gums. When I brushed in morning I felt so much pain my gums. And when I am eating anything I am having pain in my teeth also. And fever goes when I take rest or sleep. And come again after some time. And today is third day but pain in is less now. What should I do?
I am having knot on right side neck for a very long time. I had homeopathic medicine for 6 months. Then I got mensuration problem. Then my doctor suggested for FNAC.. I found tuberculosis..
Tuberculosis is a lung related disease that is caused by bacteria known as Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Tuberculosis spreads through the air and is a highly contagious disease that can be transmitted through coughing, sneezing and spitting. The symptoms of this condition include coughing, blood discharge while coughing, fever, extreme weight loss, and chills. Against general myths, this disease can be treated and is curable too. Effective, timely diagnosis and treatment with the correct methods and medication are required. Let us find out the various means for effective treatment of tuberculosis.
Diagnosis: Let us first look at the diagnosis method that will help in detecting the presence of the bacteria in the body. The doctor will take a blood sample and conduct a series of lab tests in order to diagnose the condition. Also, the doctor will check the medical history of the patient so as to understand what kind of complications the person may be prone to. For this, the doctor will also find out if the patient is suffering from diseases like diabetes, malnutrition and other conditions arising out of tobacco abuse. Diagnosis of Pulmonary TB is by sputum for AFB examination and some blood test may also be required.
Medication: Usually, the best way to treat this condition is with the help of a six month long course of antibiotics that may also last 12 months, depending on the prognosis. The patient will be put in quarantine as well, so that he or she does not end up spreading this disease to anyone else. A voluntary medical practitioner or trained health worker will help in care giving and medicine administration under the instructions of the doctor. The medication will usually consist of four antimicrobial drugs or antibiotics, which will stop the release of nutrition and oxygen to the bacteria so that it cannot develop and grow. This will also ensure that the bacteria gets killed eventually.
Control of Infection: The spread of the infection is such that a single sneeze or cough can infect up to ten to fifteen people who are near the patient without proper masks and other gear to prevent the transmission. Therefore, it is the job of the hospital to ensure that proper infection control takes place by using ultraviolet light to sterilise the air around the area where the TB patients have been admitted.
One thing that the patient must remember about the treatment is that immediate and timely treatment with medication must be taken so that the patient is able to get cured. If the patient skips medicines or does not get treated on time, then the infection will come back again and again. And after a point, the patient's body and the bacteria will not be able to react to the medicines.